welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life's Mixed Bag
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1111, 1112, 1113 ... 1131, 1132, 1133  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sporko

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azmoten wrote:
+\- first day of school in 4 years. Nervous as all hell. Here we go

how did your first day go? Very Happy

(i just started fall semester today.)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeD CHiKn wrote:
Yinello wrote:
Today I ate a cookie of mealworms.

The mealworms tasted like

nothing. >.>

Good to know I'll be able to eat in the future when there are only insects!

There's a reason I don't pop edamame into my mouth straight from the shell any more. You just nailed it.

I really wish you hadn't posted that. You may have ruined one of life's simple pleasures for me. =/
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry.

I still love edamame, I'm just more careful.
Dogen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we're doing a community event tomorrow. At the last minute we were told we needed to wear dress clothes (-). This being the pacific northwest, someone had to ask what that was exactly (like... a zip-up hoodie? Our good hiking boots?). I kinda love that about the area.

Because I've lived in the PNW for so long, I don't own anything dressier than cargo pants... so I had to go buy khakis (-).
stripeypants

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember a few years back seeing a hooded suit jacket for sale in a menswear store. Sadly that doesn't seem to stayed as a fashion.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My boss really is awesome. Slow day? Go home earlier, no problem! I will be sad when I decide to quit because I want to start my own company. It's not that I hate my job (though it is boring) but I really want to be in the game industry.
Jinx

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeD CHiKn wrote:
Sorry.

I still love edamame, I'm just more careful.

But, part of the enjoyment in eating edamame (for me) is putting the pod in my mouth and popping out the beans.
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just gave notice at my job.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
So we're doing a community event tomorrow. At the last minute we were told we needed to wear dress clothes (-). This being the pacific northwest, someone had to ask what that was exactly (like... a zip-up hoodie? Our good hiking boots?). I kinda love that about the area.

Because I've lived in the PNW for so long, I don't own anything dressier than cargo pants... so I had to go buy khakis (-).

Wait. A strict dress code for a volunteer clean up event? Is it part of work?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dogen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clean up? No. We were doing health promotions. Talking to people about their blood pressure, diet, mental health, etc.
Dogen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I have a magic power. If you talk to me about your relationships for long enough, you will eventually tell me all about any molestations you may have experienced as a child. It's happened three times this month.
Martian Kyo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are child molestations that common...or is it that in your line of work you're more likely to meet people who have been molested.
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back from vacation like 6 hours ago. Family owns a sailboat, the diesel engine started acting ropey, turns out a raw-water (aka saltwater) cooling pump was leaking into the crankcase, filling it with water until the oil flooded up and out of the engine, into the intake air cleaner and then proceeded to burn a bunch of pancake-syrup thick, jet black diesel oil. On top of that, the alternator stopped working (no charging the battery bank), the steering is fuckered, there is oil leaking into the freshwater cooling system, it pissed rain non stop, and the tow line for our dinghy snapped, forcing us to turn around and save our upside down inflatable zodiac.

Normally most people would give up at this point, but using a plastic tupperware container, an inflatable boat pump and a piece of sink tubing, we pumped out 14 litres of seawater out of the dipstick hole, in an engine that's supposed to hold... 5 litres of oil, max.

The upshot is that the water didn't go into the actual cylinders, and apart from a bit of wear and tear from running with seawater instead of oil, the engine is okay. Managed to get it to a dock and catch a plane home, in search of a new water pump seal (parts might be a pig to find, it's an old Perkins diesel that hasn't been in production for a long time).

I'm moving into my university quad in 4 hours. I'm both excited and terrified.

It's been a hectic week.
It read 'Welcome to The End'
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
So I have a magic power. If you talk to me about your relationships for long enough, you will eventually tell me all about any molestations you may have experienced as a child. It's happened three times this month.

Shocked
It read 'Welcome to The End'
Dogen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martian Kyo wrote:
Are child molestations that common...or is it that in your line of work you're more likely to meet people who have been molested.

They're more common than most people like to think about, and if you include the early teen years it's a fairly staggering amount. But this was just dumb luck to have three of these conversations.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1111, 1112, 1113 ... 1131, 1132, 1133  Next
Page 1112 of 1133

Jump to: