welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Buddha signal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Semtext

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anybody been talking to that hypochristian guy about agnosticism?

well, that's my point in that debate.

until no one proves to me (ME!!!) that god exists, in a way, that i can...well...take for real...he doesn't exist. same with the horned guy. and if one like the fish believes in it...well...way to go.

the problem is, that those agressive christs want to make everyone else bleieve what they beleieve in, and that is just...crap. why try to talk (write) people into something they don't accept/believe in/want to be true at all?
Secret

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MellowFish wrote:

I am such a bad christian: I see your avatar and a bubble of hate comes to the front.

Okay, you totally forced my hand.
Major Tom

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Secret wrote:
MellowFish wrote:

I am such a bad christian: I see your avatar and a bubble of hate comes to the front.

another victim of masturbatory satire
Twister87

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Secret wrote:

Oh so true. I'd follow suit but where would we be without the Minister for Silly Walks?
Yarko

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Although I am planning on starting a proof of God thread in the near future. Since I am not good at logic apparently, I will be relying heavily on the works of CS Lewis and otehr christian philosophers. Watch for it, and I hope to be able to convince at least one.

Laugh out loud.

Moron.

Those "philosophers"' positions have been destroyed. All they have is a whole mess of assumptions. The only people you are going to convince with that are those who already also want to maintain those same assumptions.

You worship a god who killed all the first born children of Egypt after he FORCED pharoah to disobey him. You, sir, and anyone else who respects the bible god are idiots.

I really suggest you leave that religion behind and find something worthwhile to chase, like sensibility, truth, reality...
Inept Villain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MellowFish wrote:

I accept that god kills people to serve his purpose, I would not kill anyone to serve mine, because that would be to put myself in god's place.

I can't believe you just admitted to "condoning" the amoral, bloodthirsty acts of a vengeful God. I am at a loss as to how to proceed with a reply. I guess i'll just leave it alone for now.

MellowFish wrote:

God appears to be a gentleman at first glance: He gives us all the time we need to accept him, until we have made a descision, through action or inaction not to. Then it is only by his mercy that we exist in his once perfect creation called earth. When it will help the people who have or are going to accpt him, he removes us from this planet and leaves us in hell, a place where he is absent as we have so foolishly wantd to believe.

A gentleman doesn't ship off unbabtized babies to a realm of perpetual nothingness. A gentleman holds his pinky out when he sips tea. A gentleman shuns violence, and shrugs off even the most venomous of insults without retaliation. God does none of these things. I am of the opinion that God is a dick. When I refer to God, I am analyzing the character. Not necessarily in the Sinfest comic, but the general personification of God in the bible.
If God expects me to be his obedient puppet, then he may as well have not made me at all. According to your interpretation of God's plan for me, my existence is pointless. With or without him. Your logic is somewhat nonsensical since there seems to be no purpose for me to even be LIVING a life if God already has one all set up for me... and your theology is immensely depressing in addition to that.

The fact of the matter is this: If I believe in God just so I can get into heaven, then is that not the very essence of cowardice? Have I not given up my decency and self-respect in exchange for the assured safety of my own pathetic hide? God, and you for that matter, offer me no choice at all. I think I would rather go to hell then cater to the whims of some almighty bully who is so intensely self-absorbed that he imposes all of his infinite cosmic power towards making me do what he says, or he'll beat my soul up and take my lunch money. For all eternity.
I know don't about you... but God feels pretty darn absent from earth. I haven't seen any evidence of his presence. I think I could handle not having the big baby around in the afterlife too. Assuming such a rose colored concept wasn't retarded to begin with.
If God were TRULY benign, he wouldn't be hateful enough to cause such vast amounts of misery purely for the gratification of his ego. Your dark god is not exactly my first choice for a role model.

MellowFish wrote:

Nothing you do is turly good unless it fall in line with his will. Even as a christian, if I volunteer to make myself ffel like I am having an impact, it is wasted and of no value. It is only when I do work for his glory that I can call an action good.

That too, is incredibly depressing. What matters to me is what I do now. At this moment. This is real, and as long as I am alive I give my own life meaning. If that meaning ends when I die, well, then i'm not around to care anymore am I? I try to be a good, reasonably honest person and live a pleasant life conductive with the life lessons i've had beat into me over the years. When this life ends, I don't expect any pearly gates to open up for me into a grand, super fun game time show paradise. I expect oblivion. I take more comfort in the void then I do the idea of a vain, bastardized God who wants everything his way just because he's bigger than me.
Twister87

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much <3 to you Inept Villain. You're not as inept as you make yourself out to be!

Last edited by Twister87 on Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Marik

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject: he is free of desire, like, desire to evangelize Reply with quote

Quote:
That too, is incredibly depressing.

No, it's inspiring. At long last, we've found the Anti-Kantian Überboy.
kame

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hrmm... drugs, drugs, are the laws we have against them religiously inspired... let's see!

Skeptics Annotated Bible wrote:

Is it okay to smoke marijuana?

And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. -- Genesis 1:29

God gave us every plant for food. What about Canabis sativa? Is it okay to eat (or smoke) that plant? How about the opium poppy (Papaver somniferum), coca plant (Erythroxylum coca), or the peyote cactus (Lophophora williamsii)? Did God give us these plants to eat too? It would seem that he did, since there are no exceptions given in Genesis 1:29.

Muahahhaa, he said herb!
Amon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MellowFish wrote:
Funkentelechy wrote:
MellowFish wrote:
I've been hit! I'm becoming ... a ... democrat.

How are you a fan of Sinfest and Boondocks?

I'm an idiot.

The farce is strong with this one. >:l
Snorri

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kame wrote:
Hrmm... drugs, drugs, are the laws we have against them religiously inspired... let's see!

Skeptics Annotated Bible wrote:

Is it okay to smoke marijuana?

And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. -- Genesis 1:29

God gave us every plant for food. What about Canabis sativa? Is it okay to eat (or smoke) that plant? How about the opium poppy (Papaver somniferum), coca plant (Erythroxylum coca), or the peyote cactus (Lophophora williamsii)? Did God give us these plants to eat too? It would seem that he did, since there are no exceptions given in Genesis 1:29.

Muahahhaa, he said herb!

"OH MY. I accidentally put marijuana all over the place!"

kame

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude must've been rocking the ganga at the time Wink
Snorri

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Razz

Twister87

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, working along that line, and taking reference from MellowFish's previous posts claiming that "smoking [tobacco] is a desecration of the lord's temple" deriving that from the first testament, it could be said that the biblical God contradicted himself: eating(smoking) ALL herbs that God's given us, yeah that's alright, but hey, don't smoke that one, it'll desecrate my temple and kill you! - oh whoops, here comes that puff of logic vanishing act...

Hey, Sojobo was right!
MellowFish

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twister87 wrote:
Heh, working along that line, and taking reference from MellowFish's previous posts claiming that "smoking [tobacco] is a desecration of the lord's temple" deriving that from the first testament, it could be said that the biblical God contradicted himself: eating(smoking) ALL herbs that God's given us, yeah that's alright, but hey, don't smoke that one, it'll desecrate my temple and kill you! - oh whoops, here comes that puff of logic vanishing act...

Hey, Sojobo was right!

First of all, PLEASE make a distinction in your mind between eating (digestion) and smoking something. Secondly, I never said tobbacco was bad for you, and it's not: in the same way alcohol isn't bad for you unless you use it too much. Smoking is bad for you, even in moderation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: