welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's Your Tribe?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dogen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I. am. so. emo.

... then I took it again and got skater.
Samsally

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got goth with signs of emo, but I'm pretty sure its because I didn't really know what the hell they were talking about in most of the begining questions. They didn't have any options for "American Pop Punk sprinkled with some Disney soundtracks and Weird Al"

I'm pretty sure that alone means I have no tribe.
Halen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: to which the response is "what?" Reply with quote

Marik wrote:
From this day you demand that we call you Misstah Qwezz. And you'll be all over the ladies in the picture thread, all like "ah fink ya really outa orda a bova mekin up wit wot i hav 2 say, sit reund n' hav a pupper coventry toss"

hahahhaa!
Him

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I. Am. Not. Goth. Wrong, no! They forced me, "a silver crucifix"? You wouldn't find me dead wearing one. they made me.
Him

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indie scenester with strains of Nathan barley? Oh yeah.
thewaitersitsondown

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are very much not any answers on that quiz that apply to me.
I am even too indie for "indie kid." Arctic Monkeys? What the hell? They play them on BBC1! You are not indie when you've been played on BBC1.
Guccipiggy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah indie's just trendy right now. Sort of like emo was a few years ago.
thewaitersitsondown

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But... Indie... can't... be... by definition... AR.
Must find a new name for "stuff that isn't mainstream." But what?
Willem

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This test is amazingly shit. Besides the fact that it's broken for me, of course.
Samsally

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is it people have to be cool by not being into things that other people like? Its sort of like anti-conformism, which makes it pretty damn similar to conformism, doesn't it? I mean, "I can't like <insert> because they're too popular right now." just strikes me as... utterly retarded. Its like the same damn thing, only in the opposite direction.

To be truely unique and honest to god say 'fuck the masses' wouldn't you have to like things based on your own tastes, and not that of everybody elses?
trustedfaith

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
Why is it people have to be cool by not being into things that other people like? Its sort of like anti-conformism, which makes it pretty damn similar to conformism, doesn't it? I mean, "I can't like <insert> because they're too popular right now." just strikes me as... utterly retarded. Its like the same damn thing, only in the opposite direction.

To be truely unique and honest to god say 'fuck the masses' wouldn't you have to like things based on your own tastes, and not that of everybody elses?

How do you know that they don't like something that's mainstream because they just don't like it?
thewaitersitsondown

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see it as being cool. It's more like brown bread vs white bread. The more mainstream it is, the more processed it gets, and the less there actually is in it of value. Groups like the Arctic Monkeys are like the just plain brown bread. Technically not MAIN mainstream, but I like the stuff with like seeds and stuff in it.
Samsally

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trustedfaith wrote:
Samsally wrote:

How do you know that they don't like something that's mainstream because they just don't like it?

Gah, that isn't what I'm saying. Of course some people just don't like everything that is mainstream because it is downright -bad- in their opinions. That is perfectly understandable. I'm just talking about people that choose to dislike something because it is too popular.

thewaitersitsondown wrote:
I don't see it as being cool. It's more like brown bread vs white bread. The more mainstream it is, the more processed it gets, and the less there actually is in it of value. Groups like the Arctic Monkeys are like the just plain brown bread. Technically not MAIN mainstream, but I like the stuff with like seeds and stuff in it.

I wouldn't say that -everything- that gets popular is all as bland and uninteresting as you make it out to be... but I very likely have a different set of tastes than you do. I didn't mean to come off as attacking either, it just sparked my memory.
thewaitersitsondown

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough. And I know it seems like a bit of a sweeping generalisation, but by my own standards at least, literally everything mainstream is just too "processed" for my tastes. I've yet to find something remotely "pop" that I can really listen to and enjoy for any extended period of time. But as you say that's down to musical preference.
Snorri

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thewaitersitsondown wrote:

I just like all bread. As long as it's a lot.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: