welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Mixed Bag
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1128, 1129, 1130 ... 1133, 1134, 1135  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yinello

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm planning on solliciting at my high school which was pure hell for me as a teen. So weird. So so weird.
Martian Kyo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss this place. But I've been away from it so long, I feel like a stranger.

I am gonna go through the mixed, pleasures and horrors threads, to see how you've all been. Good, I hope.
mouse

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi martian! _i_ still remember you! you can come back!
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So my kids are learning about the basics of debate. They got assigned topics and had to present opposing viewpoints. My one son got video games are good for kids/video games are bad for kids. And he had to provide sources.

When looking up the "bad" he was having a hard time and asked if Fox was reputable or not because (and I quote) "Isn't that the station that grandpa watches all the time and they're wrong a lot?"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dogen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First day in the hospital after a long break (three weeks off in December, ten weeks working in a community clinic, then two weeks off). It's good, I like it, but the first day of patient care is always stressful.
mouse

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congratuations, darq - you have a perceptive and intelligent child!

...sorry about grandpa.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
congratuations, darq - you have a perceptive and intelligent child!

...sorry about grandpa.

Yeah, it's kinda a bummer because as time goes on he seems less overtly hostile and more downright pitiable

This made me tear up a little, but it's awesome nonetheless:
http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/04/14/star-wars-themed-funeral-fulfills-4-year-old-s-final-wish-1338029
Also, Matt Smith is fucking AWESOME! So sweet, I full on cried

Last edited by Darqcyde on Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redid an old hand-poked tattoo.

Hurt like a son of a bitch (tattooing over old tattoos + scar tissue) but turned out pretty well. Looks like the ink is solidly in there and the filling and linework is decent.

Also no signs of infection or scabbing so that's good.
Echo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+The Indian Premier League has started again! It's like cricket, but fun & exciting!

-It's normally on at a time when I'm unavoidably engaged away from my TV

+So I got another, small TV for the other room, for an entirely reasonable price!

-Blasted thing didn't come with any cable to attach it to anything.

+I got a cable and plugged it all together and made it work, so I got to watch the IPL!

-Which I think has lost something from not being staged in India. Somehow the atmosphere is different without home crowds, and just those who can afford to travel plus fans from Abu Dhabi/wherever else they're playing. It's not so... boisterously and wholeheartedly Indian.

+In unrelated news, I learned earlier that some glorious mentalist has apparently ported the Lord-of-the-Rings inspired "The Last Days" mod from Mount & Blade to Mount & Blade: Warband, with hopefully a pile of associated stability improvements from not being built on the original, somewhat inadequate engine. So I can spend the post-cricket part of the day getting that up and running, and then riding round Rohan smacking orcs in the face with sharp pointy bits of metal. RIDE NOW SONS OF EORN! ;-D
Mr Gary

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martian Kyo wrote:
I miss this place. But I've been away from it so long, I feel like a stranger.

I am gonna go through the mixed, pleasures and horrors threads, to see how you've all been. Good, I hope.

I was thinking about Amsterdam tonight, you were in my thoughts!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Echo wrote:
+The Indian Premier League has started again! It's like cricket, but fun & exciting!

-It's normally on at a time when I'm unavoidably engaged away from my TV

+So I got another, small TV for the other room, for an entirely reasonable price!

-Blasted thing didn't come with any cable to attach it to anything.

+I got a cable and plugged it all together and made it work, so I got to watch the IPL!

-Which I think has lost something from not being staged in India. Somehow the atmosphere is different without home crowds, and just those who can afford to travel plus fans from Abu Dhabi/wherever else they're playing. It's not so... boisterously and wholeheartedly Indian.

+In unrelated news, I learned earlier that some glorious mentalist has apparently ported the Lord-of-the-Rings inspired "The Last Days" mod from Mount & Blade to Mount & Blade: Warband, with hopefully a pile of associated stability improvements from not being built on the original, somewhat inadequate engine. So I can spend the post-cricket part of the day getting that up and running, and then riding round Rohan smacking orcs in the face with sharp pointy bits of metal. RIDE NOW SONS OF EORN! ;-D

I had been looking forward to the IPL as it's shown on domestic terrestrial tv here, but my tv is on the fritz, and I can't get ITV4 apparently. A shame. It's not cricket per se, but it is fun. Hope you get to see some. C'mon you Chennai Super Biffs!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mixed bag:

At the end of this month I get my first full pay cheque from my new job & my last full pay cheque from my last job. Two full pay cheques! I contemplated a weekend away, or an Xbox One, or buy my entire Amazon wishlist in one swoop.

I got a court order to repay £400 of debt I forgot I'd run up on an old bank account.

D'oh!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Gary wrote:
I had been looking forward to the IPL as it's shown on domestic terrestrial tv here, but my tv is on the fritz, and I can't get ITV4 apparently. A shame. It's not cricket per se, but it is fun. Hope you get to see some. C'mon you Chennai Super Biffs!

Tchah, it's a shame you can't get ITV4, especially if you're a CSK fan. They're trampling all over Delhi Daredevils right now...
TIAB

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The divorce process is creeping forward. Mostly this means that I just sit and wait for other people to tell me what's next. So much waiting. Still, nobody's screaming or threatening each other so this is pretty much straddling the line.

Had a great interview a couple weeks ago and was told to expect a decision by the end of that week. No decision made yet, which means that it's still possible that I got the job. So much waiting.

Oh, and the bridge on my performance guitar is separating and warping the wood beneath it, requiring more in repairs than the guitar cost new. This led to me purchasing a new guitar which I am quite happy with.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like a lot of people, I don't like Firefox's new UI in the ver. 29 release. Like a lot of people, I was able to put things back the way I wanted with the Classic Theme Restorer extension. It can't replace absolutely everything that everybody used which was removed, but it does replace everything I was using. Namely, combined stop/reload buttons, star in the search bar, small toolbar icons, restore the Menu button, etc.

How I had FF28 set up:

How FF29 looked:

How I tweaked it:

So now I can have new Firefox version while keeping things the way I want. Worked on my Linux install too.
Still pissed at Mozilla for removing so many features and customization options (especially the small buttons, WTF?), but at least I can put things right. Unlike with certain other browsers.
(No, I didn't feel like migrating to a non-Mozilla fork like Sea Monkey or Pale Moon over this)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1128, 1129, 1130 ... 1133, 1134, 1135  Next
Page 1129 of 1135

Jump to: