Welcome to the Fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

December 19, 2017: MMXVII 42
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chronometry

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caimsen wrote:
Edit: Just a Question, but what is SWERF and TERF?

Sex-Worker Exclusionary Radical Feminism and Trans Exclusionary Radical Feminism, respectively.

You can probably guess what they entail just from the description.

This poster is a white cismale heterosexual. Feel free to ignore him if he starts speaking nonsense.
CopperRose

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never got the anti-sex vibe from this arc at all. I see it as the Devil is using the sexuality of females to rope in males and exploit them (and their souls) with his products. Because sex sells and it’s pretty smart on his behalf. But, the Devil is evil so, the Bomf District isn’t going to be the Bunny Ranch. It’s going to be the worse of the worse. They barcoded the women and their lives are threaten by Pimpbot if they don’t comply. All the clientele are buttholes who cheat on their spouses, don’t tip and, see the woman as less than human. And although it might make you sick to your stomach as it comes across as an anti-sex message remember there’s some true to this.

Men and women are sold to sex slavery every day, they are force to have sex or entertain people against their will. Many sex workers are the victims of rape and murder and you have authority saying “well that’s what happens when you are in the life.” The “Just Leave” is easier said than done when you are beaten down and believe your pimp literately have your life in their hands. This hard to stare this situation in the face because we all want to believe as human beings that this isn’t happening. That we are better than this with our treatment with one another.

That’s what’s happening to these girls, the ugly truth is that sex work isn’t always empowering and glamourous. I know if you are a customer, you don’t want to think when you go to the strip club or get a call girl you are contributing to the problem. That she just took a bunch of drugs or drunk herself silly to get through her time with you. Or someone is behind her with a whip making her service you. It takes the sexiness away from it all unless you just don’t give a flip. And if you are sex worker you don’t want everyone thinking you were forced into it, hate your job and need to be rescued. I understand. We know not all customers are abusive buttholes. But, this story is about sex work gone wrong. If the Devil wasn’t running the place, it probably would have been more positive.
CopperRose

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caimsen wrote:
Chronometry wrote:

ugh

why has the word "daddy" become so sexualised?

Cause of the Internet. Things like "i call him Daddy", simular to the "chocke me harder". Weird stuff....

Pedro_Martini wrote:
OlympianSoul wrote:
You mean instantly with no warning?

Yeah. Slick was the one who dealt with the most shock of having his entire outlook turned around within a few days/weeks, I'd like to see how some characters would react if their life's focus was also rendered irrelevant (irrelevant being a relative term). Gender equality is an important issue, but certainly not the only one. If the focus switched to something like corporatism / totalitarianism / terrorism / even something ridiculous like an alien invasion, it would pull a lot of importance away from, say, the sisterhood and their fight. If Tat made someone else's problems bigger and more immediate, they'd have to accept the reality that something bigger than patriarchy needs to be solved sooner.

We indeed have much bigger Problems to deal with, then just Gender equality. But this Comis focuses now mainly around this and some simular Topics.
We had this Topic a few Times, but it allways stoped rather quick. Beside that, some of the real big Problems aren't even in our News here in Austria and we get normaly a good View what happens all around the World and not just Europe and north America. But the yearly hungercrisis in Africa doesnt sell so good in the News, so its just gets a few Articels here and there, if the Problems getrs really big.
And since we are at the Topic Gender equality. The Problems what we have here and what this would mean in some other Countrys. Sometimes it really lets the Problems here look rather laughable, compared too theirs. Of course we have some rather major Problems here too.

Get out of the Pimpbot and ask them Face to Face. Well, even then it wouldnt be easy for the Girls to say somethign different, since the Pimp didnt looked nice and friendly....

Choke me, daddy?

(Sorry, I had to. Laughing It's so stupid.)
OlympianSoul

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CopperRose wrote:
Caimsen wrote:
Chronometry wrote:

ugh

Cause of the Internet. Things like "i call him Daddy", simular to the "chocke me harder". Weird stuff....

Pedro_Martini wrote:
OlympianSoul wrote:

Yeah. Slick was the one who dealt with the most shock of having his entire outlook turned around within a few days/weeks, I'd like to see how some characters would react if their life's focus was also rendered irrelevant (irrelevant being a relative term). Gender equality is an important issue, but certainly not the only one. If the focus switched to something like corporatism / totalitarianism / terrorism / even something ridiculous like an alien invasion, it would pull a lot of importance away from, say, the sisterhood and their fight. If Tat made someone else's problems bigger and more immediate, they'd have to accept the reality that something bigger than patriarchy needs to be solved sooner.

We indeed have much bigger Problems to deal with, then just Gender equality. But this Comis focuses now mainly around this and some simular Topics.
We had this Topic a few Times, but it allways stoped rather quick. Beside that, some of the real big Problems aren't even in our News here in Austria and we get normaly a good View what happens all around the World and not just Europe and north America. But the yearly hungercrisis in Africa doesnt sell so good in the News, so its just gets a few Articels here and there, if the Problems getrs really big.
And since we are at the Topic Gender equality. The Problems what we have here and what this would mean in some other Countrys. Sometimes it really lets the Problems here look rather laughable, compared too theirs. Of course we have some rather major Problems here too.

Get out of the Pimpbot and ask them Face to Face. Well, even then it wouldnt be easy for the Girls to say somethign different, since the Pimp didnt looked nice and friendly....

Choke me, daddy?

In all fairness, it's become popular for women to be referred to as mommy, or mama, by their partners.
On that note
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_jcbz1fqdk
CopperRose

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OlympianSoul wrote:
CopperRose wrote:
Caimsen wrote:
Chronometry wrote:

ugh

Pedro_Martini wrote:
OlympianSoul wrote:

Choke me, daddy?

In all fairness, it's become popular for women to be referred to as mommy, or mama, by their partners.
On that note

I love Team Four Star! I remember that scene.
Drooling Fan Grrl

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't feel that Tat or the comic is SWERF oriented.

I think the portrayal of sex workers in the comic lacks nuance and the information that went into the creation of the characters seems to be based mostly on Pop Culture references.

I think the antagonism is directed mostly towards the fact that these women are sex workers because they don't seem to have any other choice. It's towards the coercive nature of their lives.

I love this comic, but there is just so much to it that the world building has loose threads EVERYWHERE.

We don't know how these women got where they are. I think they were just scenery that has been brought forward in the story, but I don't get a feeling that these characters have a past.

I kind of want to sit Tat down and have him watch Meet the Fokkens/ maybe?
Nobody Important

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OlympianSoul wrote:
On that note

*Internal screaming intensifies*

CopperRose wrote:

Me too! Here's one of my favorites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8veTLdwpIM
Tyger42

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
sharkjack wrote:

Now, it could be that Tat hates sex workers and wishes for their suffering, but I doubt it.

SWERFiness is not about that. That's not swerfy. That's just whorephobia not attached to radical feminism.

SWERF is usually, almost entirely inescapably that if a woman is exercising her agency to participate in sex work for any reason she wants, she's exercising her agency wrong.

And that pretty much sums up why SWERF, in spite of what they call themselves, are the exact opposite of feminists... They're just as bad as any "A woman's place is in the kitchen!" misogynist.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody Important wrote:
OlympianSoul wrote:
On that note

CopperRose wrote:

Oh my gods lol.
You know, in one of their let's plays, they made majin vageta into midlife crises Vegeta.
Nobody Important

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OlympianSoul wrote:
Nobody Important wrote:
OlympianSoul wrote:
On that note

CopperRose wrote:

Oh my gods lol.
You know, in one of their let's plays, they made majin vageta into midlife crises Vegeta.

I'm gonna have to see that one. They've also made short abridged clips of dragonball super. My favorite one is where goku and vegeta get fight counseling.
Strix Varia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mommy and Daddy nicknames are certainly not a new thing. It was a common phrase in the song "Honky-Tonk Man" released in 1956.

Hey hey momma can yer daddy come home?
Caimsen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chronometry wrote:
Caimsen wrote:

Sex-Worker Exclusionary Radical Feminism and Trans Exclusionary Radical Feminism, respectively.

You can probably guess what they entail just from the description.

Thank you Smile

@CopperRose: Yes, exactly that. Good Job rofl

Tyger42 wrote:
Sam wrote:
sharkjack wrote:

Now, it could be that Tat hates sex workers and wishes for their suffering, but I doubt it.

SWERFiness is not about that. That's not swerfy. That's just whorephobia not attached to radical feminism.

SWERF is usually, almost entirely inescapably that if a woman is exercising her agency to participate in sex work for any reason she wants, she's exercising her agency wrong.

And that pretty much sums up why SWERF, in spite of what they call themselves, are the exact opposite of feminists... They're just as bad as any "A woman's place is in the kitchen!" misogynist.

I dont see why that became a bad thing. Women do belong to the Kitchen. Man belong to the Kitche and Children too. I mean, THERE IS FOOD IN THE KITCHEN! And why i am still not in the Kitchen?! *starts running* I get the Cookies.
mouse

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strix Varia wrote:
The Mommy and Daddy nicknames are certainly not a new thing. It was a common phrase in the song "Honky-Tonk Man" released in 1956.

Hey hey momma can yer daddy come home?

i think it was the Roaring 20's when terms like "sugar daddy" and "red-hot mama" were popular. yeah, that sort of terminology goes back quite a ways.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: