Welcome to the Fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2014-Oct-20: Investigation 4
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Night Spade

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: 2014-Oct-20: Investigation 4 Reply with quote

I 'clean my own house' on a regular basis if you know what I mean.
Ronald

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and now he has pupils in his eyes. Tat's being inconsistent just to be inconsistent. Oh well.

He seems pretty blasé about being questioned by a pair of winged paperweights.

Okay, so the Drones (who somehow manage to have sarcastic expressions without having expressions) know that one of the Renegade Fembots ran off. Now what? Mr. Dissatisfied Customer doesn't know where she went.
Yinello

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They actually come to his house instead of him going back to the store. Surprised
Ennis

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinello wrote:
They actually come to his house instead of him going back to the store. Surprised

Do you think he would want to talk about the incident in person with a worker? He was probably about to ring customer service when the drones arrived. Or maybe he already did and they are customer service.
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ennis wrote:
Or maybe he already did and they are customer service.

They ain't Customer Service.

Anyhow, Ron has a point: We know that from here, the three former Weapons F went to the Fig Leaf for some clothing. But how would these investigator drones figure that out? Might be a major ass-pull coming up.
EverythingsJake

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather like filing a complaint with the police and an officer shows up at one's house to ask further questions, perhaps.

Though Mr. Dissatisfied Customer does have a family, apparently, from the photos that we saw. It could be rather... inconvenient... for the rest of the family to find out that he bought a fembot. Unless her really did sell his wife on "for housekeeping purposes" as a reason to buy one.

Or she has no problem with the other purposes, one never knows.
Echo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we not assuming that "John" is divorced or similar, what with the family photos plus bomfing habit and fembot purchase?
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its possible, yes. and i've at least considered it. can't speak on the behalf of anyone else, however.

but its so much creepier to think that hes still married, with children, still living with him... and still going on with this behavior. its not exactly uncommon or unheard of.
Onimaru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've weighed both sides of it, and it's usually pretty rare at least in my opinion that someone still has all their 'Happy Wedding' Photo's up post divorce.

So separated with him still holding on to idea she'll realize her 'mistake' and come crawling back is more likely if he still has photo's up.

The other option of course being that his wife has passed away and the child from the picture is now older and moved out, or is no longer in the home for other reasons, thus keeps the photo's of happier times.

However, considering the fact he's been to the Bomf District, and very much looking like he's trying to get away without being seen/recognized... I'm going to have to throw my chips in with the idea that Wife and Kid are still at home. Considering he bought Weapon F and brought her while he was home alone, also it looked like it wasn't exactly a pre-planned purchase, he may not have had to try to 'convince' his wife of the Fembot's 'intended role' yet/before she made her exit.

And as a Final Note..... If said Kid turns out to be a little girl with Pigtails I really hope he gets more than a slap coming to him in the future.
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the kid in the photos looks like a standard "normal little boy" but who knows. theyre not really detailed or focused enough to really know for sure. it'd be even CREEPIER if his kid really is a little girl with pigtails, though, holy shit
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MerchManDan wrote:
We know that from here, the three former Weapons F went to the Fig Leaf for some clothing. But how would these investigator drones figure that out? Might be a major ass-pull coming up.

Actually, I'm likely wrong about the ass-pull: We also know that Milton had been trying to regain control of at least one of the trio; it's probable that he was able to figure out where they are & that information would get relayed to the drones. If that's the case, then they can follow the trio to the Reality Zone as well.
mouse

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and then what? i'm guessing the drones won't fare too well in the reality zone...
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the $64,000 Question, mouse. I don't immediately recall any incident where the drones entered the RZ before, so we get to speculate. (Yay fun!) Since the androids have been there & continued to exist, I'd guess the drones would too. And since entering the RZ cuts off any attempts to control the droids, this might happen with the drones - or not, since they aren't humanoid & may still be controllable, just like drones in real life. There's no way to know for sure where Tat will take this.
mouse

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was thinking that, but the bots are modeled on real humans, and they seem to become human when they enter the RZ. the drones, though...not sure what they would turn into. they have bat wings, it would be pretty funny if they turn into bats, but that would be kind of a one-off.

one hopes they don't turn into predator drones...
Nekomancer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was struck by how impersonal/dehumanizing his language is about the fembot: "The thing was defective." "It attacked me."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: