Welcome to the Fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

November 30, 2017: Literary Art 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Irinei

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: November 30, 2017: Literary Art 7 Reply with quote

"You need me! You created me! I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better"
Samuraiko

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And especially now with the whole 'novel' thing, I am reminded of the song "You're Nothing Without Me" from the CITY OF ANGELS musical.

You're nothing without me
Without me you'd just disappear
Right into thin air
And no one would care
Or notice you ever were here

A puppet, an upstart
A loser who's destined to fall
I'm everything you always wanted to be
Let's deal with the issue:
You wish you were me
You're nothing without me
Without me you're nothing at all
enchantedsleeper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... so much for reconciliation.

Now what?
Chronometry

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

enchantedsleeper wrote:

Now what?

Look forward to yet another week of strips where Sleaze makes Slick's life even worse than before by actively torpedoing all his relationships with absolutely no chance of retribution!

This poster is a white cismale heterosexual. Feel free to ignore him if he starts speaking nonsense.
Caimsen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chronometry wrote:
enchantedsleeper wrote:

Now what?

Look forward to yet another week of strips where Sleaze makes Slick's life even worse than before by actively torpedoing all his relationships with absolutely no chance of retribution!

Well, it cant get much worser. Monique doesnt like him or talk with him at all. On the other Hand she didnt blocked his Number until now....
I dont think he will go after Crimney, Squish or any other Person. And its not like Slick has any other Friends.

Sleaze will probably just ruin his Room with a few "Decorations". Probably he will make it look like his own Room and with Slicks Luck, Monique come by.
Onimaru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: November 30, 2017: Literary Art 7 Reply with quote

Irinei wrote:

"You need me! You created me! I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better"

I imagine that Sleaze would say this, as if saying he's somehow what Slick WISHES he could be.... But in reality Slick DIDN'T create Sleaze, he's the result of a 'BZOMF'. AKA, the direct result of a Devil Girl using her powers to 'Devilfy' an aspect of Slick and giving it it's own will and Free Agency.

And has since, because he's IN Slick's head, gone and acted on every single dark thought or impulse he has he SEEMS like he's part of Slick, but in truth he's not a part of Slick, but rather a manifestation of Evil Watching Slick's mind like a movie and then going out and doing whatever he pleases with it without consequence to himself.

This is of course my own interpretation, since Tat refuses to give us a solid answer on Sleazes true nature, after rereading all the comics to this point, an outside observer 'Acting' as if he's part of Slick seems far more reasonable than anything else.
mouse

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he is the mr. hyde to slick's dr. jekyll - all the evil impulses that existed (in a more-or-less controlled form) in the original man, but distilled off and freed from any governance. what would that be, raging id? (too long since i took psych 101).

hm...if sleaze is the evil part pulled off separate, would that mean current slick is, by default, a better person than he was before the split? but that seems a cheap way to improve oneself....(cheap in story-telling terms, it would probably cost you a fortune IRL).
Caimsen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
he is the mr. hyde to slick's dr. jekyll - all the evil impulses that existed (in a more-or-less controlled form) in the original man, but distilled off and freed from any governance. what would that be, raging id? (too long since i took psych 101).

hm...if sleaze is the evil part pulled off separate, would that mean current slick is, by default, a better person than he was before the split? but that seems a cheap way to improve oneself....(cheap in story-telling terms, it would probably cost you a fortune IRL).

As far as i remember it was that Slick got boomfed, but it was not the normal one. And his Shadow became alive. But Slick didnt changed at that Point.
KALXAK

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so.. it's somewhat like Fight Club?
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caimsen wrote:
As far as i remember it was that Slick got boomfed, but it was not the normal one. And his Shadow became alive. But Slick didnt changed at that Point.

http://www.sinfest.net/view.php?date=2012-04-01

not originally his shadow. his reflection, specifically. nique is the one who ended up with a devil shadow.

http://www.sinfest.net/view.php?date=2012-10-28

http://www.sinfest.net/view.php?date=2013-12-01

although at some point after demonique shows up, sleaze eventually gained the ability to manifest as a shadow - likely for parallels between slick/sleaze and nique/demonique to be more obvious?

but on the other hand ... even then, things are complicated since demonique originally represented aspects of nique that she hated about herself and needed to come to peace with and now mostly just kinda represents her anger she needs to keep under control? and then as for sleaze ... ehhh ... ehhh? i guess we're meant to assume that sleaze represents slicks harmful beliefs and/or impulses or something but even then... fuck i dont know...
The Victim Here

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Demonique was put to bed by Monique accepting that side of herself, then it could simply be a case that Slick's protesting that "Sleaze is not me, I'd never do that" is what's giving Sleaze more power. By refusing to accept the side of himself that would be repulsive to admit to, and working to correct it, he continues to do horrible things. It'd explain the "powering up" Sleaze got with the ability to step out of the mirror.

Although that apple could also have been important.
OlympianSoul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Miss Magenta"]
Caimsen wrote:

http://www.sinfest.net/view.php?date=2012-04-01

You know I wouldn't mind seeing that green demon again. She looks like a really cool character.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: