welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's Your Tribe?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dogen



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 10609
Location: Bellingham, WA

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I. am. so. emo.

... then I took it again and got skater.
_________________
"Worse comes to worst, my people come first, but my tribe lives on every country on earth. Iíll do anything to protect them from hurt, the human race is what I serve." - Baba Brinkman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Samsally



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 6330

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got goth with signs of emo, but I'm pretty sure its because I didn't really know what the hell they were talking about in most of the begining questions. They didn't have any options for "American Pop Punk sprinkled with some Disney soundtracks and Weird Al"

I'm pretty sure that alone means I have no tribe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Halen



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 1883
Location: England

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: to which the response is "what?" Reply with quote

Marik wrote:
From this day you demand that we call you Misstah Qwezz. And you'll be all over the ladies in the picture thread, all like "ah fink ya really outa orda a bova mekin up wit wot i hav 2 say, sit reund n' hav a pupper coventry toss"


hahahhaa!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Him



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 4175
Location: On edge

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I. Am. Not. Goth. Wrong, no! They forced me, "a silver crucifix"? You wouldn't find me dead wearing one. they made me.
_________________
A cigarette is the perfect type of a perfect pleasure. It is exquisite, and it leaves one unsatisfied. What more can one want? ~Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Him



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 4175
Location: On edge

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indie scenester with strains of Nathan barley? Oh yeah.
_________________
A cigarette is the perfect type of a perfect pleasure. It is exquisite, and it leaves one unsatisfied. What more can one want? ~Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thewaitersitsondown



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 2673
Location: The walrus was Paul

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are very much not any answers on that quiz that apply to me.
I am even too indie for "indie kid." Arctic Monkeys? What the hell? They play them on BBC1! You are not indie when you've been played on BBC1.
_________________
TORTOISE RUGBY.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Guccipiggy



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 2003

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah indie's just trendy right now. Sort of like emo was a few years ago.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thewaitersitsondown



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 2673
Location: The walrus was Paul

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But... Indie... can't... be... by definition... AR.
Must find a new name for "stuff that isn't mainstream." But what?
_________________
TORTOISE RUGBY.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Willem



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 6306
Location: wasteland style

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This test is amazingly shit. Besides the fact that it's broken for me, of course.
_________________
attitude of a street punk, only cutting selected words out of context to get onself excuse to let one's dirty mouth loose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Samsally



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 6330

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is it people have to be cool by not being into things that other people like? Its sort of like anti-conformism, which makes it pretty damn similar to conformism, doesn't it? I mean, "I can't like <insert> because they're too popular right now." just strikes me as... utterly retarded. Its like the same damn thing, only in the opposite direction.

To be truely unique and honest to god say 'fuck the masses' wouldn't you have to like things based on your own tastes, and not that of everybody elses?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
trustedfaith



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 3365
Location: My own little world...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
Why is it people have to be cool by not being into things that other people like? Its sort of like anti-conformism, which makes it pretty damn similar to conformism, doesn't it? I mean, "I can't like <insert> because they're too popular right now." just strikes me as... utterly retarded. Its like the same damn thing, only in the opposite direction.

To be truely unique and honest to god say 'fuck the masses' wouldn't you have to like things based on your own tastes, and not that of everybody elses?


How do you know that they don't like something that's mainstream because they just don't like it?
_________________
I'm doing the twitter thing; you should stalk/follow me: http://twitter.com/sillygurlroo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
thewaitersitsondown



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 2673
Location: The walrus was Paul

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see it as being cool. It's more like brown bread vs white bread. The more mainstream it is, the more processed it gets, and the less there actually is in it of value. Groups like the Arctic Monkeys are like the just plain brown bread. Technically not MAIN mainstream, but I like the stuff with like seeds and stuff in it.
_________________
TORTOISE RUGBY.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Samsally



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 6330

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trustedfaith wrote:
Samsally wrote:
Why is it people have to be cool by not being into things that other people like? Its sort of like anti-conformism, which makes it pretty damn similar to conformism, doesn't it? I mean, "I can't like <insert> because they're too popular right now." just strikes me as... utterly retarded. Its like the same damn thing, only in the opposite direction.

To be truely unique and honest to god say 'fuck the masses' wouldn't you have to like things based on your own tastes, and not that of everybody elses?


How do you know that they don't like something that's mainstream because they just don't like it?


Gah, that isn't what I'm saying. Of course some people just don't like everything that is mainstream because it is downright -bad- in their opinions. That is perfectly understandable. I'm just talking about people that choose to dislike something because it is too popular.

thewaitersitsondown wrote:
I don't see it as being cool. It's more like brown bread vs white bread. The more mainstream it is, the more processed it gets, and the less there actually is in it of value. Groups like the Arctic Monkeys are like the just plain brown bread. Technically not MAIN mainstream, but I like the stuff with like seeds and stuff in it.


I wouldn't say that -everything- that gets popular is all as bland and uninteresting as you make it out to be... but I very likely have a different set of tastes than you do. I didn't mean to come off as attacking either, it just sparked my memory.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thewaitersitsondown



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 2673
Location: The walrus was Paul

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough. And I know it seems like a bit of a sweeping generalisation, but by my own standards at least, literally everything mainstream is just too "processed" for my tastes. I've yet to find something remotely "pop" that I can really listen to and enjoy for any extended period of time. But as you say that's down to musical preference.
_________________
TORTOISE RUGBY.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Snorri



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 10878
Location: hiding the decline.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thewaitersitsondown wrote:
I don't see it as being cool. It's more like brown bread vs white bread. The more mainstream it is, the more processed it gets, and the less there actually is in it of value. Groups like the Arctic Monkeys are like the just plain brown bread. Technically not MAIN mainstream, but I like the stuff with like seeds and stuff in it.


I just like all bread. As long as it's a lot.
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group