welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, and you know what? they were the ones who left in the first place.
mouse

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: questions Reply with quote

rm wrote:
mouse wrote:

Quote:
is it selfish to consider yourself the most important person in the world...
at least until you have a kid by accident?
depends on the context - no, actually, one should never consider oneself the most important, but sometime you have to act like it.

why should you act it if it isn't felt to be true? are you describing a form of humanitarian selflessness? or a way to get ahead in the business world? is someone else looking out for you the way you are looking out for someone else? is that an optimal situation, something you think about or wish for? who is the person most available to you and for whom you are most responsible for if not yourself?

i was thinking of an incident, being with someone in a hospital - if you don't convince the staff that that person is the most important person in the world (or it may be you, that needs the care) - well, sometimes you just cease to exist. i don't think you have to be the most important person in the world just to continue to exist.
rm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Re: questions Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
i don't think you have to be the most important person in the world just to continue to exist.

no, you shouldn't.
mouse

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you shouldn't, but sometimes people ignore you if they think you aren't.

well, i guess they wouldn't say they ignored you - they just wouldn't "prioritize" you.
rm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe they "prioritize" you because you're nagging them incessently, or because eventually they have to do their job, which is to try and help everyone who needs it.
mouse

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sometimes that's the case. unfortunately, not always.

but i can see where "thinking you are the most important person in the world" and "nagging incessently" can be equivalent.

actually, i usually think people who act like they are the most important person in the world are a pain - such as one who nags.
rm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is a big difference between acting like you are something and being it. to be the most important person in the world is a completely natural thing, since the world is entirely subject to your perception of it. the world, to you, does not exist without you.
mouse

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, this is very true. but i try not to rub it in to the rest of you.
rm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why do I feel for the feelings of others when others don't feel the same and there is so much to be blamed for, so much to be called out on when we don't bother to bother and we can't see eye to eye, shouldn't we at least mince words over meatless topics? is that better than nothing, is it not silence? shouldn't we stake our claim, stamp our name and take the time to change our minds? there is so much and so little of it's mine, there is so far between you and I, why can't we educate our hearts before our thoughts? I am sure we don't know, these dubious facts situate us in the past and future but where are we now? I am sure we don't know, I am sure we won't follow unless it's hidden or gift wrapped. I am sure I don't want it now, don't need the ends if these are the means, you and I have so much between us, shouldn't we at least be honest?
Uncle Benny

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rm wrote:
why do I feel for the feelings of others when others don't feel the same and there is so much to be blamed for, so much to be called out on when we don't bother to bother and we can't see eye to eye, shouldn't we at least mince words over meatless topics?

I for one is a through believer that childish disregard for other's feelings is the easiest way into a trainwreck of emotions. I prefer to not extend feelers out to others for fear that our small moment of connection would create a life time's worth of inedible goodies, goodies such and love, and hate, and fear, and delight, and rock sausages. I hate rock sausages.

rm wrote:
is that better than nothing, is it not silence?

as long as you can hear, it's never silent, just... noisy.

rm wrote:
shouldn't we stake our claim, stamp our name and take the time to change our minds?

you have proposed a good proposition, I shall now change my stance on forest fires. they are good.

rm wrote:
there is so much and so little of it's mine, there is so far between you and I, why can't we educate our hearts before our thoughts?

there's a class for that?

rm wrote:
I am sure we don't know, these dubious facts situate us in the past and future but where are we now?

here. is that enough?

rm wrote:
I am sure we don't know, I am sure we won't follow unless it's hidden or gift wrapped. I am sure I don't want it now, don't need the ends if these are the means, you and I have so much between us, shouldn't we at least be honest?

I love you too.
rm

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Benny wrote:

rm wrote:
there is so much and so little of it's mine, there is so far between you and I, why can't we educate our hearts before our thoughts?

there's a class for that?

only in the university of life, but the tuition is exorbinant.
Uncle Benny

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you think I can sit in for something like that?
Major Tom

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hear they need voluteers for the lab days
rm

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

biology lab is always fun.
Twister87

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chemistry's where it's at!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: