welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hey, looky what I find here!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PIKACHU ^_^

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PIKA PIKA PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII ^___________^;
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katrin wrote:
trustedfaith wrote:
OMG U R SO RIGHT!!!!11

ALL HAIL KATRIN!

If you wanted to talk about the story, you didn't need to come off like a schmuck to do so.

LAWL THX.

Now, at the moment, you all seem to be rather close-minded on this whole situation. How can you assume that she didn't actually enjoy that new life more then her old one? At the moment, she certainly has no desire to go back to it and she seems content to go out on her own. I'm not saying the money made up for anything, I never said it would, ever. I did say that she would make money and after reading this, it seems she's absolutely fine with that. She's had no cases of any sort of psychological disorders so far and they've had her in their custody for quite some time now, too. There were no hints of sexual abuse or whatever, so perhaps he did treat her well, perhaps he was just a disturbed man that wanted to care for a little girl as if she was his own real daughter, gently doting her and loving her, through a fatherly means.

And perhaps she grew to enjoy that more then the company of her parents.

We don't know.

But the reason I said "grew used" instead of "liked", was because I'm not sure if she really did. If she actually began to like him despite his crimes, that would be true Stockholm Syndrome, instead "growing used to" would be more like, tolerating something.

You all automatically assume that what happened to her must have been the most gruesome, terrible thing in the world. But honestly, there are worse things and millions of people manage to cope with it and live on, doing whatever they can to survive or whatever. They treat it as normal, just another part of their lives because while you cry about how she shall never know a normal childhood, the fact of the matter is, she doesn't know what one is, what does she know that she's missing?

Besides, you still assume that she even wants a normal life, how are we to know? We don't. So let me sum all this up into one easy-to-read sentece:

You can't imagine how she feels.

And now that I think about it, nor do you have the right to actually determine what would make her feel happier or better or whatever. Preach on about precious "memories" or "bonds" that she might've missed out or whatever, those are your views, not her's.

A. I'm not close-minded. You seem to assume that people that disagree with you are close-minded, I looked at your viewpoint, I reasoned with it, and with cold, hard, rational logic, I decided to disagree. This wasn't an emotional decision.

B. You don't know anything about the girl, don't begin hypocritical arguments.

C. Oh there's worse things than this alright, but I can guarantee that the girl's life is permanently screwed up. Nearly all psychological research on child development tells us that she's pretty screwed up, simply from the forceful separation from her parents. And people will prematurely judge her for the rest of her life for this. Kind of like what you're doing (in a different sort of vein of course). The psychologists are trying to hush up the matter so as to not further damage the girl with embarrassment and attention, and you go as far as to say that she's conceited and in want of grand riches. Of course the psychologists would cover up anything with a sexual connotation if the girl asked them to. What you don't seem to understand is that this is a once in a lifetime financial opportunity for a psychologist, and it is best that the girl can trust the psychologists not to reveal information about her, i.e. be her friends.

D. Sounds to me that you're bringing up your personal views on the matter.

E. Once again, you bring up this erroneous attitude that you are better than everyone else, and you wonder why people dislike you.
Katrin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance wrote:
A. I'm not close-minded. You seem to assume that people that disagree with you are close-minded, I looked at your viewpoint, I reasoned with it, and with cold, hard, rational logic, I decided to disagree. This wasn't an emotional decision.

B. You don't know anything about the girl, don't begin hypocritical arguments.

C. Oh there's worse things than this alright, but I can guarantee that the girl's life is permanently screwed up. Nearly all psychological research on child development tells us that she's pretty screwed up, simply from the forceful separation from her parents. And people will prematurely judge her for the rest of her life for this. Kind of like what you're doing (in a different sort of vein of course). The psychologists are trying to hush up the matter so as to not further damage the girl with embarrassment and attention, and you go as far as to say that she's conceited and in want of grand riches. Of course the psychologists would cover up anything with a sexual connotation if the girl asked them to. What you don't seem to understand is that this is a once in a lifetime financial opportunity for a psychologist, and it is best that the girl can trust the psychologists not to reveal information about her, i.e. be her friends.

D. Sounds to me that you're bringing up your personal views on the matter.

E. Once again, you bring up this erroneous attitude that you are better than everyone else, and you wonder why people dislike you.

Alright, just for my own personal ease, I'll use the same format as you.

A.You're close-minded because you automatically assumed that this girl's life was completely screwed, that her entire mental state was ruined or whatever. You thought that surely, no good whatsoever could ever come out of this.

B. I never said I knew anything about the girl. I tried my best to restrain myself from closing off any other sort of options or possibilities that may have surrounded her. So yeah, try reading.

C.Well actually for the third one, lemme put that in its own quote.

Quote:

1. That's exactly what I'm talking about, you're assuming and making these absolutist statements that no matter what, she's fucked up. So I'll repeat myself:

YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND HOW SHE FEELS.

Forgive the fact that is an absolutist statement in itself, but I really don't feel like putting an almost, or whatever in there.

2. I never said she was conceited or that she wanted grand riches. lrn 2 rd k thx bye

3. I don't know why you brought up the psychologists and psychiatrists, I never even once mentioned them, nor am I sure as to how they have anything to do with what I'm saying.

D. That is ridiculous. Do you honestly believe that you have absolutely no bias whatsoever?

E. I don't really wonder why people dislike me... I know exactly why, nor did I ever say I wondered why. And I wonder if you realize your own hypocrisy where in almost each statement, you found it necessary to try and put me down. SO YAH, LRN 2 RD.
Xilonen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shut the fuck up. my god. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dogen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you called? Very Happy
Dro

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hail!
Xilonen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

har har.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dogen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dro wrote:
Hail!

Wouldn't hail mess up the kiwis?
Dr. Awkward

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katrin: exaggeration is a sign of a poor argument. People said that her life is likely to be at least a little screwed up for quite a while. This is signifigantly different than "completely screwed." Rather than spending your time considering how you are going to phrase your response to opposing arguments, you may want to spend that time considering what the opposing arguments actually are, and what people mean by them.

Sam: don't make threads whenever you are right, you will end up spending much less time contributing to existing threads. However, I can see a certain amusement value in a "Sam was wrong" thread...

Anyways, I hope this girl turns out ok emotionally in the long run.
Major Tom

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Awkward wrote:

who, katrin? don't count on it.
Katrin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Major Tom wrote:
Dr. Awkward wrote:

who, katrin? don't count on it.

Naw, everyone wants to get on my emotional level.

It's fearsome.
Major Tom

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as
if
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: MY LOGIC BLAST HAD NO EFFECT?!?!?!? Also, in-joke. Reply with quote

Wow. And I was being nice too...

I cannot even begin to point out the many hypocrisies in what you just said.

I can assure you, my reading comprehension far surpasses yours.

In order to continue arguing this pointless argument in which I have already soundly beaten you and convince you without a doubt that I am completely right, I would have to reveal some information about myself that I would rather not reveal.

It's a pity you don't understand.
Katrin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: MY LOGIC BLAST HAD NO EFFECT?!?!?!? Also, in-joke. Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance wrote:
Wow. And I was being nice too...

I cannot even begin to point out the many hypocrisies in what you just said.

I can assure you, my reading comprehension far surpasses yours.

In order to continue arguing this pointless argument in which I have already soundly beaten you and convince you without a doubt that I am completely right, I would have to reveal some information about myself that I would rather not reveal.

It's a pity you don't understand.

O wow. God, you're so glorious, my eyes burn every time I look at you. There's some light breaking its way through your skin and shining your holy Eminence down to me! Good god, I feel BLESSED. Jesus Christ, how could I have not realized it before, you are the reincarnation of Jesus Christ! It's the only way! It's the only thing that could explain such perfection! Such grandeur, such genius! Lord be praised, I've been touched! O thank you, Lord, thank you oh so very much.

Seriously, get off your high-horse, you arrogant arse. Don't try to insult me when you have nothing to actually say.
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many things to contribute, so little time to be bothered with it.

Hope you enjoy your rightness, Katrin. It never lasts long.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: