Welcome to the Fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

September 1, 2017: The Ball 19

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AngelLilly

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject: September 1, 2017: The Ball 19 Reply with quote

enchantedsleeper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh... How did D-Man get up on that balcony all of a sudden? How much time passed between yesterday's strip and the one before?
Taemon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we'll see the full splendour of his shopping spree clothes on sunday? http://sinfest.net/view.php?date=2017-03-19
Because I'm a bit disappointed in the clothing department so far. Also his grand entrance isn't very grand. Make some waves, V!
Strix Varia

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I figured it out. The Butler killed Mr. Peacock in the dinning room with the candlestick!

((Old "Clue" reference))
HKVeteran

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh boy, here comes the showdown.
GreekPlayer64

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The peacock has walked right into the trap.

Now i wonder what our dman has planned for him. Or if vainglorious actually does come on top.
cleocatra

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooh the anticipa...
RaphEmer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

....SAY IT!......
Draculaura

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if d-man and vain

both got along

they'd probably smite me down by the end of the song

seems like the whole city goin gainst me

every time i'm in the street i hear

BOMF BOMF BOMF BOMF

(YAAAAAAA I AM LESBIAN)
MTGradwell

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreekPlayer64 wrote:
The peacock has walked right into the trap.

Now i wonder what our dman has planned for him.

My guess: a big revelation of the exact family relationship between himself, Vain, Lil'E and Lilith, with an account of what actually happened to Lilith in the end (assuming D-man knows), with the aim of bringing about a family reconciliation. That would be a suitably climactic resolution to the build-up, in my opinion.
mouse

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's not what we are going to get though. we are going to get d-man's attempt to cut VG down to size. the question is, how is he planning to fit lily into that? will it be part of a play to re-devilfy him?
Draculaura

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tat this better pop the fuck off i'm crumbling into dust over here

(YAAAAAAA I AM LESBIAN)
MTGradwell

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
that's not what we are going to get though. we are going to get d-man's attempt to cut VG down to size. the question is, how is he planning to fit lily into that? will it be part of a play to re-devilfy him?

Maybe something of both. D-man assembles the guests and tells them that the purpose of the party is to make an important announcement. He has a son, previously a secret, that he wants to acknowledge and make his heir. Vain is saying under his breath "I knew it! I knew it!!!" D-man strings V along for a while, before acknowledging Lil'e.

D-man won't re-devilfy Lil'E. Instead he'll attempt to make a reconciliation with him as he currently is. Something like "you used to hero-worship me, and your mother loved me. Maybe I haven't done enough to merit your hero-worship or your love, but for now I'll settle for your respect and your acknowledgment that you are my son and heir".
enchantedsleeper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MTGradwell wrote:
D-man won't re-devilfy Lil'E. Instead he'll attempt to make a reconciliation with him as he currently is. Something like "you used to hero-worship me, and your mother loved me. Maybe I haven't done enough to merit your hero-worship or your love, but for now I'll settle for your respect and your acknowledgment that you are my son and heir".

He's the Devil. Do we really think that something like that is in character for him? He'll either do nothing at all towards Li'l E, or he'll do something shitty.

I want a happy ending for Li'l E, but none of D-Man's actions at any point in the comic suggest that this is likely. I don't believe he would do that in private with no-one around, let alone in front of the most important assembled dignitaries in Sinfest.

My guess is that Li'l E is going to get caught in the middle between D-Man and Vain's petty beef, and maybe there'll be a situation where D-Man is forced to choose between helping/saving him (thus acknowledging that Li'l E is important to him) or leaving him to maintain his reputation. But I also think that if put in that situation, D-Man would choose the latter.
MTGradwell

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

enchantedsleeper wrote:
MTGradwell wrote:

He's the Devil. Do we really think that something like that is in character for him?

Absolutely! Making enticing offers is what he does. It's his job. In the very first strip he's manning his booth, with the words "Anything you want. $Your Soul" displayed above it. That's enough to entice Slick, who wasn't and isn't really a bad guy. It's enough to entice most people who think that they haven't got a soul, or that it has no great value.

In the Bible, when JC encounters the devil they don't have a bomfing competition. Rather, the devil says, "hey, I can offer you all the world's kingdoms. ALL of them. Are you really going to let those Romans crucify you, when I can make you their emperor? All you have to do is bow down and worship me". Is it really such a big stretch to go from that to "I can make you my heir. All you have to do is respect and acknowledge me"?

And it would be a real master-stroke, because Lil'E really wants a family life. he wants a father who respects him. And he wouldn't be acknowledging a lie, because big D really is his father. And as heir to all those poison-spewing weapons faactories and lying media and so on, maybe he could transform them all into forces for good, or at the very least shut them down. And that is how temptation works.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: