welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Mixed Bag
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1108, 1109, 1110 ... 1134, 1135, 1136  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eureka00

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
I hear ya. Cardio is the woooorst. Good luck!

Yeah, I usually broke up running on the track at the Y with the weight machine circuit they had set up. I like doing weight stuff at least. As far as cardio goes, I must run around the indoor track. Running in circles feels better than doing a stair machine/treadmill and literally going nowhere. Razz
mouse

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is not really horrible enough to be a horror, and i understand they are trying to be prepared and all - but anyway, i just got this email:
Quote:
SUBJECT: Health Sciences Active Shooter Part 2 - Role Playing Scenarios: Monday, August 19, 2013 or Wednesday, August 28, 2013

The Office of the Vice Chancellor for Health Sciences is offering Active Shooter Safety Training Part 2- Role Playing Scenarios. UC San Diego Campus Police Department will lead the training that includes a review of ALICE (Alert, Lockdown, Inform, Counter, Evacuate) and participants will perform hands on role playing scenarios for active shooter situations.

This training is intended for Health Sciences campus employees and is especially recommended for managers, supervisors, and front-line staff.

also, my initial reaction to "active shooter" and "role playing" was like 180 degrees off, which is probably due entirely to you people.
Yinello

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear sir on the telephone,

You're a very nice man and it's a shame that I'm a person who really doesn't give a crap about your personal life on the phone. It's not that I'm so busy but I just don't care. I hope I could've masked it enough so that you don't feel bad when I had to cut you off. Because I do respect you, but I don't want to waste our time.

Sincerely, a secretary.
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting pretty close to forty hours a week, which means I ain't got much time for trying to find work (since this job ends in a month and a half).

I just want a job that doesn't land me in a town with a lower population than elevation. Is that so much to ask?
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm 3 months over due for my annual evaluation. I finally sent my boss an email that says it has to happen today.

I really don't know why I am bothering though, the max raise you can get is 1.5%. I doubt that will break the bank.

However, that being said, I am going to try for a competitive raise discussion. I am told by my boss that I am her "go to" person, read: bitch, and that I know more about this job than anyone else here. I also found out that the two people that sit on either side of me started at a higher rate than I am making 6 years into the job.

I've also got some examples of the work load distribution to bring up with her. Little things that add up. For example, we were given items to cross reference usage over the past year, total volume, rooms used, etc. Everyone was given 5 items, except me, my list is 50.

May also be a trip to HR after this too.
Yinello

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You go Ded! I wish I could say I have enough experience to tell if my workload is alright, but for now I will deal with it.
Dogen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope it works! At my last job they adjusted the pay scales about four years after I was hired so I went from making the middle salary to the very bottom... My pay didn't change but it's amazingly discouraging when you're training someone who makes just as much as you do who has no experience.
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been stewing for a while. When they cut my schooling reimbursement this semester because of a bogus write up the pressure was at a peak.

It was honestly that list with 10x more for me that finally set it over. It seems petty in a way, but nothing is going to change if I don't try.

I while ago they were offering a lead position with a pay increase along with increased responsibilities. That's faded away, the tasks were basically given to me and I got no increase in compensation.
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...aaaand she has to leave early and postponed it.
mouse

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

give her one more chance and then go straight to HR. and good luck!

i've got a review coming in a month - and i just found out that my job category is disappearing (they are taking 2 job categories and turning them into, literally, 17 - none of which really cover what i do). this is supposed to happen in september, except absolutely no one seems to know about it - i didn't know until someone else told me, my supervisor didn't know. and i was searching for other job categories that might cover what i do, and they are still listing new job openings in my category. so i don't know what the deal is, or where this is going to leave me.
Dogen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you as much of an institution there as you are here?
Dogen

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+ Got a new tattoo on my arm
+ Free
- I can't wear tight clothes for several days... But how will I dress sexy for school?!
stripeypants

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wear a corset top! No sleeves, and they hook in the front.

sporko

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
+ Got a new tattoo on my arm
+ Free
- I can't wear tight clothes for several days... But how will I dress sexy for school?!

pics!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I'm a cabbie now. It's pretty weird all around, but not how I thought. The good days are $200-300 for 12 hrs. . . the bad days are $70, and both occur with no consistency. IT's definitely not dull.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1108, 1109, 1110 ... 1134, 1135, 1136  Next
Page 1109 of 1136

Jump to: