welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Mixed Bag
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1120, 1121, 1122 ... 1135, 1136, 1137  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

please don't tell us how he lacerated his scrotum! i would prefer to keep the magic alive by filling in the blank* with my own imagination!

*while i assume he is supposed to fill in the blank with that lidocaine jelly
Dogen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, while I have seen a variety of interesting stories and excuses ("I fell on it" is super common when a guy comes in with something stuck in his butt), this one is not interesting.

On the plus side, he did get to keep both of his dangly bits.
Mini J

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
Haha, no, I have my stable of easily referenced sources, and everything else I google. Source memory (where and when you learned a thing) is one of the easiest types of memory to forget, so if you meet someone who claims to remember all that shit they're either incredibly brilliant or lying to you. Thanks, though... I often put a lot of time into what I post and I'm glad someone notices how meticulously I cite!

Why do you meet professors at work? I thought you were a po-po?

God no, I couldn't deal with the misery cops have to put up with. Related to that though I suppose: Once I move back to Vancouver, I may very well be the first person you talk to on entering Canada.

Which is why I meet such a variety of people, such as professors (which is far and away my favourite part of my job.)
Yinello

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny how popular movies change people's minds so much. First it's 'Oh Yinello, you like to play Dwarves in fantasy games? How original!' and after the Hobbit it's 'Everyone's gonna be a Dwarf, why not play something else?'

Dwarf 4 life yo
Samsally

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always gravitate towards half-elves and I honestly don't know why. It's been brought to my attention though, that half-elves getting all the cool features between humans and elves is... kinda bull.

So now I think it'd be really super fun to play a half-elf that has some of the more interesting genetic problems that can crop up when two different species make babies. I imagine the social stigmas would be pretty interesting, too.
Yinello

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
I always gravitate towards half-elves and I honestly don't know why. It's been brought to my attention though, that half-elves getting all the cool features between humans and elves is... kinda bull.

So now I think it'd be really super fun to play a half-elf that has some of the more interesting genetic problems that can crop up when two different species make babies. I imagine the social stigmas would be pretty interesting, too.

I'd love to have you in my roleplay group, no lies.
Yinello

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've made up my mind. If my job doesn't fire me next year, I'll quit myself.

It makes me nervous as hell but I have to do it for my sanity.
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
The patients I've had recently have been really interesting (I hesitate to use the word "fun" even though I enjoy it): a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head/face, a guy with multiple gunshot wounds to the abdomen inflicted by someone else, and a guy who broke 12 bones (including both arms, several vertebrae, a femur, his jaw, and part of his skull) in a car accident.

Tomorrow I have a guy with a lacerated scrotum. With orders to apply lidocaine jelly four times per day. To his scrotum. Which he lacerated.

I'm thinking my first order of business will be to teach him how to apply jelly to his own scrotum. Because I'm really an educator at heart, see.

Make sure to call him "Numbnuts".
Yinello

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You're not a Muslim so you can't say negative things about a culture you don't understand!"

Actually I was and my family is so GG. But *sigh* I still don't want to feed the bigot-trolls out there so I'll edit my post. But I don't know if I should've just stood my ground. But I don't want to be seen as one of those 'edgy' forum trolls. Blargle.
Yinello

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+ I am home earlier
- I feel bad for leaving work earlier without explicit permission (but wtf my 2 colleagues were both taking days off without asking as well)
-- of course the boss called me and I lied saying I had a cold and I hate lying (note my boss is still on holiday but of course of all days he had to call today)

My anxieties don't make this worth it lol. I'll just spend my day youtubing at work instead.
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinello wrote:
"You're not a Muslim so you can't say negative things about a culture you don't understand!"

Actually I was and my family is so GG. But *sigh* I still don't want to feed the bigot-trolls out there so I'll edit my post. But I don't know if I should've just stood my ground. But I don't want to be seen as one of those 'edgy' forum trolls. Blargle.

It's not as bad as it seems Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
Yinello wrote:

It's not as bad as it seems Smile

Aah Monkey, you say that because you can work it. ;P
jwing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+ cat is asleep on my lap
- I need to get chores done
+ but he's softly snoring
- but I also need to pee
+ but he's soooo cute!
mouse

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beware the power of a sleeping cat.

that's my latest excuse for not getting up as early as i should in the morning - lately when i wake up i seem to have a cat on top of me, and it's just so sweet!
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
beware the power of a sleeping cat.

that's my latest excuse for not getting up as early as i should in the morning - lately when i wake up i seem to have a cat on top of me, and it's just so sweet!

It's what's gotten my through sitting at a desk plugging away numbers the past two days.

Having a 30 pound animal sit on your lap really makes you appreciate cushions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1120, 1121, 1122 ... 1135, 1136, 1137  Next
Page 1121 of 1137

Jump to: