welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

August 10: Customer 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samsally

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:58 am    Post subject: August 10: Customer 3 Reply with quote

Oh.

This one is so creepy. The combo of her waking up dressed as a little girl (ERRGH) and all the 'happy family' pictures is unsettling to say the least.
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah for real. my first thought when i saw this strip was "what the fuck"

gotta say, though, im loving that... magical girl scorpion tail transformation. hella sweet, yo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And thus, the fembotocaust begins.
Ennis

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason all I can think is that she pulls off the trench coat and hat far better than Mr Family.

I'm trying to figure out what happened up to when she walks off. Why didn't she walk off as soon as he got home and took her out of the box? Right now my only guess is that she thought the remote might actually work so she was planning to pretend to be a normal fembot until he finished with her and then escape later on (hence why she let him dress her in... whatever that is) but when she discovered the remote had no effect on her was just like "Oh. Welp, I'm leaving then." Then I think the rest is pretty self-explanatory.

Agreed that magical girl scorpion hair transformation is awesome.

*waits for someone to invent convoluted backstory for Mr Family that justifies his actions* *in b4 his wife is actually dead and he's lonely and wahh why do you hate men* *also in b4 KAM "yes explode all that white men love" you fuck off too*
Homeslice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ennis wrote:
For some reason all I can think is that she pulls off the trench coat and hat far better than Mr Family.

That was my first thought as well.
EverythingsJake

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fedora... trench coat... long dark tresses... channeling Carmen SanDiego? And yes, she pulls it off with style.

Better than the little girl pigtails and babydoll getup the buyer dressed her in. Creepy, that. Quite creepy. Creepier still, grabbing her by the hair to make her obey. He's lucky he got off with all his parts still intact and she only zapped the control box, considering its precise location when she zapped it.
Usagi Miyamoto

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:04 am    Post subject: where are the shadows coming from? Reply with quote

So much technical mastery on display. The last panel has lens flares and bokeh effects; you can see the limits to the depth of field. It's possible there's some starburst effect on what appears to be the setting sun... but if it is, there's something disconcerting about it...
Yinello

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GORGEOUS comic.

Loads of info here too. Mr Trenchcoat is rich and he either has a family or he lost his family and is alone. After all, we haven't seen them yet.

Loli outfit is indeed pretty creepy but not an unusual choice for le average creep.

Comic explains the whole hair thing as well which is great.

Killbot rocks the trenchcoat and hat like whoah - new fave character. I'm also glad to see the others got out.
Echo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so, yay for lots of agreement with the important points that struck me.

Escaping Weaponised Fembot #3 really rocks that hat/coat combo. Maybe not as much as Xanthe in the last panel here, but still, it's an awesome look that she chose. Way better than the incredibly creepy stuff that "John" dressed her in.

Also, yay for the self-plaiting laser-blasting hair. I love my hair, but frankly I'd trade mine in for hair that did that. Mostly for the self-plaiting but blasting things with lasers would also be cool.

And I'm glad that the attempt to control her by yanking her by the hair went so spectacularly wrong.

Oh, and I love the whole "John"-has/had-a-family thing. Points out that this horrific behaviour is coming from someone who's otherwise seemingly "just a normal guy", not some crazed nutcase.

One further point to add to Ennis' list of stuff for people to desperately invent around this so it fits into their own narrative is to note that yet again, we have a fembot/powerful female character defending herself, and walking away. This is not about a takeover. This is not about killing men, whatever they've done or are trying to do. It's just about escaping exploitation, rejecting attempts to control them, and being free.
Ennis

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Echo wrote:
One further point to add to Ennis' list of stuff for people to desperately invent around this so it fits into their own narrative is to note that yet again, we have a fembot/powerful female character defending herself, and walking away. This is not about a takeover. This is not about killing men, whatever they've done or are trying to do. It's just about escaping exploitation, rejecting attempts to control them, and being free.

Yeeeeppp. Certain people seemed to think that as soon as they escaped they'd go on a killing spree and start oppressing men or something (with zero evidence) but it's been pretty clear that they really just want to be free, and are pretty much doing it as nonviolently as possible.
astrocitizen

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A piss-stain on the front of his pants in panel 15 would not have been uncalled for.

Quote:
EverythingsJake said: "Better than the little girl pigtails and babydoll getup the buyer dressed her in. Creepy, that. Quite creepy"

Ugh. My first thought was it was some kind of mock-Victorian era underclothes look, now that's all I see.

Quote:
Yinello said: "Loads of info here too. Mr Trenchcoat is rich and he either has a family or he lost his family and is alone. After all, we haven't seen them yet"

Someone here's complained about him being given some kind of backstory, based on the presumption it would kind of excuse his behavior. I do wonder about the possibility of "John" here having a family. It would be like Sam and Liberty but with a kid thrown into the mix, for better or worse.

Also, how would he hide or explain a full-sized humanoid robot in the house? We don't see where fembots have a "Rosie the Robot" camouflage function on them. It's not like a dvd or a magazine that there's a thousand discreet hidey-holes in a house to put it away.

Quote:
Ennis said: "Certain people seemed to think that as soon as they escaped they'd go on a killing spree and start oppressing men or something (with zero evidence) but it's been pretty clear that they really just want to be free, and are pretty much doing it as nonviolently as possible"

I'm curious to see what would happen if a fembot woke up in the "clutches" of, say, a lonely old hermit, possibly physically disabled or disfigured, who genuinely wants some human companionship, not an automated f***-doll. What would her reaction be? What would our reaction be?

"I'm not one of those idiots who takes what he sees on TV or movies, and applies it in real life! These days, they're always the third or fourth guy to get killed..."
tamalthean

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

astrocitizen wrote:
It would be like Sam and Liberty but with a kid thrown into the mix, for better or worse.

I was thinking more like the Devil's mansion. Y'know, with Lilith and Lily. And how the Devil has all these devil girls working for him to fill his desire/need for companionship (maybe), but none of them have the same connection with him that Lilith did and are essentially playthings he uses to do his bidding.

Also, Lilith and Lily lived apart from the mansion. Perhaps we've got the same deal going on here with John Doe, which might explain why he's not overly concerned with hiding his purchase.

Hmm.
Ronald

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: August 10: Customer 3 Reply with quote

So, despite the pupil-less eyes, he's not a Devil Guy?

It's official, then. Tat just doesn't care.

Wink

Samsally wrote:
This one is so creepy. The combo of her waking up dressed as a little girl (ERRGH) and all the 'happy family' pictures is unsettling to say the least.

I must be dense, because the fact that he'd dressed her as a "little girl" didn't register on me at all. Upon reflection, I guess I can see it, but at a glance? No. I was like, "oh, he changed her clothes" (which, incidentally, implies that he was handling her inert nude body before the strip opened) and moved on to the next panel.

As for the photos, for all we know, he was recently divorced, he got the house and she got the kids. And that occurred to me before I read Ennis's post. I wondered if Tat was depicting him as a family man or trying to make us think he's a family man so he could reveal otherwise later.

In the Sinfestiverse, purchasing a Fembot is a neutral action; I mean, Slick purchased one (an action which ended up greatly complicating the strip so, really, thanks for nothin', Slick), and there's a tendency to think that he's an okay guy. I didn't read the strip automatically presuming that Not-a-Devil-Guy is a jerk (yes, pulling her back by the hair was a bad thing to do, I don't deny that), because when you presume, you make a pres of...no, wait, that doesn't...eh, skip it.
Samsally

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: August 10: Customer 3 Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:
I must be dense, because the fact that he'd dressed her as a "little girl" didn't register on me at all. Upon reflection, I guess I can see it, but at a glance? No. I was like, "oh, he changed her clothes" (which, incidentally, implies that he was handling her inert nude body before the strip opened) and moved on to the next panel.

My ERRGH encompassed my feelings towards both the little girl outfit as well as the fact that he was dressing her in her 'off' state, but I admit I could have probably been clearer on that front.

Ronald wrote:
In the Sinfestiverse, purchasing a Fembot is a neutral action...

No. It really, really isn't.
Ronald

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: August 10: Customer 3 Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
My ERRGH encompassed my feelings towards both the little girl outfit as well as the fact that he was dressing her in her 'off' state

Upon further reflection, she wasn't even "off," was she? She was already "on" when he purchased her, although I think that he's supposed to have not known that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: