Welcome to the Fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Mixed Bag
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1155, 1156, 1157, 1158  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

++++oldbies showing up!
------------oldbies not showing up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
The Victim Here

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Times and people change. Went on a nostalgia-fuelled glance back into the past (and some of the past I wasn't even here for).
The parts where the community rent itself asunder were a little more raw than I remembered, and the sadder thing was the slow and quiet drifting off of people. Like MsFrisby coming back and quietly leaving, Kilgore slowly vanishing, and hell, only knowing that Him and Willem aren't doing great and then stopped being here (if you guys are lurking, I hope you're both doing okay). But that's just the way it is. I dunno if Sinfest, the great and the glorious ever really existed. I know Dennis would fucking smack me upside the chops for even thinking about "the good old days". I think we could still have a little good corner of the net over here, in case anyone else ever comes back. But we don't do it just for them. We just gotta work on trying to help the newbies become the oldbies and keep the joy that kept us here going. Try to keep a good place here, when everywhere else has gone to shit.

Though I haven't slept for about 29 hours right now, so this could all be some fuckin' bullshit and don't pay attention to me.
Mr Gary

Location: Some pub in England ... Uh, I mean, Scotland ... Uh, I mean, Spain ... Uh I mean Scotland again ...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis wouldn't smack you upside the head for being on a nostalgia trip. His latest one-man show is soundtracked entirely by 'Men At Work' singles, and features a wonderfully free-spirited showman whose creativity is curbed by his macho society, and so he yearns for the wonderful youth when his freedom ran rampant, and ideas just popped off his head like blisters on an ultra-marathon runner's feet.

It's entitled: "My latest one-man show: soundtracked entirely by 'Men At Work' singles, and featuring a wonderfully free-spirited showman whose creativity is curbed by his macho society, and so he yearns for the wonderful youth when his freedom ran rampant, and ideas just popped off his head like blisters on an ultra-marathon runner's feet."

He's not entirely married to that title, though.
Mr Gary

Location: Some pub in England ... Uh, I mean, Scotland ... Uh, I mean, Spain ... Uh I mean Scotland again ...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis is actually happily married to a lovely human lady, and has a dog. And he's still a wonderful human being.

He won, basically. Put your controllers down. Hadley won it. The bastard won it all.
The Victim Here

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for him.
Yorick

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Victim Here wrote:
Oh yeah, and let me go right the fuck ahead and blow Dro, Yorick, Wheels, mouse, Sam's, and any other old skol lurkers minds;

I'm 29.

so?
The Victim Here

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, ya'll knew me when I was 16, so I thought it might be a little boggling. I suppose time makes fools of me alone, just me, I'm a fool.
Yorick

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Victim Here wrote:
Well, ya'll knew me when I was 16, so I thought it might be a little boggling. I suppose time makes fools of me alone, just me, I'm a fool.

ohhh, ageism, is it? filthy bastard. We'll have your keels hauled for that. GET HIM!
The Victim Here

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya'll nawt haul my keels, if I have anything to do with it!

*jumps off side of ship, to be raked over by barnacles under ship*
mouse

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- cat had another kidney failure episode
+ had the sense to take her to the vet as soon as i suspected a problem - which was the day before Thanksgiving - so spared her probably 2 really bad days
- have to give her subcutaneous fluids now
-- which i guess will be for the rest of her life
--- and means her life might not be all that much longer
+ she's being really really good and patient with things (at least so far).
Nobody Important

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-My autistic brother had a huge freakout two nights ago. He screamed at us, he broke things, and he attacked my older brother. My mom had to call the police to take him out of here. He's currently at a mental hospital. We don't even know what set him off (it's always something extremely petty). We had planned to put him somewhere already but no so soon (mom got money from taking care of him). Now we have to figure out how to make that money a different way.

+He's no longer here which means we're finally free from his abuse (we figured out recently that he's pretty much been abusing us for years). We no longer have to be afraid for our safety, we can finally just exist in our own home without fear of sudden explosive temper tantrums, and other things I don't feel like getting into right now. We can also focus on getting my birth certificate and my older brother's I.D. now that he's not here to monopolize my mom's time due to his obsession with isolating her from the rest of us (we can't drive and I don't even have a bike still).

Also hope things go well for your cat mouse (I also have a cat named mouse).
Taemon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a big deal, Nobody Important. I hope it works out. You told us about your brother before, I can't imagine how to deal with that. Kudos.
Nobody Important

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Taemon. It's gonna take while to get used to not having him around. Not that I'm complaining since being used to the undercurrent of fear and anger is never a good thing. What we're focusing on now is our money situation and recovering from his abuse, assuming he doesn't come back pls no.
Nobody Important

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We found out just a few hours ago that they're moving him to a city a couple houndred miles away. This means that he's not coming back. My mom was going to visit him so this hit her pretty hard. But at the same time this is a good thing because he was absolutely obsessed with being near her to the point where it made our lives very difficult.

While we're going to have to find a way to make up the loss of money due to his absence (the ssi checks I receive aren't going to be enough), things are going to be much better in the long run. Now we can focus on getting our lives on track since he's not gonna to be around to actively disrupt us.

It's also gonna take a while to get used to not walking on eggshells (we're still a little on edge thinking that we're hearing him). I'm actually feeling optimistic about our future which is something that I haven't felt in a long time.
Taemon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't imagine having to live like that, I'm glad it's over. It must be hard on your mother, though. Why are they moving him so far away? Is that the best facility for him?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1155, 1156, 1157, 1158  Next
Page 1156 of 1158

Jump to: