Welcome to the Fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aug. 30: The Ball 17
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Meddler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Aug. 30: The Ball 17 Reply with quote

Good save!

[Actually, I'm wondering who invited them. Earlier strips said nothing about who put them on the guest list, just that they were invited. And that they RSVP-ed. And asked about clowns.]

Click here to see my artwork!
Click here to check out my Tweets!
0z79

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh, so D-man loves his boy after all!
Kurt91

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering how he was going to handle this without either losing face or having to "deal with" Lily. Pretty classy response. You got to admit, he's got both style, and Vetinari-levels of planning for seemingly any situation.
Argus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that was smooth...
Random Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of figured it would turn out something like that. No need for D to make a scene at his own party when he can go with it and still maintain his image.
Argus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I was sure it won't lead to anything bad - just figured he'd have to acknowledge Lil'E's presence in some way. Wiggled out of it for now, that sly devil.
GreekPlayer64

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess you could say he didnt mind that they "stood up" to him.

HAHAHAHAHahaha...ha..

I know where the door is...
Taemon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, I think he did lose some face here. After all, they disrespected him and got away with it. I'm not so impressed.
Strix Varia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No face lost. Psychologically speaking, it was a good move. They are children who obviously didn't understand the rules. Nobody would think they were intentionally disrespecting the devil. He might have invited them specifically to be wild cards. Everyone at the party knows how powerful and ruthless the D-man can be when he wants his way but someone who is always ruthless is also predictable. Predictable people can be manipulated. This simple show of benevolence might have various effects on different people. It is a subtle way of saying that those people who the devil see's with favor will be treated well. It might loosen up the crowd and cause them to talk more openly. Happy people always spill more secrets than scared people. The more calculating people will spend the night wondering what new angle the devil is playing and be extra cautious to avoid falling into a trap, which will coincidently keep their own scheming to a minimum. Finally it shows that he has so much power that he doesn't need to concern himself with convincing other people that he has power.

Also we still don't know his long term goal is for this party. Remember when he told Blue that he needed generals for the upcoming war? This could simply be the first step in a long term plan. Meaning he might not even care about this part.
Nevamore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm torn. On the one hand I want D-Man to pull a whole "Lily *cough* I mean Lil' E, I am your father." but on the other hand, looking at all these asshats, I can imagine the huge target that would paint on Lily's back. Especially with his newly Lethe'd sensibilities.
Bogy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D-man did not come out and say, "This is my son." But he made it obvious that this was someone who didn't have to kneel. Everyone else may not know exactly what is going on, but the immediate serving of more Hors d'oeuvres shows they know that Lily, child that he is, is someone to whom they should show deference.
respira

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually at such high society events, everyone knows everyone else. Chancellors and CEO at least know *of* each other. Strange how no one batted an eyelash that these kids are invited to party at the devil's mansion or showed signs of curiosity or suspicion at these unknowns.
Vixine

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strix Varia wrote:
No face lost. Psychologically speaking, it was a good move. They are children who obviously didn't understand the rules. Nobody would think they were intentionally disrespecting the devil. He might have invited them specifically to be wild cards. Everyone at the party knows how powerful and ruthless the D-man can be when he wants his way but someone who is always ruthless is also predictable. Predictable people can be manipulated. This simple show of benevolence might have various effects on different people. It is a subtle way of saying that those people who the devil see's with favor will be treated well. It might loosen up the crowd and cause them to talk more openly. Happy people always spill more secrets than scared people. The more calculating people will spend the night wondering what new angle the devil is playing and be extra cautious to avoid falling into a trap, which will coincidently keep their own scheming to a minimum. Finally it shows that he has so much power that he doesn't need to concern himself with convincing other people that he has power.

Also we still don't know his long term goal is for this party. Remember when he told Blue that he needed generals for the upcoming war? This could simply be the first step in a long term plan. Meaning he might not even care about this part.

I too remember the Grand Galloping Gala.
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strix Varia wrote:
Also we still don't know his long term goal is for this party.

http://www.sinfest.net/view.php?date=2015-09-11

http://www.sinfest.net/view.php?date=2016-03-22

http://www.sinfest.net/view.php?date=2017-03-10

yes we do. its a trap for vainglorious.
Pedro_Martini

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D-man's looking mighty handsome here. *fans self*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: