Welcome to the Fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

12,017 / 12 / 24: MMXVII 47
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pedro_Martini

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject: 12,017 / 12 / 24: MMXVII 47 Reply with quote

It might just be perspective but the fembot on the right has really big feet.
Samuraiko

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cavalry has arrived...
Taemon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did MMXVII expect would happen? What a dumb move.
Argus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, she DOES kind of have an appointment with Death, and until then...

(sidetracked by another thought)
...a-a-and now this whole page seems like something out of Theo's mind, after his renouncement of The Pimp. Smile
Chronometry

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:40 am    Post subject: Re: 12,017 / 12 / 24: MMXVII 47 Reply with quote

Pedro_Martini wrote:
It might just be perspective but the fembot on the right has really big feet.

Someone had Kingdom Hearts on the brain while designing her chassis.

This poster is a white cismale heterosexual. Feel free to ignore him if he starts speaking nonsense.
OlympianSoul

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so that's the archer. Now all we need is the rider, the lancer, and the saber, then we'll have us a Holly grail war Very Happy
Hydro

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh hell yes
Onimaru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what happened between 'Headphones' Fembot and Sleaze? Did she get pulled away to this? Or are we going to get an aftermath shot of what she did? Either way I'm interested.

As for what's going on here, I don't know what to make of it, I mean I get that it's not really a place with the most 'upstanding of men' but the street was pretty crowded when 2017 first showed up and even accounting for people panicking and running away from Death or Pimpbot, you've GOT to have onlookers.

I get the message that women should stand united against Oppression and that's what we're seeing here, but are you telling me that EVERY man present watched these girls be threatened, tortured, and assaulted in the middle of the street and not one stepped in to say it's unacceptable or do anything? Come on Tat, there's Message and then there's just being insulting.
Taemon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I highly doubt any man (or many women) would step in in such a situation. Partly because of the bystander effect and partly because they are sex workers and I think you underestimate how much that strips one of humanity in other human's eyes. They are considered property, not employees.
Onimaru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's probably just me projecting again, Career Soldier Mentality, when you're trained to do something, surrounded by others who react and do something, and have BEEN in situations like this on deployment and you DID something, seeing it and realizing the 'logical answer' is that people wouldn't get involved feels wrong.

To not go into TOO much detail, in a rather bad part of town on one deployment, something very similar to this happened in what was still an amazing restaurant. A few 'girls' I won't disgust anyone here with just how much some of them were 'GIRLS' came over to try and 'entice' some of us out of our money. We categorically refused, their offers.... Handler didn't take the fact they didn't do their Job well enough and started in on them, you wanna talk surprised when he suddenly had a half dozen grown men between them and him, we took his ID and told him plainly that if he didn't get himself out of the city entirely we'd find his house, tie him to a chair and burn it down with him inside.

Did we save those girls from the life they were stuck in? No, did we do the right thing making a man abandon his life and live on the run fearful of angry soldiers burning him alive? Probably not. But we DID do something to prevent something WRONG right in front of our eyes, we did what we could given our situation.

I don't think it's impossible for ANY person, man or woman, to step in to do the right thing when something VERY wrong is going down right in front of them. [A note, we were unarmed, out of Uniform, and desperately outnumbered in a BAD part of town, doing what we did could have very easily got us killed. It's not like we were fully geared up with a Tank waiting outside.]

Last edited by Onimaru on Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total
HKVeteran

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merry Christmas! Your favorite feminist cartoonist gives you another exciting story about helpless damsels in distress being rescued by knights in shining armor. As a special holiday bonus, one of the damsels is old and about to die anyway, and the knights are all robots built like stereotypical females. Hope you enjoy!
Taemon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Onimaru wrote:
I don't think it's impossible for ANY person, man or woman, to step in to do the right thing when something VERY wrong is going down right in front of them. [A note, we were unarmed, out of Uniform, and desperately outnumbered in a BAD part of town, doing what we did could have very easily got us killed. It's not like we were fully geared up with a Tank waiting outside.]

Yeah, but you were trained to act, and not a customer of their services.

What's up with the scare quote stuff, man? They are women in a hard job, show some respect.
Onimaru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean scare quote? If you mean the part in [] I was simply stating that so that I wouldn't have to explain to someone after the fact. Like if someone's reply was for example.

"Yea it's EASY to step up and fight back when you've got a rifle and radio to call for back up. You were in no danger. These people are staring down a 50 Foot Death Bot!"

So the 'scare post' was simply me explaining that no we did not have full on soldier....

Fuck me, just realized you weren't talking to me.. But I'll leave that here in case someone does need it better explained. Razz
Taemon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was talking to you, and I meant the scare quotes in:

Onimaru wrote:
A few 'girls' I won't disgust anyone here with just how much some of them were 'GIRLS' came over to try and 'entice' some of us out of our money.

Why 'girls'? Why not girls? Were they made of plastic?
enchantedsleeper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Onimaru means that they were ladies of the night. So not actually girls, hence the quote marks, except he's also saying that some of them were girls.

To the comic, I will say: BAD. ASS.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: