Welcome to the Fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

December 22, 2017: MMXVII 45

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nobody Important

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: December 22, 2017: MMXVII 45 Reply with quote

Oh shit.
Mr Zero

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh the pimpbot actually (finally) did something pimp-like and wrong. Me, I would have just transferred her to some Christmas themed Retail Hell or something.
0z79

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See, if this were anything like real life, then cop-bot would appear and beat down pimp-bot, jail the girls and remind pimp-bot who makes the rules, and therefore deserves the biggest cut.

...also, there'd be no robots.
Strix Varia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect the ladies did actually willingly enter into a contract. In all the "deal with the devil" stories, the mortal has to be willing. They can be manipulated but it is still has to be willing. Legally speaking you don't get to say the contract no longer counts because "I don't like it anymore" or "I discovered there is a downside" Any good contract will have teeth if you break it. Unless you have enough power, influence, or wealth to not mind the penalties, breaking a contract is usually painful.

The situation is certainly not good or just. But it is probably legal according to Sinfest standards.
Lone_W_Hunt

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another perfectly good bot vs bot chance wasted.

...or maybe rogue fembot might bolt up and do something?
Leohan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting that she has a barcode and a sort of energy discharger in her back. If not for her eyes I would mistake her for a fembot.

Now featuring around 40 pages about non-sentient toasters
netsplit

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought first maybe the pain was the barcode being removed, like symbolizing liberation from being treated like a commodity. Real tattoos hurt to get removed, but the first frame shows it's a weapon. A torture device to symbolize actual violence because I don't think Tat really wants to draw her getting brutalized with fists.
CopperRose

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strix Varia wrote:
I suspect the ladies did actually willingly enter into a contract. In all the "deal with the devil" stories, the mortal has to be willing. They can be manipulated but it is still has to be willing. Legally speaking you don't get to say the contract no longer counts because "I don't like it anymore" or "I discovered there is a downside" Any good contract will have teeth if you break it. Unless you have enough power, influence, or wealth to not mind the penalties, breaking a contract is usually painful.

The situation is certainly not good or just. But it is probably legal according to Sinfest standards.

That's usually how it happens tales of the "deal/wager with the devil". People willingly make a deal thinking they'll getting a come up until the monkey paw affect happens. Then everyone wants out only to find there is no out. Except in cases like "The Devil and Daniel Webster" and "Devil Went Down to Georgia". It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out.
Onimaru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strix Varia wrote:

Actually no, and I can tell you why, in THIS instance at least. One she's not a Devil Girl, AKA she has NOT sold her Soul to the Devil yet. This is why her asking Abby for a new job was significant in that the Patreartrix tried to tell her she'd be condemning her to Hell. So she has, to the best of our knowledge by the Story already told, NOT entered into contract with the Devil.

Now, by her own admission, she told her story that she got involved in this world at 14, aka NOT a legal adult, so no matter what 'Contract' she might have signed with the BOMF District, she wouldn't have been able to under any concept of Law. So even in Sinfestverse, unless Legal age of Consent/or Adult status is damn near preteen, enforcing of said Contract would be in absolutely NO WAY legal.
Caimsen

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, thats a Dickmove.
Must be an Implat, since it looksl ike it is under the Skin. I guess Clio could disable it.
enchantedsleeper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Onimaru wrote:
Strix Varia wrote:

Actually no, and I can tell you why, in THIS instance at least. One she's not a Devil Girl, AKA she has NOT sold her Soul to the Devil yet. This is why her asking Abby for a new job was significant in that the Patreartrix tried to tell her she'd be condemning her to Hell. So she has, to the best of our knowledge by the Story already told, NOT entered into contract with the Devil.

Now, by her own admission, she told her story that she got involved in this world at 14, aka NOT a legal adult, so no matter what 'Contract' she might have signed with the BOMF District, she wouldn't have been able to under any concept of Law. So even in Sinfestverse, unless Legal age of Consent/or Adult status is damn near preteen, enforcing of said Contract would be in absolutely NO WAY legal.

Wait, is this definitely that same character? I thought she was just a random background girl, not related to the one we met before.

Edit: I stand corrected, it's definitely her. I never really noticed her eyebrow piercing before.
OlympianSoul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, jokes on pimp not, now it only has two command seals left... I'm sorry, I should explain; that was a reference to the fate anime where magi have three command seals they use to make historical/mythological figures do whatever they want.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: