welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

August 7, 2014: Room
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Homeslice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:17 am    Post subject: August 7, 2014: Room Reply with quote

Prediction time:

Blue is lost in thought and sets off the alarm unknowingly.
Jabberjay

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graybeard

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:48 am    Post subject: Re: August 7, 2014: Room Reply with quote

Homeslice wrote:

Prediction time:

It would make dramatic sense, but given what all is happening at the moment, I think it's safe to predict that all of Blue's thoughts are Evil with a capital E.
EverythingsJake

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A pity that the flutterby bots aren't serving as watchdogs.
KillAllMen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a sweet comic. It shows that two womyn are capable of being good friends without the cartoonist or xir fanbase trying to pervert it by turning said friendship into some cishet scums' typical lesbian fantasy fodder.

A good comic!
KillAllMen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:32 am    Post subject: Re: August 7, 2014: Room Reply with quote

Graybeard wrote:
Homeslice wrote:

Prediction time:

It would make dramatic sense, but given what all is happening at the moment, I think it's safe to predict that all of Blue's thoughts are Evil with a capital E.

Yeah, I'm sure Blue isn't in the best of moods having things go completely sideways under her watch. Though I find it highly problematic that Tat takes Blue's ascension to power and runs it into the ground with a "womyn can't manage anything, look everything fell to part the minute a womyn was placed in a position of authority" angle.

Also I'm disturbed by the lack of representation of womyn of size in the Sisterhood. I guess Thin Privilege is being able to fight the patriarchy. Also there is yet to be any depiction of any handicapable womyn in the Sisterhood. Is the Sisterhood really that Abelist?

I'm sure Tat will address these egregious shortcomings soon if xe really cares about Feminism and equality.
Rune

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panel two, with 'Nique's hand just barely touching Lime's little finger, is one of the sweetest things ever.
Yinello

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Aww adorable! Ah, there is ze tweest~!"
Echo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

They are just *so* adorable. And yes, 'Nique's hand just barely touching Abby's little finger is unutterably sweet. And are those her worry beads on the bedside table, under the flutterby bot?

I'm hoping to that Blue comes in thinking compassionate thoughts and sets off the thought detector. That would be useful warning for 'Nique and Abby, and a good sign for the various escaping fembots.

Also, with the whole "Won't you stay with me" thing and the "Room" title, I somehow get the feeling that 'Nique's going to be there a while...
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.....god that's cute
Ennis

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First thought: TAT STOP STALLING

Second thought: What's Blue going to do if she finds Nique with Abby? Does she know about her sort of connection to the Sisterhood? If she does, will she think to try to exploit it to discover their headquarters?

Third thought: I am so sick of KAM. Not an entertaining troll at all. At least people like Rothide were sincere with their irritating comments, whereas this is just some kind of contrived act for who the hell knows what reason. If you want people to actually react go create a Tumblr and troll some otherkin, KAM. Or alternatively, spend your time doing something actually constructive, AKA almost anything but trolling. Go for a walk. Learn to paint. Read a book. Anything but this piss-poor "SJW" act on the forum for a mildly popular webcomic.
Echo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Second thought: What's Blue going to do if she finds Nique with Abby? Does she know about her sort of connection to the Sisterhood? If she does, will she think to try to exploit it to discover their headquarters?

I don't think Blue knows about 'Nique's loose affiliation with the Sisterhood, or even that 'Nique knows where their hideout is.

Last time Blue saw 'Nique in the Mansion, her immediate reaction was to kick 'Nique out and tell Abby that there were no "friends" here, while threatening to send her back tto the Hell Hole... but then later, she helped 'Nique escape Cerberus on her way out of the Mansion.

I think it depends whether Tat's done on the whole Blue-feeling-alone thing. If he is, then Blue might be actually positive and welcoming to 'Nique as an occasional friend. If not... I can see Blue getting back, hunting out Abby for some company, seeing Abby with 'Nique, deciding to leave them, and feeling more alone than ever.
Samsally

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really love the lighting in this one. It really brings home the 'next morning' feel.

They spent all night talking until they fell asleep... so cute, ugh. Sooooo cuuuute. don't look at me.
wobster109

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the flutterbots, one on each bedpost. Brings up a question though. How are they recharging?

I actually agree with KAM regarding the diversity of women. There are only two larger women that I can recall - the nurse (who was depicted as unattractive) and Nana (who is elderly). Every single devil girl has the same shape and body type, same as the fembots, same as 'Nique, Liberty, and Lilith.
EverythingsJake

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naturally all devil girls would be slim, shapely, and young. There are consequences for deviating from the standards of sexiness for the devil's employees:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: