welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rain rain go away..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dogen



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 10655
Location: Bellingham, WA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's nice today with a high of 63F/17C and very little wind in Bellingham. We might have some showers friday, but we're not expecting much... gonna be in the 60s most of the week.

I live in a good state.
_________________
"Worse comes to worst, my people come first, but my tribe lives on every country on earth. Iíll do anything to protect them from hurt, the human race is what I serve." - Baba Brinkman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mouse



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 17096
Location: under the bed

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cixelsyD wrote:
We dont get anyof those crazy weather shenanigans in Southern California, just good-ol blistering heat.


where on earth are you, that you can forget the el nino storms?
_________________
aka: neverscared!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
timmccloud



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 633
Location: Marshall, Wisconsin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I lived in southern california for 24 years - the song goes
"It never rains in California, but girl don't they warn ya, It pours, man it pours"

Rain Rain go away. Three days of Monsoon like downpours in Madison Wisconsin, with pea sized hail in sun prairie monday and lightning all night last night.

My cable modem showed that the upstream services were out this morning, they better be ok when I get off work, or I'm gonna be PISSED.

(and that's american pissed - upset, angry, not british pissed - drunk. Although, come to think of it, If I don't have internet at home I might just hit the booze... )

edit: get the quote right.
_________________
Wow. Tatsuya is god. Or the dragon...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
sporko



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 2890

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay thunder. i'm feeling lazy but i have so much work to do...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Desire



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 566
Location: AK

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supposed to be in the 80s today. :\


But back down to the 60s tomorrow so yay! Very Happy




I really need to just live somewhere where it is perpetually spring and fall. Maybe 2-3 weeks of summer and winter in between.
_________________
"Her kisses left something to be desired -- the rest of her. "
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Straha



Joined: 03 Oct 2006
Posts: 27

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here in west New York we ave alot of weather chenanigans so we get used to it. Well mosto f us. I plan on bailing As soon as possible.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
Dro



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 3851

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Straha wrote:
Here in west New York we ave alot of weather chenanigans so we get used to it. Well mosto f us. I plan on bailing As soon as possible.


And here we have a proverbial "missing link" of acronymization. Whereas these days we see the form ASAP, and in the ancient past the less evolved "as soon as possible" was the dominant form, the third sentence has an exciting hybrid, in that the first word "as" has started the process of acronymization by acquiring a capital, the essential change that allows the loss of the soon-to-be-vestigial "s".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MsFrisby



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 3966
Location: a quiet little corner of crazy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More <3 for Dro.
_________________
A person's character is their destiny.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
sporko



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 2890

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dro wrote:
Straha wrote:
Here in west New York we ave alot of weather chenanigans so we get used to it. Well mosto f us. I plan on bailing As soon as possible.


And here we have a proverbial "missing link" of acronymization. Whereas these days we see the form ASAP, and in the ancient past the less evolved "as soon as possible" was the dominant form, the third sentence has an exciting hybrid, in that the first word "as" has started the process of acronymization by acquiring a capital, the essential change that allows the loss of the soon-to-be-vestigial "s".


don't forget about the sad journey of the initial H out to pasture and the slow phasing of the word "of" from daily use ("lots of" turns to "lotsa", "most of" apparently is turning to "mosto" but is in its pivot phase at the moment).

ah, language...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
cixelsyD
Guest





PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
cixelsyD wrote:
We dont get anyof those crazy weather shenanigans in Southern California, just good-ol blistering heat.


where on earth are you, that you can forget the el nino storms?



San Bernadino, and though every once in a while the ground trys to rip itself in half or the sky falls on us we have relitivly stable weather.
Back to top
Dennis J. Squidbunny



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 3714
Location: AUSTRALIA YOU FAKIR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, asides from slight occasional bouts of hayfever, Spring is pretty sweet. We've got these things here called girls. And even though it's Spring, they wear these things they seem to call 'summer dresses'. It's pretty rad!
_________________
"Eight hundred pounds of nitro, his boots are thunder as he plays."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Azmoten



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 2210
Location: St. Louis

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote



IT'S RAININ SIDEWAYS.

Can we bring you anything?

SOUP.

What kind?

CHUNKY.
_________________
"Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life."
-Solid Jackson (From Jingo, by Terry Pratchett)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mouse



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 17096
Location: under the bed

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cixelsyD wrote:
mouse wrote:
cixelsyD wrote:
We dont get anyof those crazy weather shenanigans in Southern California, just good-ol blistering heat.


where on earth are you, that you can forget the el nino storms?



San Bernadino, and though every once in a while the ground trys to rip itself in half or the sky falls on us we have relitivly stable weather.


oh dear....the worst time in my life was when it looked like my father was going to take a job in san bernardino, and we would have to move there. of course, at that time it still had horrendous smog - they were averaging something like 3 or 4 days a week when the smog was so bad, the schools couldn't let kids exercise outside. hope that's improved, at least.
_________________
aka: neverscared!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cletusowns



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 496
Location: Oak Park

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally a seminice day, horray
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Sam



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 9481

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis J. Squidbunny wrote:
well, asides from slight occasional bouts of hayfever, Spring is pretty sweet. We've got these things here called girls. And even though it's Spring, they wear these things they seem to call 'summer dresses'. It's pretty rad!


DAMN YOU SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE PEOPLE

YOU CAN'T EVEN GET YOUR SEASONS STRAIGHT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group