welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2014-08-02 Devil Tech Headquarters 58: The Robots are Coming
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jabberjay

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to wonder, do other religious entities exist somewhere in the Sinfest-verse? We've seen Buddha, so is Mara chillin' at Mara-Corp somewhere in China? Do they use superior ninja-bots

EDIT: One thing I just thought of about the weaponized fembots, and even the non-weaponized ones. They have superior murder-capability in comparison to the average human being as an innate part of their physical structure (claws, hair-lasers), are likely more resiliant to phyiscal abuse and definitely resistant to pain. They are also capable of being dominated via technological means and commanded remotely. If they can be freed then they can likely be enslaved once more, or reprogrammed. While I doubt they had a benevolent intention, being Devil Corp and all, a remote destruct could be justified to protect innocent lives in the event that a fembot goes rogue.

If The Sisterhood wanted to be responsible they would both remove the remote destruct (if it is based on charges which may be removed) and de-weaponize the fembots. It's easier to live a normal life without a death-cannon attached to one's scalp.
tricksterson

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dragon is meant to represent Eastern religions as a whole, refers to God as "the Western God" and has gone lightning bolt to fire breath with him.

There;s also Cupid.
KillAllMen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tricksterson wrote:
The Dragon is meant to represent Eastern religions as a whole, refers to God as "the Western God" and has gone lightning bolt to fire breath with him.

There;s also Cupid.

Tat isn't stupid. Xe isn't going to represent any Muslim symbols because xe doesn't want xir head cut off by the Religion of Peace.

Fuck Xtian oppressors!
EverythingsJake

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe you mean "zie" and "zir." If you're going to fake being a tiresomely predictable broad brush pastiche of a stereotyped man-hater, at least try to use the language a little bit correctly, even if you can't understand it.

Oh, there I go giving cookies to the troll again. And look, a whole box of its favorites, too: Troglodyte creams, chocolate chip-on-the-shoulder, snarkydoodles, hatemeal raisin...
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the troll is kinda bothersome but their usage of "xe" as a pronoun isn't incorrect

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still, invented vocabulary, when there's real vocabulary to be used and often preferred.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess they aren't going to take my advice.

the avatar is much improved, though, so there's that, at least
Ronald

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jabberjay wrote:
I have to wonder, do other religious entities exist somewhere in the Sinfest-verse? We've seen Buddha, so is Mara chillin' at Mara-Corp somewhere in China? Do they use superior ninja-bots

Since Tat has been "stabilizing" the Sinfestiverse for the past year or so, making it somewhat less random and more "grounded" (obviously, a subjective term, but still), we'll probably never know.

I'm quite willing to be proven wrong, of course. Smile

If Tat wanted to feature Islam, he could introduce an Houri character. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houri That wouldn't be much different from having Christian Angels as characters (Ezekiel and Ariel specifically declare their allegiance to God and to Jesus in more than one strip). I doubt that even the most intense fundamentalist Muslim fanatics are likely to care much about the depiction of Houris, just as the most intense fundamentalist Christian fanatics don't seem to care much about the depiction of Angels. AFAIK.

Or, better yet, he could introduce a Muslim Angel character, one that has...uh...well, okay, I'm not really sure how Angels in Islam differ from Angels in Christianity and I'm not, at the moment, interested enough to search for said information, but I'd think that there's some variation. Someone around here will probably blow me out of the water with their knowledge before the day's over. Wink

Or maybe an Old Testament Cherub with four faces and four wings that are covered with eyes, like in the Book of (ironically enough) Ezekiel. When E and A refer to themselves as "the Chummy Cherubs of Justice," they're not being strictly accurate; Angels and Cherubim aren't the same.
Jabberjay

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverythingsJake wrote:
Still, invented vocabulary, when there's real vocabulary to be used and often preferred.

All vocabulary is invented.

@Ron: Muslims believe in Djinn.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: