Welcome to the Fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

December 19, 2017: MMXVII 42
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Chronometry



Joined: 02 Mar 2016
Posts: 580
Location: Middle of Nowhere, England

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caimsen wrote:
Edit: Just a Question, but what is SWERF and TERF?


Sex-Worker Exclusionary Radical Feminism and Trans Exclusionary Radical Feminism, respectively.

You can probably guess what they entail just from the description.
_________________
And if there's a god, you'd better pray,
That this sleeping giant never wakes!


This poster is a white cismale heterosexual. Feel free to ignore him if he starts speaking nonsense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CopperRose



Joined: 19 Aug 2016
Posts: 162

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never got the anti-sex vibe from this arc at all. I see it as the Devil is using the sexuality of females to rope in males and exploit them (and their souls) with his products. Because sex sells and it’s pretty smart on his behalf. But, the Devil is evil so, the Bomf District isn’t going to be the Bunny Ranch. It’s going to be the worse of the worse. They barcoded the women and their lives are threaten by Pimpbot if they don’t comply. All the clientele are buttholes who cheat on their spouses, don’t tip and, see the woman as less than human. And although it might make you sick to your stomach as it comes across as an anti-sex message remember there’s some true to this.

Men and women are sold to sex slavery every day, they are force to have sex or entertain people against their will. Many sex workers are the victims of rape and murder and you have authority saying “well that’s what happens when you are in the life.” The “Just Leave” is easier said than done when you are beaten down and believe your pimp literately have your life in their hands. This hard to stare this situation in the face because we all want to believe as human beings that this isn’t happening. That we are better than this with our treatment with one another.

That’s what’s happening to these girls, the ugly truth is that sex work isn’t always empowering and glamourous. I know if you are a customer, you don’t want to think when you go to the strip club or get a call girl you are contributing to the problem. That she just took a bunch of drugs or drunk herself silly to get through her time with you. Or someone is behind her with a whip making her service you. It takes the sexiness away from it all unless you just don’t give a flip. And if you are sex worker you don’t want everyone thinking you were forced into it, hate your job and need to be rescued. I understand. We know not all customers are abusive buttholes. But, this story is about sex work gone wrong. If the Devil wasn’t running the place, it probably would have been more positive.
_________________
She works hard for the money.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CopperRose



Joined: 19 Aug 2016
Posts: 162

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caimsen wrote:
Chronometry wrote:


ugh

why has the word "daddy" become so sexualised?


Cause of the Internet. Things like "i call him Daddy", simular to the "chocke me harder". Weird stuff....


Pedro_Martini wrote:
OlympianSoul wrote:
You mean instantly with no warning?

Yeah. Slick was the one who dealt with the most shock of having his entire outlook turned around within a few days/weeks, I'd like to see how some characters would react if their life's focus was also rendered irrelevant (irrelevant being a relative term). Gender equality is an important issue, but certainly not the only one. If the focus switched to something like corporatism / totalitarianism / terrorism / even something ridiculous like an alien invasion, it would pull a lot of importance away from, say, the sisterhood and their fight. If Tat made someone else's problems bigger and more immediate, they'd have to accept the reality that something bigger than patriarchy needs to be solved sooner.


We indeed have much bigger Problems to deal with, then just Gender equality. But this Comis focuses now mainly around this and some simular Topics.
We had this Topic a few Times, but it allways stoped rather quick. Beside that, some of the real big Problems aren't even in our News here in Austria and we get normaly a good View what happens all around the World and not just Europe and north America. But the yearly hungercrisis in Africa doesnt sell so good in the News, so its just gets a few Articels here and there, if the Problems getrs really big.
And since we are at the Topic Gender equality. The Problems what we have here and what this would mean in some other Countrys. Sometimes it really lets the Problems here look rather laughable, compared too theirs. Of course we have some rather major Problems here too.



Get out of the Pimpbot and ask them Face to Face. Well, even then it wouldnt be easy for the Girls to say somethign different, since the Pimp didnt looked nice and friendly....



Edit: Just a Question, but what is SWERF and TERF?





Choke me, daddy?

(Sorry, I had to. Laughing It's so stupid.)
_________________
She works hard for the money.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OlympianSoul



Joined: 25 Nov 2017
Posts: 114

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CopperRose wrote:
Caimsen wrote:
Chronometry wrote:


ugh

why has the word "daddy" become so sexualised?


Cause of the Internet. Things like "i call him Daddy", simular to the "chocke me harder". Weird stuff....


Pedro_Martini wrote:
OlympianSoul wrote:
You mean instantly with no warning?

Yeah. Slick was the one who dealt with the most shock of having his entire outlook turned around within a few days/weeks, I'd like to see how some characters would react if their life's focus was also rendered irrelevant (irrelevant being a relative term). Gender equality is an important issue, but certainly not the only one. If the focus switched to something like corporatism / totalitarianism / terrorism / even something ridiculous like an alien invasion, it would pull a lot of importance away from, say, the sisterhood and their fight. If Tat made someone else's problems bigger and more immediate, they'd have to accept the reality that something bigger than patriarchy needs to be solved sooner.


We indeed have much bigger Problems to deal with, then just Gender equality. But this Comis focuses now mainly around this and some simular Topics.
We had this Topic a few Times, but it allways stoped rather quick. Beside that, some of the real big Problems aren't even in our News here in Austria and we get normaly a good View what happens all around the World and not just Europe and north America. But the yearly hungercrisis in Africa doesnt sell so good in the News, so its just gets a few Articels here and there, if the Problems getrs really big.
And since we are at the Topic Gender equality. The Problems what we have here and what this would mean in some other Countrys. Sometimes it really lets the Problems here look rather laughable, compared too theirs. Of course we have some rather major Problems here too.



Get out of the Pimpbot and ask them Face to Face. Well, even then it wouldnt be easy for the Girls to say somethign different, since the Pimp didnt looked nice and friendly....



Edit: Just a Question, but what is SWERF and TERF?





Choke me, daddy?

(Sorry, I had to. Laughing It's so stupid.)


In all fairness, it's become popular for women to be referred to as mommy, or mama, by their partners.
On that note
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_jcbz1fqdk
_________________
Honestly, when I first found this series, I thought it was about Fuchsia and Criminy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CopperRose



Joined: 19 Aug 2016
Posts: 162

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OlympianSoul wrote:
CopperRose wrote:
Caimsen wrote:
Chronometry wrote:


ugh

why has the word "daddy" become so sexualised?


Cause of the Internet. Things like "i call him Daddy", simular to the "chocke me harder". Weird stuff....


Pedro_Martini wrote:
OlympianSoul wrote:
You mean instantly with no warning?

Yeah. Slick was the one who dealt with the most shock of having his entire outlook turned around within a few days/weeks, I'd like to see how some characters would react if their life's focus was also rendered irrelevant (irrelevant being a relative term). Gender equality is an important issue, but certainly not the only one. If the focus switched to something like corporatism / totalitarianism / terrorism / even something ridiculous like an alien invasion, it would pull a lot of importance away from, say, the sisterhood and their fight. If Tat made someone else's problems bigger and more immediate, they'd have to accept the reality that something bigger than patriarchy needs to be solved sooner.


We indeed have much bigger Problems to deal with, then just Gender equality. But this Comis focuses now mainly around this and some simular Topics.
We had this Topic a few Times, but it allways stoped rather quick. Beside that, some of the real big Problems aren't even in our News here in Austria and we get normaly a good View what happens all around the World and not just Europe and north America. But the yearly hungercrisis in Africa doesnt sell so good in the News, so its just gets a few Articels here and there, if the Problems getrs really big.
And since we are at the Topic Gender equality. The Problems what we have here and what this would mean in some other Countrys. Sometimes it really lets the Problems here look rather laughable, compared too theirs. Of course we have some rather major Problems here too.



Get out of the Pimpbot and ask them Face to Face. Well, even then it wouldnt be easy for the Girls to say somethign different, since the Pimp didnt looked nice and friendly....



Edit: Just a Question, but what is SWERF and TERF?





Choke me, daddy?

(Sorry, I had to. Laughing It's so stupid.)


In all fairness, it's become popular for women to be referred to as mommy, or mama, by their partners.
On that note
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_jcbz1fqdk


I love Team Four Star! I remember that scene.
_________________
She works hard for the money.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Drooling Fan Grrl



Joined: 02 Feb 2015
Posts: 553

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't feel that Tat or the comic is SWERF oriented.

I think the portrayal of sex workers in the comic lacks nuance and the information that went into the creation of the characters seems to be based mostly on Pop Culture references.

I think the antagonism is directed mostly towards the fact that these women are sex workers because they don't seem to have any other choice. It's towards the coercive nature of their lives.

I love this comic, but there is just so much to it that the world building has loose threads EVERYWHERE.

We don't know how these women got where they are. I think they were just scenery that has been brought forward in the story, but I don't get a feeling that these characters have a past.

I kind of want to sit Tat down and have him watch Meet the Fokkens/ maybe?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nobody Important



Joined: 18 Jan 2016
Posts: 657

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OlympianSoul wrote:
In all fairness, it's become popular for women to be referred to as mommy, or mama, by their partners.
On that note
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_jcbz1fqdk


*Internal screaming intensifies*

CopperRose wrote:
I love Team Four Star! I remember that scene.


Me too! Here's one of my favorites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8veTLdwpIM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tyger42



Joined: 16 Jul 2009
Posts: 20
Location: Memphis, TN

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
sharkjack wrote:


Now, it could be that Tat hates sex workers and wishes for their suffering, but I doubt it.


SWERFiness is not about that. That's not swerfy. That's just whorephobia not attached to radical feminism.

SWERF is usually, almost entirely inescapably that if a woman is exercising her agency to participate in sex work for any reason she wants, she's exercising her agency wrong.


And that pretty much sums up why SWERF, in spite of what they call themselves, are the exact opposite of feminists... They're just as bad as any "A woman's place is in the kitchen!" misogynist.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
OlympianSoul



Joined: 25 Nov 2017
Posts: 114

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody Important wrote:
OlympianSoul wrote:
In all fairness, it's become popular for women to be referred to as mommy, or mama, by their partners.
On that note
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_jcbz1fqdk


*Internal screaming intensifies*

CopperRose wrote:
I love Team Four Star! I remember that scene.


Me too! Here's one of my favorites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8veTLdwpIM


Oh my gods lol.
You know, in one of their let's plays, they made majin vageta into midlife crises Vegeta.
_________________
Honestly, when I first found this series, I thought it was about Fuchsia and Criminy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nobody Important



Joined: 18 Jan 2016
Posts: 657

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OlympianSoul wrote:
Nobody Important wrote:
OlympianSoul wrote:
In all fairness, it's become popular for women to be referred to as mommy, or mama, by their partners.
On that note
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_jcbz1fqdk


*Internal screaming intensifies*

CopperRose wrote:
I love Team Four Star! I remember that scene.


Me too! Here's one of my favorites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8veTLdwpIM


Oh my gods lol.
You know, in one of their let's plays, they made majin vageta into midlife crises Vegeta.


I'm gonna have to see that one. They've also made short abridged clips of dragonball super. My favorite one is where goku and vegeta get fight counseling.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Strix Varia



Joined: 07 Feb 2016
Posts: 153
Location: State of confusion

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mommy and Daddy nicknames are certainly not a new thing. It was a common phrase in the song "Honky-Tonk Man" released in 1956.

Hey hey momma can yer daddy come home?
_________________
Drones are people too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Caimsen



Joined: 12 Jun 2014
Posts: 674
Location: The good old World

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chronometry wrote:
Caimsen wrote:
Edit: Just a Question, but what is SWERF and TERF?


Sex-Worker Exclusionary Radical Feminism and Trans Exclusionary Radical Feminism, respectively.

You can probably guess what they entail just from the description.


Thank you Smile


@CopperRose: Yes, exactly that. Good Job rofl


Tyger42 wrote:
Sam wrote:
sharkjack wrote:


Now, it could be that Tat hates sex workers and wishes for their suffering, but I doubt it.


SWERFiness is not about that. That's not swerfy. That's just whorephobia not attached to radical feminism.

SWERF is usually, almost entirely inescapably that if a woman is exercising her agency to participate in sex work for any reason she wants, she's exercising her agency wrong.


And that pretty much sums up why SWERF, in spite of what they call themselves, are the exact opposite of feminists... They're just as bad as any "A woman's place is in the kitchen!" misogynist.


I dont see why that became a bad thing. Women do belong to the Kitchen. Man belong to the Kitche and Children too. I mean, THERE IS FOOD IN THE KITCHEN! And why i am still not in the Kitchen?! *starts running* I get the Cookies.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mouse



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 21005
Location: under the bed

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strix Varia wrote:
The Mommy and Daddy nicknames are certainly not a new thing. It was a common phrase in the song "Honky-Tonk Man" released in 1956.

Hey hey momma can yer daddy come home?


i think it was the Roaring 20's when terms like "sugar daddy" and "red-hot mama" were popular. yeah, that sort of terminology goes back quite a ways.
_________________
aka: neverscared!
a flux of vibrant matter
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group