welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where has the cast gone?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lurker69

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject: Where has the cast gone? Reply with quote

I like the new design but there are 2 problems:
the HTML code sucks (no valid XHTML code or whatever standard), the pages look faulty at many places (e.g. musework & contacts look wrongly broken to a second line of navigation links) but worst:
you had a wonderful description of the cast, of all important persons.
Where has it gone?
Not everyone is a long-time reader of sinfest and the description were funny and so on spot for each of your fancy crew.
Will it return?
Anyone else missing it, please answer here so that Tatsuya sees we are serious.

Lurker "Newbie" 69
timmccloud

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had posted the same thing elsewhere, but I'm glad you made it into a thread. And here's hoping that lil' evil rates a full cast spot!
bur

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The site was created with Frontpage, so you cannot expect anything that halfway resembles sane HTML. I guess Tatsuya doesn't have the time to rebuild the site with another program, but Frontpage probably really was the worst choice possible. Anyway, as long as the cartoons are good and my browser is able to show em I'm fine. Smile

BTW, I think it's really worth the time to get some HTML/CSS knowledge and then write the code by hand. You'll get very clean code that does exactly what you want, mostly is quite fast (when you make use of CSS instead of the dreary <table>s) and once you're used to it you get what you want faster than with a wysiwyg-editor.
andrew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bur wrote:
BTW, I think it's really worth the time to get some HTML/CSS knowledge and then write the code by hand. You'll get very clean code that does exactly what you want, mostly is quite fast (when you make use of CSS instead of the dreary <table>s) and once you're used to it you get what you want faster than with a wysiwyg-editor.

Meh - yes and no. There are a lot of things that utilities like Dreamweaver do that aren't any better than hand coding, but certainly faster.

For example: I could hand code a javascript rollover menu, but Dreamweaver does it more or less the same way I would, and does it in half the time.

We have fire, why eat the meat raw? Smile
Mizike

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andrew wrote:
We have fire, why eat the meat raw?

That right there is a beautiful line.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: