Welcome to the Fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

August 26, 2017: The Ball 13
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Chronometry



Joined: 02 Mar 2016
Posts: 527
Location: Middle of Nowhere, England

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:03 am    Post subject: August 26, 2017: The Ball 13 Reply with quote



nique i get that you don't like these people but you are literally smack dab in the middle of enemy territory do you really think it's wise to antagonise them like this
_________________
And if there's a god, you'd better pray,
That this sleeping giant never wakes!


This poster is a white cismale heterosexual. Feel free to ignore him if he starts speaking nonsense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Taemon



Joined: 08 Aug 2013
Posts: 1753
Location: Europe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Nique, you're at a party you were snuck in by your girlfriend, behave! You're going to get her into trouble!

This is a lot more realistic than the pile-it-on-the-coat-girl scene we saw before. I certainly wouldn't just throw my coat in someone's direction and expect them to sort it out.

Why is Abby impressed?
_________________
Common sense is the enemy of science
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Miracle_Drakon



Joined: 30 Jan 2013
Posts: 88

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avis Everhard's showtime.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chronometry



Joined: 02 Mar 2016
Posts: 527
Location: Middle of Nowhere, England

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taemon wrote:
Why is Abby impressed?


"Fabric worn by royalty" not mean anything to you?

i mean it doesn't mean shit to me but then again i'm an uncultured lout who enjoys plain chicken breasts without any kind of marinade or sauce so
_________________
And if there's a god, you'd better pray,
That this sleeping giant never wakes!


This poster is a white cismale heterosexual. Feel free to ignore him if he starts speaking nonsense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sam



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 11175

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is how you accidentally write a character as an intending and negative stereotype of leftist culture warriors

sincerely, a leftist culture warrior
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Taemon



Joined: 08 Aug 2013
Posts: 1753
Location: Europe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chronometry wrote:
Taemon wrote:
Why is Abby impressed?


"Fabric worn by royalty" not mean anything to you?

No.

Chronometry wrote:
i mean it doesn't mean shit to me but then again i'm an uncultured lout who enjoys plain chicken breasts without any kind of marinade or sauce so

I'm a cultured non-foodie who lives in an actual monarchy and it means nothing to me. I mean, face it. We have an actual King. I'm sure he loves chicken breasts.
_________________
Common sense is the enemy of science
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Strix Varia



Joined: 07 Feb 2016
Posts: 112
Location: State of confusion

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abby basically snuck 'Nique into the ball as a show of friendship and now 'Nique is doing what she can to piss off the other guests and get Abby fired. This is Tat's reality so it will probably end well for both of them. In real life, people have been fired and black balled for a lot less.

Taemon wrote:

Why is Abby impressed?

Abby is in Customer service. Everyone's baby is beautiful. Everyone's title is impressive. Everyone's taste in music is impeccable. Every old tired joke is funny.
_________________
Drones are people too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pedro_Martini



Joined: 24 Sep 2016
Posts: 300

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why'd this dude have the devil horns but no tail.
Is that like a culture thing. Keep your tails in your pants people.
_________________
MMXVII ---> X̄MMXVII
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Onimaru



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 578

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strix Varia wrote:
Abby basically snuck 'Nique into the ball as a show of friendship and now 'Nique is doing what she can to piss off the other guests and get Abby fired. This is Tat's reality so it will probably end well for both of them. In real life, people have been fired and black balled for a lot less.


Very true, and she's both lucky and unlucky that this is Tat's reality, because you're right that it's most likely that nothing TOO overly negative is going to happen as a result of Monique antagonizing the other party goers, as Tat is going to most likely make them come out the other side with some kind of moral victory.

BUT! And this is a BIG BUT! In Sinfest Reality, as a Devilgirl, Abby has much more to lose than just her job. This isn't just a case of Monique just saying 'Hey sorry my behavior got you fired, but if Dman fires you and you have to move out of the Mansion you can come live with me.' Dman OWNS Abby's Soul, so she loses her position at the Mansion? Best case scenario Abby goes back to stripping and dancing at the hellhole on Dman's orders... Worst Case? .... Bomf District gets a new 'low cost' item for men to enjoy.

Monique is being very DANGEROUSLY un-genre savvy about how she is effectively playing games with Abby's safety and livelihood.
_________________
I now wield the power of 'Adorbs Thumbs Up Vainglorious!' I will use its power responsibly until such time I hand its power onto a more worthy individual.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Taemon



Joined: 08 Aug 2013
Posts: 1753
Location: Europe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Onimaru wrote:
Monique is being very DANGEROUSLY un-genre savvy about how she is effectively playing games with Abby's safety and livelihood.

Yeah. I hope she sees this and makes amends.
_________________
Common sense is the enemy of science
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pedro_Martini



Joined: 24 Sep 2016
Posts: 300

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Onimaru wrote:
BUT! And this is a BIG BUT! In Sinfest Reality, as a Devilgirl, Abby has much more to lose than just her job. This isn't just a case of Monique just saying 'Hey sorry my behavior got you fired, but if Dman fires you and you have to move out of the Mansion you can come live with me.' Dman OWNS Abby's Soul, so she loses her position at the Mansion? Best case scenario Abby goes back to stripping and dancing at the hellhole on Dman's orders... Worst Case? .... Bomf District gets a new 'low cost' item for men to enjoy..

Could attempt what Fuchsia did, though she had Blue helping her and I doubt she'd be in the mood to help again.
_________________
MMXVII ---> X̄MMXVII
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Onimaru



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 578

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pedro_Martini wrote:
Could attempt what Fuchsia did, though she had Blue helping her and I doubt she'd be in the mood to help again.


This is true, but also a case of we don't know enough about how the Devil 'controls' souls to know how it works. Is leaving Dman as simple as walking out the door and hoping he can't track you down again? If so, how is it that Fuchsia is the first and only Devilgirl we know of to have tried it.

This would also have to consider the 'allegorical' complications in that Fuchsia's leaving the Mansion could be considered how a woman leaves an abusive situation, such as a Prostitute leaving a Pimp. So while it's simple to say, if Dman doesn't have some 'mystical control' over their Souls and Devilgirls can just walk away, it puts on the Victim Blaming hat of, 'Why don't you just LEAVE?' Answer to victims of abuse that might not realistically have any other choice without any outside aid or support, not to mention the fears of retribution that come with it.

What I'm saying is, doing what Fuchsia did. Might not be as simple as just 'Doing what Fuchsia did...'
_________________
I now wield the power of 'Adorbs Thumbs Up Vainglorious!' I will use its power responsibly until such time I hand its power onto a more worthy individual.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Caimsen



Joined: 12 Jun 2014
Posts: 622
Location: The good old World

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Onimaru"]
Strix Varia wrote:


BUT! And this is a BIG BUT! In Sinfest Reality, as a Devilgirl, Abby has much more to lose than just her job. This isn't just a case of Monique just saying 'Hey sorry my behavior got you fired, but if Dman fires you and you have to move out of the Mansion you can come live with me.' Dman OWNS Abby's Soul, so she loses her position at the Mansion? Best case scenario Abby goes back to stripping and dancing at the hellhole on Dman's orders... Worst Case? .... Bomf District gets a new 'low cost' item for men to enjoy.

Monique is being very DANGEROUSLY un-genre savvy about how she is effectively playing games with Abby's safety and livelihood.


I dont know if the Devil owns her Soul, but he sure has her in his Hand. And yes, Monique isnt really helping ether.
I know the Man stoped their romantic Moment, but c'mon. She is at work and there is a Ball, so not much Time to screw around. Ok, there is when its a bit later, but that is a different Topic....


Monique is rather bad behaving and complettly unneded too. Looks like she seeks trouble.
Ok, he is a Devil and probably one from the upper 10,000, but he didnt showed any bad behaviour. Tat really showed her in a stereotypical Antifa or Femnazi. I mean seriously, Fascist and Imperialsitic Pig? About 95% of the People who call somebody Facists dont even know what that Word really means.
But this is not really the Monique i know. This is more like some edgy pseudo Nique. I hope that Tat wont go on with her in that way, cause i fear that Abby will get hurt one way or another.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CopperRose



Joined: 19 Aug 2016
Posts: 153

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nique has always been this way. Even before the patriarchy-pill-matrix-awakening, she’s been picketing with her little peace hat and sign screaming “down with the man”, “anti-cooperate, anti-elite, anti-fascism”. It was even in some of her poetry the different is she doesn’t shake her butt anymore. Also, Monique was always a pot stirrer; especially, with Slick and even Blue and Fuchsia. She was always the type to say what was on her mind, unfiltered.

But this time, her actions may have consequences for Abby for sneaking her inside. Nique is so caught up in her beliefs she don’t realize that this can cause Abby a one way ticket to the Bomf District. While, I commend Nique for staying true to herself, she just might get a lesson in using caution this time around. I hope in the next comic Abby points out her behavior and make Nique realize that she’s doing more harm than good in this scenario. Because, I believe if not anyone else, she'll listen to Abby.
_________________
She works hard for the money.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pedro_Martini



Joined: 24 Sep 2016
Posts: 300

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Onimaru wrote:
This would also have to consider the 'allegorical' complications in that Fuchsia's leaving the Mansion could be considered how a woman leaves an abusive situation, such as a Prostitute leaving a Pimp. So while it's simple to say, if Dman doesn't have some 'mystical control' over their Souls and Devilgirls can just walk away, it puts on the Victim Blaming hat of, 'Why don't you just LEAVE?' Answer to victims of abuse that might not realistically have any other choice without any outside aid or support, not to mention the fears of retribution that come with it.

I certainly think Fuchsia was the first to leave (and before Sapphire, the first to want to)

I think the vast majority of Fuschia's departure was psychological (there's evidence that suggests abusive relationships mess with dopamine outputs; the sporadic nature of the relationship's reward/punishment system makes the highs more alluring). The Devil has shown obvious short range control over her, commanding her to hunt Criminy for him a bit like how he commanded that book that one time.
Aside from that he hasn't really shown much real control over her or anything he supposedly has dominion over. He had to rely on Blue and some drones to track Fuchsia and still failed. Tat seems content with the Devil being less of an abstract force and more confined to his own physical being, much like the Dragon, Buddha and God. This tendency has only increased since the pill-sisterhood-whatever-thingy, where he's basically resigned to walking his dog and crying about how much cooler the Sisterhood is than him. The only thing we've seen that comes close to influence is the episodes Fuchsia keeps having of her past. The devil appears in one and though it's unsure whether this actually happened, whether it's all in Fuchsia's head, or whether he's in Fuchsia's head is left unclear, I suppose that shows partial influence.

Then again, his influence over government, state and tech has increased, to the point where he now mass-produces a substantial percentage of the population (dudebro factory, I mean, come on Tat! What?!). I'd say the devil using this to find anyone who left is unlikely though, since Fuchsia and half a dozen fembots seem to get along fine, admittedly undercover. I think a lot of the Devil's power comes from fear, and admitting that people can and do escape him would be more harmful than the actual consequences of anyone leaving, assuming they all keep their heads down, which they all have.

Caimsen wrote:
But this is not really the Monique i know. This is more like some edgy pseudo Nique. I hope that Tat wont go on with her in that way, cause i fear that Abby will get hurt one way or another.
CopperRose wrote:
Nique has always been this way. Even before the patriarchy-pill-matrix-awakening, she’s been picketing with her little peace hat and sign screaming “down with the man”, “anti-cooperate, anti-elite, anti-fascism”. It was even in some of her poetry the different is she doesn’t shake her butt anymore. Also, Monique was always a pot stirrer; especially, with Slick and even Blue and Fuchsia. She was always the type to say what was on her mind, unfiltered.

I think 'Nique has lost a lot of her original mindfulness. Yeah she talked the talk, shouting her opinions to anyone who'd listen (and a few who wouldn't), but she was also really aware of the impact of her actions. She never risked much unless she really knew what she was doing, and just talking her way out instead. This gave a edge of intelligence to an otherwise lazy, narcissistic show-off. The new 'Nique seems to have lost this intelligence, and whilst she may be a bit more committed to her beliefs, that's only great until it becomes close-minded and negligent. Not sure if this is a step forward or backward from blatent hypocritism, where at least she was only hurting herself.

Phew, long post. Good thing my work doesn't monitor their IP servers. (Unless they do, in which case "hey guys, I'm working".)
_________________
MMXVII ---> X̄MMXVII
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group