welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Speaking a foreign language is now a suspicious activity?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rosie Bee

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Celaeno wrote:
I think we're missing the point. Even if he were speaking Arabic, he shouldn't have gotten stopped and forced to miss his flight.

*bang*

That's the sound of you hitting the nail firmly on the head Smile
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rosie Bee wrote:
Celaeno wrote:
I think we're missing the point. Even if he were speaking Arabic, he shouldn't have gotten stopped and forced to miss his flight.

*bang*

I think the real foolishness comes from the fact that they don't even need to be speaking another language, all they need to do is use code words and phrases. Let's say if I need to call for attack confirmation, maybe talking about my mother will be a yes or talking about my father will be a no. it's easy, ask anyone that's ever called anyone to buy drugs. "Yeah hey man you got that 'pizza'? Really? Cool. Yeah I could use a couple of slices. Alright I'll see you in a bit." Look, I just called about getting a 1/4. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
sporko

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:
Rosie Bee wrote:
Celaeno wrote:

*bang*

I think the real foolishness comes from the fact that they don't even need to be speaking another language, all they need to do is use code words and phrases.

true, but not really the direct reason for outrage.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sporko wrote:
Darqcyde wrote:
Rosie Bee wrote:
Celaeno wrote:

*bang*

I think the real foolishness comes from the fact that they don't even need to be speaking another language, all they need to do is use code words and phrases.

true, but not really the direct reason for outrage.

Agreed, but I was pointing how just how futile screening people on something such as language is. My point is that regardless of what language the person is speaking unless you know exactly what they are talking about it's a poor metric to use.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: