Welcome to the Fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

December 31, 2017: MMXVII 54
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chuck The Jester

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject: December 31, 2017: MMXVII 54 Reply with quote

A beautiful thing.
Nobody Important

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good.
Foolish

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

took care of all those 'collateral damage bombing victims' from the previous thread
Imry

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh. Usually the countdown also shows when the old year dies, so I'm wondering like... did this also kill 2017 somehow? I'm guessing that she died/got mortally wounded in that attack on the 28th, but *shrugs and assumes that this'll be answered tomorrow*
kagalei

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That went way better then I expected.

Does this mean the Ms. 2017 gets to die a peaceful death unlike all her predecessors?
Onimaru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FML.... Fuck you Sinfest Physics... FUCK YOU!
OlympianSoul

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.........um, what?

Also, I love the art in this Very Happy
Onimaru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without going into TOO deep of a detail because it's a comic strip and 'Author Creative Licence' and I should be used to him playing fast and loose with shit just not making sense. So I will simply say, to the entire comic:

SHIT DON'T WORK LIKE THAT!!!
OlympianSoul

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Onimaru wrote:
Without going into TOO deep of a detail because it's a comic strip and 'Author Creative Licence' and I should be used to him playing fast and loose with shit just not making sense. So I will simply say, to the entire comic:

SHIT DON'T WORK LIKE THAT!!!

So she's never used that ability before?
Onimaru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, you're not getting my complaint so I'll detail it... Kindly, if I avoid losing my cool maybe it won't look like a rant.

Panel 2 Liftoff : That is a Missile, she is standing close enough to touch it, lift off should have incinerated her. This one is a small poke because MAYBE she stepped back like five feet and it still wouldn't matter but hey, whatever.

Panel 5 :05 Seconds : Note the DOWNWARD trajectory of the Missile problem 1. Note the fact that it has PIERCED the giant robot, problem 2 and I'll explain why, when a Missile is fired it is ARMED even with a time delay it's NEVER more than 30 seconds to target, and the trigger for the explosion is in the TIP, along with the Payload, the rest of the Missile is for propelling it and guidance systems, so the SECOND that hit his chest BOOM.

Panel 6 :04 Seconds : Back to Missile Problem 1 Downward trajectory, NOW note the almost 105 degree change of arc, at the SPEED something that size would have to be going to make that much of a trajectory TURN would need at BEST 500 meters, or much closer to 2 km. So by the time it managed to start to ascend from it's downward arc, the tip of the Missile would have been about 10 feet into the goddamned ground, and also would have taken MORE than 4 seconds to do so.

Instead we have a Missile that acts like a Cow Catcher, pulls an impossible turn in the span of 1 SECOND, then pulls the bot hundreds of feet into the air in the following 3 seconds to safely detonate away from everyone.

So my basic complaint is, when it was pointed out that this was a BAD idea to launch a MAJOR payload Missile into downtown to surgically strike one admittedly large Robot, we basically said, 'Tat this is wrong, I mean she's putting hundreds at risk just to take out Pimpbot, unless someone can guide him away from the city or something, that blowing up down town is going to kill EVERYONE.'

His reply is this comic, which basically amounts to, "NOPE, NOPE, NOPE!!! Magic Fairy Pixie Dust Power defies the laws of Physics, and Modern Weapon Design to make this a super safe fail proof plan of no one possibly getting hurt what so ever so you can't say the Fembot MIGHT be doing something wrong. NOPE NOPE NOPE!!"

And THAT is my general complaint.
Taemon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Onimaru said. That made no sense at all. But it's beautiful, just beautiful :-)
Onimaru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taemon wrote:
What Onimaru said. That made no sense at all. But it's beautiful, just beautiful Smile

I will admit, it's a pretty fucking way to end the year, it's a very NICE comic and hell if I'm not cheering for the triumph over the very shitty character that is Pimpbot.

Just my brain won't leave these kinds of things be.
Mr Zero

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Oni, at least the purple haired woman didn't launch herself onboard the missile at the giant robot at lightspeed.
Compared to that movie, this comic is as straightforward and intellectual as math.
OlympianSoul

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Onimaru wrote:
OK, you're not getting my complaint so I'll detail it... Kindly, if I avoid losing my cool maybe it won't look like a rant.

Panel 2 Liftoff : That is a Missile, she is standing close enough to touch it, lift off should have incinerated her. This one is a small poke because MAYBE she stepped back like five feet and it still wouldn't matter but hey, whatever.

Panel 5 :05 Seconds : Note the DOWNWARD trajectory of the Missile problem 1. Note the fact that it has PIERCED the giant robot, problem 2 and I'll explain why, when a Missile is fired it is ARMED even with a time delay it's NEVER more than 30 seconds to target, and the trigger for the explosion is in the TIP, along with the Payload, the rest of the Missile is for propelling it and guidance systems, so the SECOND that hit his chest BOOM.

Panel 6 :04 Seconds : Back to Missile Problem 1 Downward trajectory, NOW note the almost 105 degree change of arc, at the SPEED something that size would have to be going to make that much of a trajectory TURN would need at BEST 500 meters, or much closer to 2 km. So by the time it managed to start to ascend from it's downward arc, the tip of the Missile would have been about 10 feet into the goddamned ground, and also would have taken MORE than 4 seconds to do so.

Instead we have a Missile that acts like a Cow Catcher, pulls an impossible turn in the span of 1 SECOND, then pulls the bot hundreds of feet into the air in the following 3 seconds to safely detonate away from everyone.

So my basic complaint is, when it was pointed out that this was a BAD idea to launch a MAJOR payload Missile into downtown to surgically strike one admittedly large Robot, we basically said, 'Tat this is wrong, I mean she's putting hundreds at risk just to take out Pimpbot, unless someone can guide him away from the city or something, that blowing up down town is going to kill EVERYONE.'

His reply is this comic, which basically amounts to, "NOPE, NOPE, NOPE!!! Magic Fairy Pixie Dust Power defies the laws of Physics, and Modern Weapon Design to make this a super safe fail proof plan of no one possibly getting hurt what so ever so you can't say the Fembot MIGHT be doing something wrong. NOPE NOPE NOPE!!"

And THAT is my general complaint.

Sorry for not getting it the first time, I'm not really good at picking up what people are talking about.

In all honesty though, it is an oddly satisfying ending, and Tat out did him self on the art work. It does feel like an exmachina though, but that was probably unavoidable.

Last edited by OlympianSoul on Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Caimsen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kagalei wrote:
That went way better then I expected.

Does this mean the Ms. 2017 gets to die a peaceful death unlike all her predecessors?

I think one of the first Years just went with him. Got to look that up.

@Onimaru: Well, Tat doesnt want to make the Comic so realistic that somebody really dies. Exept the Year Incarnation and that one Assasinbot. Wait, didnt they find her Memorycard later and resuracted her?

Well, you cant say that she was saved in the last Second.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: