Welcome to the Fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Same old tired shit
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kyle Casey

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a pie I made some time ago. Bananas cooked in brown sugar, butter, and a little rum, combined with a vanilla/rum custard, and topped with dark chocolate ganache.

I call it: The Drunken Monkey!

[img]
Vixine

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinello wrote:
Aww yeeee

So much goodness in a flat biscuit.

Flashbacks to being a kid with parents who loved to go to a local place that pretty much only served fancy drinks. I think it might have been a coffee shop. Those and italian ices. Childhood.
Mr Zero

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clothahump's not wrong. Sure, change can be good. But it's gone from fun, to "portray men poorly, at everything, every chance you get." And if there's time that isn't spent trying to feebly show women as downtrodden saints and saviors (but ones usually dumb as a donkey and dumber if Xanthe), then that's showing women as everything wrong with the world.
It's very one note. But the art is pretty. Not that that makes up for anything, though. But Tat can still surprize, sometimes.

Here, amusingly, rather than consider the problem, the girls go back to the kitchen.
... Favorites include (fruit) strip danish. And lemon pie. Cheesecake is delicious, but it leaves an aftertaste that just won't go away. Not that I cook any of those- I want it done right.
Taemon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a child, there was nothing more magical than flensjestaart. Pancake pie? Doesn't have the same ring to it.

I couldn't find a good picture. The trick is of course to put something else on each layer. Jam, syrup, nutella... hours of fun.
Nobody Important

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Zero wrote:
Clothahump's not wrong. Sure, change can be good. But it's gone from fun, to "portray men poorly, at everything, every chance you get.

I don't really like that there are barely any good men in this strip and the ones that are good get little screen time, no character development, are unaware of the shit that's happening or all of the above.

But then again there are so many other things that do show men in a better light. Just look anywhere else and you'll see men that are not portrayed as bad.

Mr Zero wrote:
And if there's time that isn't spent trying to feebly show women as downtrodden saints and saviors (but ones usually dumb as a donkey and dumber if Xanthe),

Wait I'm confused are you calling Xanthe "as dumb as a donkey"? Which female characters in sinfest do you think are "as dumb as a donkey". I don't remember any female characters being portrayed as stupid in any of the strips that I've seen.

And what do you mean by "dumber if Xanthe", is english not your first language?

Mr Zero wrote:
then that's showing women as everything wrong with the world.

Didn't you just say that the women are all downtrodden and sad and that the men are portrayed as bad. How does that show women as "everything wrong with the world".

And by the way the "women getting back into the kitchen" jokes haven't been funny since... actually they've never been funny.
Mr Zero

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had to check this for responses- just to see which way it was going to go. Talking about what I said, or continuing the food thread.

Nobody- It looks like we're on the same page, right down to the reaction gif. Some of Sinfest is inexplicable. "They aren't even going for a joke today." As for Sinfest women being stupid- They complain about the world they live in but cannot change it. They're constantly shown going along with what they have previously stated to be wrong/bad/unfun. The new characters like Tangerene are hare-brained, or Blue who's all gusto no planning. The best the sisterhood, the one and only force of action left in Sinfest now that Slick and Nique are no longer the main characters, can do is flick a few electronics on and off.
So, of Sinfest woman characters, they're willingly led like sheep, but dumb as a stump because of it. Then, there's dumb and there's subtracting brains from dumb. And that is Xanthe. She's shown to mean well but only as long as she can hate/insult men while doing so. If that isn't the focus when she starts, she's used to connect the two. Tat can be a bit ham-handed with her. As "all fury yet clueless" as women are on Sinfest, the men are worse. (The last good man in the comic was the Obama expy.) But we don't need more pages on that! Those are secondary characters at best anyway. Now.

As for the kitchen, yes, I agree, strange. But that's a matter of description of event.
>Guy wonders why Sinfest has gone to hell.
>Immediate Forum Response: Who Loves Cookies?
>then 2 more pages of chatter about desserts. Including recipes.
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Zero wrote:
She's shown to mean well but only as long as she can hate/insult men while doing so.

too bad that's factually incorrect and i've disproven it multiple times with sources but every time i do you conveniently ignore it

Mr Zero wrote:
(The last good man in the comic was the Obama expy.)

lmao wrong again but Okay, Whatever You Wanna Believe To Fit The Ignorant Narrative Youre Building In Your Head

ANYWAYS

you know what? lucky charms are delicious. (i just have trouble concentrating-) have you ever had ‘em? WELL… i wasnt sure when they introduced red balloons at first, but now i’m into it! i wasnt… FAMILIAR… with the concept. and then they brought in rainbows and i was like, this is a lot of new marshmallows! (meanwhile the girls been gone for like thirty minutes-) these are a LOT of new marshmallows! (and there’s like a note like “i’m leaving you”-) i - i always thought they didn’t go about it the right way! yeah, because if they released a commercial that said “we’re gonna be releasing rainbows soon” — the leprechaun never warned me

Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like this new design for lucky, hes cute
Wic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obligatory mämmi from my lovely mongolian country.
Chronometry

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wic wrote:

Obligatory mämmi from my lovely mongolian country.

...I'm just going to assume that's unspeakably delicious, because the presentation feels a bit...lacking.

This poster is a white cismale heterosexual. Feel free to ignore him if he starts speaking nonsense.
Drooling Fan Grrl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Mämmi (Finnish pronunciation: [ˈmæmmi]) is a traditional Finnish Easter dessert. The Swedish name for it is memma.

Mämmi is traditionally made of water, rye flour, and powdered malted rye, seasoned salt, and dried powdered Seville orange zest"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%A4mmi
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it looks like something from an anti-smoking ad

like "if you smoke your lungs will look like mämmi"
Samuraiko

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:

Shadow, something about the combination of your avatar and your comment here has had me laughing for about five minutes straight. Like you're totally disgruntled about coming into this thread hoping to see delicious desserts and you get mämmi.
Nobody Important

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Zero wrote:
I just had to check this for responses- just to see which way it was going to go. Talking about what I said, or continuing the food thread.

Nobody- It looks like we're on the same page, right down to the reaction gif. Some of Sinfest is inexplicable. "They aren't even going for a joke today." As for Sinfest women being stupid- They complain about the world they live in but cannot change it. They're constantly shown going along with what they have previously stated to be wrong/bad/unfun. The new characters like Tangerene are hare-brained, or Blue who's all gusto no planning. The best the sisterhood, the one and only force of action left in Sinfest now that Slick and Nique are no longer the main characters, can do is flick a few electronics on and off.
So, of Sinfest woman characters, they're willingly led like sheep, but dumb as a stump because of it. Then, there's dumb and there's subtracting brains from dumb. And that is Xanthe. She's shown to mean well but only as long as she can hate/insult men while doing so. If that isn't the focus when she starts, she's used to connect the two. Tat can be a bit ham-handed with her. As "all fury yet clueless" as women are on Sinfest, the men are worse. (The last good man in the comic was the Obama expy.) But we don't need more pages on that! Those are secondary characters at best anyway. Now.

As for the kitchen, yes, I agree, strange. But that's a matter of description of event.
>Guy wonders why Sinfest has gone to hell.
>Immediate Forum Response: Who Loves Cookies?
>then 2 more pages of chatter about desserts. Including recipes.

Wow the victim blaming is strong here. That's like saying that a woman being afraid to leave or retaliate against her abusive husband for the fear of being hospitalized or even killed is dumb.

How about instead of blaming her for being abused blame the men doing the abusing in the first place. And no we're not anywhere near on the same page. I used that gif because what you're saying is just baffling. Just holy shit dude.

EDIT: Also about the kitchen thing 1: not everyone in the forum is female 2: kitchen jokes still aren't funny anyway.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samuraiko wrote:
ShadowCell wrote:

Shadow, something about the combination of your avatar and your comment here has had me laughing for about five minutes straight. Like you're totally disgruntled about coming into this thread hoping to see delicious desserts and you get mämmi.

twilight sparkle is sick of your weird scandinavian food that looks like tar, sick i say
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: