welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

August 18, 2014: Bomf Gallery
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wobster109

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, the thing with the inkpot is gorgeous!
EverythingsJake

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, let's add small replicas of the statues to the Sinfest Fan Shop, along with the plush pitchfork. I think there's a strong market here.
ilikerunning

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: August 18, 2014: Bomf Gallery Reply with quote

EverythingsJake wrote:

An clues who this is? Someone we already know, or a new character about to be introduced? The shadowy portrait in the poster in the last panel doesn't strike a bell for me.

There was some graffiti underground, when Tange and Lily were going through Devil Tech headquarters.

Midnight Tea

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if everyone else has hypothesis, I get to give one!

It's Devil 'Nique. Possibly from the same mirror world that Sleaze is from, using her artistic intentions for her own ambitions. She's coming into power because of how close Monique herself came to joining the devil girl ranks and her general proximity to a few of them. Except possibly her dark side has eventually silently adopted the similar androgynous appearance she's had since her character shift.

(In fact, because of how I tend to notice the visuals before reading the text, I thought Vainglorious in the last panel was 'Nique.)
Kendra

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is that it is the demon version of Tat. The artworks pictured have a lot to do with art itself (the ink wells and pens), and most of the comics in the past that feature Tat's cartoonized character are centered on his passion for art. Also, the first piece we see is of a cat, perhaps it's Percy? On a sidenote, I think it's interesting how the piece in the third panel looks like a power struggle between the pen and the ink well, and how the pen is shaped like a question mark, as if asking why.
EverythingsJake

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: August 18, 2014: Bomf Gallery Reply with quote

ilikerunning wrote:

There was some graffiti underground, when Tange and Lily were going through Devil Tech headquarters.

Indeed, I recall the graffiti. And the soothsayer foretelling the coming of Vainglorious. But who precisely is this person, is the question?
stripeypants

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midnight Tea wrote:
Well if everyone else has hypothesis, I get to give one!

It's Devil 'Nique. Possibly from the same mirror world that Sleaze is from, using her artistic intentions for her own ambitions. She's coming into power because of how close Monique herself came to joining the devil girl ranks and her general proximity to a few of them. Except possibly her dark side has eventually silently adopted the similar androgynous appearance she's had since her character shift.

(In fact, because of how I tend to notice the visuals before reading the text, I thought Vainglorious in the last panel was 'Nique.)

I dig this idea, though I don't know how likely it is that Tat is going that route.

Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its the devil's dirty little secret, in the 7 deadly sins wasn't vainglory=pride=what caused lucifers fall

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little known amongst the general public, the Devil majored in Art.
EverythingsJake

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good heavens. The studio courses -- life drawing and such -- must have been... interesting.
EverythingsJake

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More musings through the archives:

Back when Baby Blue was a schoolgirl and had a crush on Kid Jesus, Young Devil had the hair-over-the-forehead styling, and bomfed a winged creature into existence, its pose vaguely resembling that of the winged pen attacking the ink bottle:

http://www.sinfest.net/view.php?date=2012-03-04

But Blue flunked, and the only person who came to console her was -- Young Devil.

http://www.sinfest.net/view.php?date=2012-08-05

So teen/young adult Blue goes to find a job, and ends up in the Hell Hole. Inspired by the "Do you have what it takes to make it to the Mansion?" she appears to vow to try. And Fuchsia comes in. Neither is a devil yet, they're just cocktail waitresses.

http://www.sinfest.net/view.php?date=2013-06-16

Neither were they devil girls when the Devil himself chose them for the Mansion, though he had his pick of devil girls:

http://www.sinfest.net/view.php?date=2014-03-16

That astonished look on his face -- because of what she's done for her friend, or because he recognizes her?

No idea if this is even relevant to the current storyline beyond background story for Blue. But there it is.

(What IS Blue, anyway, if she's of an age to have gone to Divinity School with Jesus but wasn't a devil girl?)
Nekomancer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wobster109 wrote:
Wow, the thing with the inkpot is gorgeous!

The phallic fountain-pen, in a ?-mark pose on the verge of raping the resisting vagina like inkwell is disturbing, erotic, and challenging. This art display IS intense!
Ronald

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverythingsJake wrote:
What IS Blue, anyway

A victim of ill-conceived retcons. IMHO.
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive been around enough internet fandoms that the word retcon makes me want to bash the user's skull in with a brick.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a toss-up between Devil-Tats and Devil-Nique. Simplistic styles often lend themselves to sameface amongst characters with similar-shaped heads, which can sometimes make discerning them difficult when they are not wearing their usual clothing.

I suppose it could also be Demon-Criminey, which would justify his size-shift in normal form. I just chocked it up to him maturing and developing as a character rather than being the nerd pastiche he was at the beginning. I assume that if Slick ever developed beyond being a combination of Calvin, Milo Bloom, and Steve Dallas and managed to have major character development he might also increase in height.

Monique and several other characters were tall regardless of their development because they needed to be "sexy" and chibis aren't typically regarded as sexy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: