welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

July 30, 2014: Bossy McBossypants
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EverythingsJake

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:29 am    Post subject: July 30, 2014: Bossy McBossypants Reply with quote

Oh, dear, Milton! Was that an actual teeny little hint of something approaching micro-rebellion?

At least she released him. I wondered if Blue would leave him bound for a while to contemplate his sins.
Night Spade

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh noes, he used the dreaded B-word, if he keeps using it, she might get all angsty and quit being the boss since everyone knows that the B-word like kryptonite to all the XX carriers who seek leadership positions. Razz

I like to think that she's a bit tougher that that.

Also she had to release him, he doesn't get paid to lay on the job after all.
Jabberjay

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to wonder how the remote destruct works in more detail. If it is based on explosive charges distributed throughout the body that must be activated then they can be removed. If it is based on a systems overload or deliberate cooling failure then the best solution would be to remove their ability to receive any remote signals at all. Sure it means they can't surf the internet in their head, but if that keeps them from being dominated or exploded then it's a worthwhile sacrifice.
Night Spade

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jabberjay wrote:
I have to wonder how the remote destruct works in more detail. If it is based on explosive charges distributed throughout the body that must be activated then they can be removed. If it is based on a systems overload or deliberate cooling failure then the best solution would be to remove their ability to receive any remote signals at all. Sure it means they can't surf the internet in their head, but if that keeps them from being dominated or exploded then it's a worthwhile sacrifice.

It depends on if Fembots get updates via wifi like computers do and while I might be wrong, one way they could destruct the fembots might be to induce a "Red Ring of Death" effect.
Ronald

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue's orders kind of beg the question of just how many Devil Corp retail outfits there are. If we take seriously the implication that The Devil supposedly all but rules the world, that would imply that Devil Corps retail outfits are all over the world. If so then, for all Blue knows, the rogue Bots could be a plane heading overseas by now. She obviously has no idea what particular shipment they're in, or she wouldn't be giving the drones such expansive orders to begin with.

Considering that there are however many gazillion Fembots On Sale Now and that Devil Corp has plenty of other products and industries, I'm wondering if everyone's not overreacting just a touch. But what do I know.
diagram12345

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this strip they remind me of some villainous duo on a children's TV show.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Night Spade wrote:
Oh noes, he used the dreaded B-word, if he keeps using it, she might get all angsty and quit being the boss since everyone knows that the B-word like kryptonite to all the XX carriers who seek leadership positions. Razz

Yes, let's ban words that have been used against us! that'll totally work!

in fact, let's ban any word that might have been part of any awkward childhood memory ever

top lelkek
lelel
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For fuck's sakes, Milton. She's supposed to be bossing you around, she is The Boss. This made you all gooey inside a short while ago, dumbass.

Heretical Rants wrote:
Night Spade wrote:

Yes, let's ban words that have been used against us! that'll totally work!

in fact, let's ban any word that might have been part of any awkward childhood memory ever

top lelkek
lelel

We're having sarcasm contests now? What is this, Tumblr?
Onimaru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He only found it interesting when it fed into a fantasy, of her ordering him to do things he wanted in a sexy boss voice.

Now she's acting like a BOSS should, and demanding he be competant and effective at his job in a stressful situation and his 'wtf what's she bitching me out for' instinct is kicking in. Probably not helped by his views and/or mentality about women subconsciously asking him 'Why do I have to listen to you? You're just a woman STANDING IN for the real boss.'

Fortunately for Milton and his continued survival/employment, and unfortunately for us, he's far too much of a coward to voice any such sentiment in anything other than his whiny passive aggressive insults.
Echo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so, we knew Milton's a dick. And could have worked out that the reality of Blue being in charge wouldn't correlate with his fantasies, what with her being interested in doing her job and specifically uninterested in sex with him.

But overall I am rating this a "Boooooooooooo!" for cutting away from 'Nique and Abby being adorable.

One other point: Blue's ordered the searching of all Devilcorp stores and vehicles. The stores being searched is bad news for the escaping liberated fembots, and I'm still worried that the only one to escape will be the one who's still hiding in a box. But searching the vehicles... will that mean they just know they lost that robo-ambulance that Tess nicked, or will they track it to the Sisterhood's hideout?
Ennis

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tagline actually made me laugh today XD
Jabberjay

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The weaponized fembots are just fine, assuming when she's ordering the search she's telling the stocking employees to do it. I work in a shipping warehouse for twelve bucks and hour and only make that kind of money because I'm in Canada. If this were the United States my job would proably be taken by a mexican for a dollar an hour.

Neither me, my average co-workers, nor this hypothetical mexican would ever actively search for an activated, rogue, weaponized fembot. Nope. Not paid nearly enough for that shit. I'd probably pretend to search with at least one buddy so we'd have an excuse for an extended smoke break.

Work ethic is for when your boss isn't pointlessly endangering your health and safety.
Graybeard

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Onimaru wrote:

Now she's acting like a BOSS should, and demanding he be competant and effective at his job in a stressful situation and his 'wtf what's she bitching me out for' instinct is kicking in. Probably not helped by his views and/or mentality about women subconsciously asking him 'Why do I have to listen to you? You're just a woman STANDING IN for the real boss.'

This idea that that is what a boss "should" act like strikes me as rather ... odd.
Hekateras

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graybeard wrote:
Onimaru wrote:

This idea that that is what a boss "should" act like strikes me as rather ... odd.

She's acting like the boss she's standing in for acts: giving orders. Better?
Graybeard

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's better. In context, anyway. She is as skilled at being a bad boss as her own boss is. She is still a bad boss.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: