welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hey, looky what I find here!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Katrin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:47 am    Post subject: Hey, looky what I find here! Reply with quote

Remember that thread talking about that Austrian sex slave girl?

And do you remember what I said?

Quote:
I bet they're going to make millions off of the books, movies and television gigs.

And what people's responses were?

Thy Brilliance wrote:
Katrin wrote:
Wow, this is certainly strange.

I bet they're going to make millions off of the books, movies and television gigs.

Even if that had a remote chance of possibly happening, no amount of money will ever replace 8 years of lost life, let alone the anguish for the family.

Azmoten wrote:
Katrin wrote:
Wow, this is certainly strange.

Unlikely. And even if they do, as has already been stated, it's not recompense for the 8 years she spent locked in some psycho dudes garage.

Well, god damn, I was right about everything.

Perhaps my terrible, cruel, materialistic, superficial, cynical, whatever you-want-to-call-it views on the world are right after all...

Well, I won't rub it in any more then I already have, just thought this would would bring up a nice discussion on how bleak existence is or whatever.
Dogen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm.. congratulations on being right?

I take it that doesn't happen often?
Katrin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.

But that's not really why I posted this.
Dogen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your point was to point out the occasionally sad things people do to make money as a way of suggesting existence is bleak?

Well... thanks for that. My existence is still pretty damned excellent, though, so I'm afraid your point is lost on me. Wink
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katrin wrote:
Thank you.

Bullshit! You posted this thread to say "HA! TOLD YA SO!", but I don't think there is too much wrong with you doing so. I would have done the same thing, so for me to knock you would make me a hypocrite. My only beef is that if you're going to say 'I told you so' you should just say it and not beat around the bush.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dogen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for the record, beating around the bush is not an effective way to catch kittens who are hiding under said bush... it scares them under the car.
Katrin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:
Katrin wrote:
Thank you.

Bullshit! You posted this thread to say "HA! TOLD YA SO!", but I don't think there is too much wrong with you doing so. I would have done the same thing, so for me to knock you would make me a hypocrite. My only beef is that if you're going to say 'I told you so' you should just say it and not beat around the bush.

O-ho.

Well, for me, pleasure isn't much found in doing the whole "told ya so" online, I much rather enjoy it in real life where I can totally pester someone over it. (O God, actually feeling a person's emotions whilst standing next to them... Glorious.)

Still, I do find it elating when I "rub it in" a bit, even if it is online. But like I said, in the first post and this one, I'm not much interested in it at the moment.
Dro

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't read the whole article... did it mention the money making up for being locked up for 8 years, as your responders were saying?
Dogen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That seems like a silly question... who wouldn't trade 8 years as a terrified sex slave for some money? Silly emu.
Dro

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Dogen.... oh Dohhhhhhhhhggggen... I have a nickel in my pocket!
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dro wrote:
I didn't read the whole article... did it mention the money making up for being locked up for 8 years, as your responders were saying?

No, that'll come later with the drugs and alcohol and her diving headlong into various bacchanalian pursuits in a vain attempt to 're-capture' what she loss.

I for one thought the whole 'i told you so' aspect was countering the challenges about there being a movie, novel, mini-series, etc., not the lost childhood.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dro

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did too. But I thought it was somewhat funny that the responders were focused on money not helping, and just shrugging off her original idea as "unlikely" and now she comes back "Tah-dahhhhhhh! I was right!", when they have probably recovered from the big, giant argument they seemed to have had about whether she would sell any rights.
Xilonen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dro wrote:
Oh Dogen.... oh Dohhhhhhhhhggggen... I have a nickel in my pocket!

hey! knock that off, unless you intend to continue paying his half of the bills!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dogen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said terrified sex slave.

I ain't afraid of no emu:

(me grabbing an emu by the neck at a fair)
Xilonen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he sure does like to choke the... emu.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: