welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It's a dog eat dog world.
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dazedb42

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:21 am    Post subject: It's a dog eat dog world. Reply with quote

Poor puppy

Quote:
Man bites police dog
From correspondents in Ottawa
July 11, 2006
A MAN desperately trying to evade capture bit a Canadian police dog, triggering a debate on animal rights.

The man rammed a police truck with a stolen car and then tried to run away, Police Sergeant Brad Fraser said in Victoria, a city on Canada's Pacific coast.

The police dog, named Pago, gave chase and when he caught up with the suspect, an altercation ensued. The man kicked, punched and bit the dog, he said.

"It's quite a foolish thing to do because a dog will bite back and much harder," Sgt Fraser said. "In this case, it was tit for tat."

Both the suspect and the three-year old german shepherd suffered minor injuries, but neither "will miss any play time", he said.

The man would appear in court tomorrow to face several related charges, but will not be prosecuted for the assault on Pago, he said.

Legislation that prescribes harsher punishment for people convicted of assault on a law enforcement officer does not include police dogs, despite protests by their handlers, who are lobbying Ottawa to change the law.

In February, a huge funeral was held in Vancouver for a german shepherd named Nitro that fell beneath the wheels of a train while pursuing a suspected car thief.

"Some day we'll see him again, and I promise on that day, we'll play ball," his handler Howard Rutter told 700 mourners.

At least the dog was ok...sort of.

Should people who attack police dogs be charged with assault? I say yes.
Natashabi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if they attack the dog without provocation, that's bad and they should be charged with assault.

But if you had a snarling dog chasing you and about to attack, would you hesitate to defend yourself?

I've been bitten by dogs three times. I have no interest in increasing that number and if that means defending myself, I don't think I should be charged with assault.

(not that I do anything to provoke any dog, especially a police dog)
BlackBetty

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

biting a dog

come on.... i dont know too many non-hairy dogs. are you saying this "suspect" managed to bite through all the hair and then through its (tougher than ours) skin?

eeewww..... and what part of the dog did he bite? what part of its body hasnt potentially been rolled in something or licked.....

so this guy has decided that biting back is his best option..... that in itself is an interesting choice.....

he should definitely be charged with assault - but i guess he would get off on some sort of insanity plea
mouse

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think assaulting a police dog should be as much against the law as assaulting a police officer. i mean, it sort of _is_ a police officer, sort of. ordinary dogs are like the rest of us - they have to take their chances on what happens when the assault someone else.

and blackbetty - dogs have very soft tender munchable ears. i shall think that the suspect bit the dog's ear.
PsycoMonkey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and if you kill a police horse...you get charged with assaulting an officer if not charged with murder..and then probably animal cruelty too??
Feiticeira

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Natashabi wrote:
I think if they attack the dog without provocation, that's bad and they should be charged with assault.

But if you had a snarling dog chasing you and about to attack, would you hesitate to defend yourself?

I assume you'll be gunning down any police officers who pull their gun on you too? Good luck with that.
Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

speaking of the crazy antics of mankind:
Quote:
Man severs own penis, throws it at officers

March 17, 2006

BY ERIC HERMAN Staff Reporter

Before cops threw the book at him, Jakub Fik threw something unusual at them -- his penis.

Fik, 33, cut off his own penis during a Northwest Side rampage Wednesday morning. When confronted by police, Fik hurled several knives and his severed organ at the officers, police said. Officers stunned him with a Taser and took him into custody.

"We took him out without any serious injury, with the exception of his own," said Chicago Police Sgt. Edward Dolan of the 16th District.

Doctors at Northwestern Memorial Hospital reattached Fik's penis Wednesday, sources said. He was listed in good condition Thursday, according to hospital spokesman Andrew Buchanan, who declined to comment further.

i know it's kind of old, and it was also mentioned on one of carlos mencia's skits on his horrid show, but it's fucking ridiculous!
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just like resisting arrest and assault are different, I am sure there are varying levels and it would depend on what the person did to determine the charge. Besides, animals can be scarier than police so fighting back might be a tad more understandable.
Natashabi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feiticeira wrote:
Natashabi wrote:

I assume you'll be gunning down any police officers who pull their gun on you too? Good luck with that.

No. I don't like guns. I wouldn't ever have one.

Anyway, you can stop and the officer shouldn't shoot.

If you stop when the dog is attacking you, you're going to get hurt. I already said that if a person just attacks the dog without it attacking them, that is bad. I would not just lay there and let a dog bite the shit out of me without trying to do something to get it to stop.
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feiticeira wrote:
Natashabi wrote:

that's a completely different situation feit and you know it
Major Tom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he might be pointing out that police dogs generally don't walk a beat on their own a la Scooby Doo
trustedfaith

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Natashabi wrote:

I've been bitten by dogs three times. I have no interest in increasing that number and if that means defending myself, I don't think I should be charged with assault.

I know how to fix that. Don't run away from the cops, then you won't need to defend yourself against a police dog chasing you. Very Happy
mouse

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Natashabi wrote:
Feiticeira wrote:
Natashabi wrote:

No. I don't like guns. I wouldn't ever have one.

Anyway, you can stop and the officer shouldn't shoot.

If you stop when the dog is attacking you, you're going to get hurt. I already said that if a person just attacks the dog without it attacking them, that is bad. I would not just lay there and let a dog bite the shit out of me without trying to do something to get it to stop.

well, police dogs usually have handlers - so if you stop, the handler will stop the dog from attacking you.
Natashabi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trustedfaith wrote:
Natashabi wrote:

I know how to fix that. Don't run away from the cops, then you won't need to defend yourself against a police dog chasing you. Very Happy
mouse

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kitten wrote:
speaking of the crazy antics of mankind:
Quote:
Man severs own penis, throws it at officers

March 17, 2006

BY ERIC HERMAN Staff Reporter

Before cops threw the book at him, Jakub Fik threw something unusual at them -- his penis.

Fik, 33, cut off his own penis during a Northwest Side rampage Wednesday morning. When confronted by police, Fik hurled several knives and his severed organ at the officers, police said. Officers stunned him with a Taser and took him into custody.

"We took him out without any serious injury, with the exception of his own," said Chicago Police Sgt. Edward Dolan of the 16th District.

Doctors at Northwestern Memorial Hospital reattached Fik's penis Wednesday, sources said. He was listed in good condition Thursday, according to hospital spokesman Andrew Buchanan, who declined to comment further.

drat those doctors! put him right out of the running for a darwin award. and he would have been a natural...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: