Sinfest Forum Index Sinfest
welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Buddha signal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Willem

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MellowFish wrote:
Willem wrote:
MellowFish wrote:
donut3point5 wrote:
Wait, that sign in the sky is Hinduism, not Buddhism... o.O
And also supposedly nirvana is freeing the mind, so a nirvana blast would turn them into a mindless zombie Very Happy
--donut3.5--

I've been hit! I'm becoming ... a ... democrat.

You're going to be popular, here.

Not my goal, and a moot point at that: I cite the now 15 pages of posts under 'Churchbot Tranform' that were largely telling me I am an idiot for being an intollerant fundie bigot. At least no one has asked me to stop posting, which means you all have more open minds than your posts would lead me to believe.

I mostly stay out of religious threads.
MellowFish

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funkentelechy wrote:
MellowFish wrote:
I've been hit! I'm becoming ... a ... democrat.

How are you a fan of Sinfest and Boondocks?

Humor is humor. I can laugh at anti-republican/anti-christian humor just as much as I can laugh at democrats.
MellowFish

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willem wrote:
I mostly stay out of religious threads.

Good idea. Although I am planning on starting a proof of God thread in the near future. Since I am not good at logic apparently, I will be relying heavily on the works of CS Lewis and otehr christian philosophers. Watch for it, and I hope to be able to convince at least one.
memefarmer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nirvana Blast sounds better if your pronounce it correctly too, which I think is where Tat was coming from.

It's pronounced "Ni-Bon-na", so it's "Ni-Bon-na Blast!" ...has a nice ring to it Smile
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MellowFish wrote:
Although I am planning on starting a proof of God thread in the near future.

Please God no!!! Been there, done that, made fun of it. Fortunetaly, it wasn't on our board. If you do start a thread like that, we will ask you to stop posting.

And I'll hunt you down and kill you.

MellowFish

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasairfiona wrote:
MellowFish wrote:
Although I am planning on starting a proof of God thread in the near future.

Please God no!!! Been there, done that, made fun of it. Fortunetaly, it wasn't on our board. If you do start a thread like that, we will ask you to stop posting.

And I'll hunt you down and kill you.

While I do not fear you, you do make me second guess the idea. But since I am going off someone else's argument, it's likely I wouldn't be able to save it if someone broke his logic, and thus the thread would die anyway. So we will see.
Funkentelechy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to mention we could just look up any of the information you're going to be posting, assuming we haven't already and care to do so.
jeep

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feiticeira wrote:

Being a democrat doesn't necessarily mean people aren't going to think you're an idiot. Look at jeep.

Dude Feit, for the last time, don't call me a democrat! (Could be worse of course, coulda called me a republican...)

And Feit, failing to conscribe to the "I'm just going to worship Feit" club does not make me an idiot, just unpopular with you and your groupies, which remarkably enough, doesn't bother me in the least. And as far as that goes, that's all you have for saying i'm an idiot.

I'd rather be unpopular than worship at your feit.
Secret

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mellowfish, I know that I at least wish that you would stop posting.

Also, all proofs of God have inherent logical flaws, and most only even attempt to prove a Creator, and then are interpreted to support whatever narrow-minded religious view you have.

Also, contrary to popular belief, we're not supposed to be tolerant of intolerance. Rolling Eyes

(Sidenote: jeep, that pun HURT.)
MellowFish

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Secret wrote:
Mellowfish, I know that I at least wish that you would stop posting.

Also, all proofs of God have inherent logical flaws, and most only even attempt to prove a Creator, and then are interpreted to support whatever narrow-minded religious view you have.

Also, contrary to popular belief, we're not supposed to be tolerant of intolerance. Rolling Eyes

(Sidenote: jeep, that pun HURT.)
I'll review the steps, but I am pretty sure that this one logically proceeds to a christian or near christian diety. It was, after all written by a former athiest as the step he took on his way to admitting the exsistence of god to himself.

I am not intollerant, just arrogant about my beliefs becuase of faith.

And I have to admit that pun was good. but I am a sad sick person when it comes to my love of puns.
Secret

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And all the "true believer" stuff was... Confused
MellowFish

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Secret wrote:
And all the "true believer" stuff was... Confused

As I said in that now 16 page thread at least once: Judgemental is not intollerant if you do not act on it.
Secret

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Do I hear an icicle cracking in Hell? Reply with quote

No, totally not.

MellowFish

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Do I hear an icicle cracking in Hell? Reply with quote

Secret wrote:
No, totally not.

I have been described by multiple athiests freinds as the most tolerant person they have met. I strive not to let my intellectual ideas affect my treatment of people. but I see nothing wrong with voicing my opinion that they are wrong. Especially if they ask for my opinion
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why bother if you won't ever listen, or even check, out our opinions? Your faith is combatable with science. Your judgemental attitude is why many of us avoid church. Your definition of believer avoids the fact that you can, by your own book, be "saved" and yet still live in "sin."

You have not been acting like a christian and yet you wonder why we condemn you and your beliefs.

As far as your logic goes:
"I think, therefore I am a mustache."

Get over yourself. Your faith is enhanced, not destroyed, by knowledge.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: