welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

July 22: Not my fault!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EverythingsJake

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I believe life is too short to waste any of it on reading comics that are are consistently unappealing or annoying, much less taking the time to comment on any of them. So much time and energy spent on hating that could be spent on something constructive.

However, other people's mileage may differ. And must, judging by the number of people who troll even the most innocent of comics. Strange.

Doesn't mean I have to read their annoying complaints. Nor does anyone have to read this.
mouse

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverythingsJake wrote:
Personally, I believe life is too short to waste any of it on reading comics that are are consistently unappealing or annoying, much less taking the time to comment on any of them. So much time and energy spent on hating that could be spent on something constructive.

However, other people's mileage may differ. And must, judging by the number of people who troll even the most innocent of comics. Strange.

Doesn't mean I have to read their annoying complaints. Nor does anyone have to read this.

shit, you made me read all the way to the _bottom_ to find out i didn't have to read that??
diagram12345

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverythingsJake wrote:

There's a whole industry built around outrage -- some people *love* feeling morally outraged. For those people, a certain kind of enjoyment that comes with choosing to view media that you know is going to offend you. If you find feminist themes in a webcomic to be an easy target, for example, there's a certain kind of satisfaction that comes with feeling morally superior to the comic's content.
EverythingsJake

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
shit, you made me read all the way to the _bottom_ to find out i didn't have to read that??

Dear me, that was unfair. But I don't think it would have helped have put an instruction like "Read all the way to the end before doing anything," as in one of those silly "learn to read directions" exercises they used to inflict in school. And maybe still do.
EverythingsJake

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diagram12345 wrote:
There's a whole industry built around outrage -- .

Heaven knows there are political and mass media careers built on the same. A shame it sells so well. And it's a sad comment on human nature that it does.
mouse

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverythingsJake wrote:
mouse wrote:

Dear me, that was unfair. But I don't think it would have helped have put an instruction like "Read all the way to the end before doing anything," as in one of those silly "learn to read directions" exercises they used to inflict in school. And maybe still do.

oh jeez, i remember those - they would have this whole list of horrible instructions and then at the bottom say "don't actually do any of this".

although it would be complicated to follow a direction like "read to the bottom before you do anything" followed by "don't read any of this".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: