welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fighting The Mailbox Blues

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jwing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:36 pm    Post subject: Fighting The Mailbox Blues Reply with quote

*badlilkitty* and I were chatting and realized we really like getting letters; not just emails but actual I-just-got-a-letter-dance something-in-the-postal-box letters. We figured others might like that too. so here's a thread to start the ball rolling.

If you'd like to receive letters, post here and people who want to send letters can send you an IM to get your address. If you feel uncomfortable giving out your address first, state it in your post and people can give you their address and the onus would be on you to write first.

Forever stamps for USians is, I think 49 cents right now, but they last, hey, forever and they're coming out with space-themed and Star Trek themed ones this year. International stamps (for usians sending out of country) are 1.15$. Non-usians, I'm very sorry but I don't know the workings of your postal system well enough to give prices.

If you post here, *please* follow through. If you don't like your handwriting, type it up and print it out. Please don't harass people and DO NOT share addresses.

If you have access to Daiso, they have fun stationery sets for 1.50$, and I recommend getting washi tape (same price) because the envelopes are not self sealing.

Thank you!
mouse

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like getting letters! i even like writing letters! (not sure how much people like reading them, since my life is rather dull and my handwriting is ... idiosyncratic) - but i will write to people! pm me.
Pint

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still a thing? <3
jwing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm always up for writing and receiving letters. If you want one, pm me your address.
Mr Gary

Location: Some pub in England ... Uh, I mean, Scotland ... Uh, I mean, Spain ... Uh I mean Scotland again ...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in the ancient past, the olden tymes, between Terminator 3 and Terminator: Salvation, I used to receive & send letters with some people from here. Obviously, I hate them now and hope they never suck air again. However, I have become something of a postcard fan, and would be happy happy happy to send a postcard to anyone who PMs me their address. I'd be more than welcome to receiving post too!

Also, to whichever Canadian forum user who told me they had Katy Perry's underwear and I said 'lol send it to me' and they said 'lol yeah' and I said 'lol yeah': lol yeah, what you think I'm made of being able to imagine underwear?

Okay that was years ago, but still.

Anyway, write me, I'm not weird!
Pineapple

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got my health benefits package and proof of insurance etc etc in the mail so I can finally go see the dentist

and the doctor maybe if I have to

wooooooo

so my mailbox made me pretty happy today

though I prefer instant messaging because then I can flirt with faraway people in real time
jwing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping this to let people know that April is Letter Writing Month. Last year I wrote (and mailed!) a letter every day. I would love to do that again this year but to a new batch of victims, I mean penpals. If you'd like to get a rambling letter from a stircrazy hausfrau, please pm me your address.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: