welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"I NEED A BIGGER FORT"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep thinking that I can hide in my books or my social life or even my drinks but it never works. I feel bad that I am shutting out the world so that I can have some peace and quite inside my head and avoid my heart weeping. I don't think I am doing enough to help save the world.

Forts are needed but you can't hide in them forever.

And yay for non-sheltered children. Not that I have any experience in that but I like it when I see it.

It is also nice to hear from non-zealots.

squints

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crim should know that knowlege isn't enough you need to not only understand but to be to make a good choice in any situation.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crim should know that you make a fort with COUCH CUSHIONS, not books.
Xavyor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the furnature in the living room and enough blankets from the closet to cover them all and crawl through the holes between them.

I miss being a kid sometimes.
Xilonen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xavyor wrote:
All the furnature in the living room and enough blankets from the closet to cover them all and crawl through the holes between them.

my friends and i did this last summer... BEHOLD!

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MellowFish

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasairfiona wrote:
I don't think I am doing enough to help save the world.
It is also nice to hear from non-zealots.

Don't worry, there is nothing you can do to save it. I may not be a fanatic but I still believe the world is going to hell in a handbasket. So dont bother working to save the world, save the people instead. They will outlive the world, and some are going to hell without their handbaskets!
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelsOfConfusion wrote:

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

And MellowFish is a killjoy among killjoys and is now put into the idiot catagory. Your belief that the world is doomed does not excuse you from the responsibilty to make it a better place. The end of the world may be tomorrow but what if it isn't? Take your sign and go elsewhere.

MellowFish

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasairfiona wrote:
Your belief that the world is doomed does not excuse you from the responsibilty to make it a better place. The end of the world may be tomorrow but what if it isn't? Take your sign and go elsewhere.

Lasairfiona, you have completely missed the point of my post. I was being a bit sardonic, but my point was still valid: **save** the people. I am not saying the world cannot or should not be improved, but you do this through personal involvement in people's lives, not by joining the green party or giving change to bums on the street. I, for my own part, volunteer for habitat for humanity and make a point of daily showing people through my actions that not all christians are self righteous bigots, which makes people more likely to listen to them in general. And that, in my view, is the biggest benefit to society I can contribute.
Xavyor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xilonen wrote:
Xavyor wrote:

my friends and i did this last summer... BEHOLD!

I'm going to need more furnature and blankets

and to clean up all my clean clothes that have been piling up for 3 weeks now since I'm too lazy to take them upstairs after folding them.
Atlantean Relic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasairfiona wrote:
WheelsOfConfusion wrote:

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

And MellowFish is a killjoy among killjoys and is now put into the idiot catagory. Your belief that the world is doomed does not excuse you from the responsibilty to make it a better place. The end of the world may be tomorrow but what if it isn't? Take your sign and go elsewhere.

In the end if we hope to save the world it would benefit us to reduce our consumption. But most people in the first world will never lessen their way of life to help others. So in the end which is soon IMHO. We will have war, famine, plague and death. The U.S. is showing that it will not consider changing its lifestyle and it is a warring we will go. In two years if not much less we will be bombing Iran. Our Walmarts, SUVs, and Power are more important too us than our Freedom, Children, and Souls.
Semtext

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is this guy from germany, that helped protestantism on its way up to some sort of feet, a monk called martin luther (not king). and he said:

"Wenn morgen die Welt untergehen würde, würde ich heute noch ein Apfelbäumchen pflanzen."

translate:

"if tomorrow was armageddon, i would still plant an apple tree today."

and i guess that's what it's all about. not forts, not end of the world. just plant an apple tree from time to time, kids Wink (regarding the fact it could be armageddon tomorrow)
MellowFish

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Semtext wrote:
"Wenn morgen die Welt untergehen würde, würde ich heute noch ein Apfelbäumchen pflanzen."

translate:

"if tomorrow was armageddon, i would still plant an apple tree today."

well said, well quoted.
Dro

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say it was time to eat the apple.
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um.. people, let's not berate MellowFish before we know him, kay?
The Victim Here

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
i think crim's point is that he wants a safer place to hide - certainly an understandable reaction when one is surrounded by insanity.
And if you are the source of the insanity surrounding yourself, where do you hide?

THE MOOOOOOOOOOOON?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: