welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Mixed Bag
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1109, 1110, 1111 ... 1131, 1132, 1133  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dogen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
Wear a corset top! No sleeves, and they hook in the front.

It turns out I just need to leave my upper arms airy... So a puffy-sleeved pirate shirt and some skinny jeans maxes out the sexy while protecting my new ink.

/badass lingo
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean a poet blouse, since they weren't actually worn by pirates but were invented in the 19th century during the Romanticization of literature and the arts to present a pseudo-historical aesthetic?
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pirate poet!
sporko

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelsOfConfusion wrote:
You mean a poet blouse, since they weren't actually worn by pirates but were invented in the 19th century during the Romanticization of literature and the arts to present a pseudo-historical aesthetic?

how about a buzzkill blouse?

(jk wheels, <3 )

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I mean I reproduced it without paying royalties to the original artist, but that's a long name for a shirt.
Samsally

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stayed home from work sick today which was probably a bad idea (oh god goodbye all of my personal time I will miss you)... The up side is that I felt so guilty not going in to work that I actually cleaned my kitchen and living room and my apartment isn't miserable to be in anymore.

I also feel a lot better than I did this morning, which might be a testament to how awful my place was... whoops.
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have you know my talk with my boss must have gotten through to her. I got notice of a raise today.

That's right, as of today I will be making an extra $200.00 a year.

I'll notify my investment company immediately.

cheap fucks.
mouse

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah yes - the joys of working for a university!

we were notified a bit ago that, since it had been so long since we had gotten a cost of living raise, they were giving us a 3% increase, effective july 1.

of course, we had already been hit with a 1.5% increase in contributions to the pension plan (starting in june), and then there was a huge increase in parking fees....i think i end up taking home about $3 more/paycheck. AND since we are now paid biweekly, and july 1 did _not_ correspond with the start of a payperiod, the raise didn't actually come into effect until the middle of the month. (the pension contribution increase kicked in right on the dot).

well, as my mother used to say - it's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I roasted the most perfect looking/smelling chicken ever, and was so proud of myself. Let my roommate take a piece - and then when I went to take a leg I noticed it was really bloody and partly uncooked. Half of the chicken breast is uncooked too, and it seems like no amount of microwaving is fixing it.

Clearly this meat is cursed.

Edit: Omg, the other half of the chicken breast is frozen. I think this thing is fighting the heat and trying to cool itself back to icy stage. Its power is growing....

And while I'm at complaining about this chicken, the heart was included with the organs, which I don't recall seeing in many or any chickens I've cooked before. Sad I don't really get grossed out by organs much, but this one just bothered me. It had the little connector bits.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to fix it to near perfect.

And then the dog managed to get half of my portion of fresh-out-of-the-oven chicken.

It was shocking because he's never stolen food off the counter before, and he was good all day.

And now he appears to be distressed, probably because the chicken was too hot to eat (My roommate burned his finger pulling the chicken away from the dog. But not too distressed to try to steal more chicken.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
I managed to fix it to near perfect.

And then the dog managed to get half of my portion of fresh-out-of-the-oven chicken.

It was shocking because he's never stolen food off the counter before, and he was good all day.

And now he appears to be distressed, probably because the chicken was too hot to eat (My roommate burned his finger pulling the chicken away from the dog. But not too distressed to try to steal more chicken.

This amused me way to much this morning.
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My best friends dog was notorious for stealing unattended food, even if you thought it was safe.

We set out a few Arby's sandwiches one time on the counter went outside to smoke, came back and the wrappers were on the floor, no sandwiches in sight.

He also ate a rose bush. Like, the whole thing.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...You'd think a dog would stop one it realized there were thorns...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our boxer once stole half of an unfrosted birthday cake in-progress from the kitchen counter. And by "stole" I mean "smuggled in his stomach."
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripeypants wrote:
...You'd think a dog would stop one it realized there were thorns...

Tucker was a mack truck of a dog. The rose bush didn't even slow him down. They took him to the vets just to be safe, but there were no complications. Don't know if he got lucky, some how destroyed the thorns, or just sucked it up but he was fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1109, 1110, 1111 ... 1131, 1132, 1133  Next
Page 1110 of 1133

Jump to: