Welcome to the Fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So what's been going on?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DragonFruit

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:26 pm    Post subject: So what's been going on? Reply with quote

Let's see, well I suppose you can consider me part of the old guard, the ones who read the old sinfest prior to the huge story shift and then kind of left, not necessarily into exile or exodus but more into stasis. Well I've come back every now and then and this is the first time I post to the forum so I suppose I want help. Now I could spin a thread but I'll be blunt, what's going on?
I've been away from the story far too long, maybe because I couldn't connect to it but now I just want to know a little more. What's been going on with it, what happened to Slick to Monique to Lil E?
And I suppose this is more of an idealistic thought but will the author, the creator, our God speak to us? It's been so long since he's spoken, the last post was in 2014 and he's reclusive. I just wish he would talk to us. Don't you?
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slick, monique and li'l e are all still around - its just that there are just so many characters now that they appear sporadically at best. im not sure where you last left off so im not sure how much to summarize for you but here's what those specific three are all up to right nww.

slick's currently trying to figure out a way to defeat or otherwise neutralize sleaze, his demonic alter/reflection.

nique's not really up to much. last seen wandering around sinfest city with her young fangirl, miko. not sure what her current subplot is? she's got a girlfriend, abby.

li'l e is an amnesiac, trying to figure out his place in the world and dealing with the emotional responses to repressed memories, but has found a surrogate sister in tange.

yeah a few of us have mentioned we wish tat would give more insight upon occasion but the chances of that happening are really slim.
DragonFruit

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
slick, monique and li'l e are all still around - its just that there are just so many characters now that they appear sporadically at best. im not sure where you last left off so im not sure how much to summarize for you but here's what those specific three are all up to right nww.

slick's currently trying to figure out a way to defeat or otherwise neutralize sleaze, his demonic alter/reflection.

nique's not really up to much. last seen wandering around sinfest city with her young fangirl, miko. not sure what her current subplot is? she's got a girlfriend, abby.

li'l e is an amnesiac, trying to figure out his place in the world and dealing with the emotional responses to repressed memories, but has found a surrogate sister in tange.

yeah a few of us have mentioned we wish tat would give more insight upon occasion but the chances of that happening are really slim.

Ah, cool. Yeah I left way way back, I think the story shifted round 2011 so around 2014 I left. Things changed a lot, I'm not sure how to feel.
Drooling Fan Grrl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hon, your best bet is to start where ever you want to and read. If it works for you, yay! If it doesn't, too bad. You could start a "Dragonfruit reads the archive thread over in another forum, or in this one forum do a massive wake up of the old threads... Does the phrase "toaster thread" mean anything to you?
Taemon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drooling Fan Grrl wrote:
Hon, your best bet is to start where ever you want to and read. If it works for you, yay! If it doesn't, too bad. You could start a "Dragonfruit reads the archive thread over in another forum, or in this one forum do a massive wake up of the old threads... Does the phrase "toaster thread" mean anything to you?

I think "Dragonfruit reads the archive" would be a great thread! In the LotR-newsgroup there once was someone who read the books for the first time and shared their impressions with us. It was great.
Zhuinden

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick recap from. 2012-01-01:

- lil e fell into the lethe and is this cute kid who cries when anyone mentions a party because his "friends" never showed up because he is half devil
- some catholic chick got bomfed info a devil girl then fell into the lethe and is now known as "tange" who hangs out with lil e

- Seymour is into Jesus erotica and is otherwise preachy

- Slick got bomfed in like 2012 which makes his dark side manifest as "Sleaze" which prevents him from any character development and makes him into an antagonist whenever convenient

- Monique went full lesbo and is dating a green devil girl named Absinthe

- there is a new devil called Vainglorious who does... Something

- criminy and fuchsia are still painting each other and whatever every now and then, fuchsia cannot get into the reality zone

Lil'e 's mother was a witch and she was called Lilith, the devil abandoned her

- there was a fem robot uprising

- the patriarchy and men are evil, the sisterhood is great

- this last week. There was a party

- now freedom bot exploded

Welcome to 2018
Taemon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ that wasn't completely accurate.
Nobody Important

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much what Zhuinden said except for a few things.

Zhuinden wrote:

I think it's more likely that she's bi/pansexual actually. Society doesn't seem to acknowledge our existence most of the time.

Zhuinden wrote:
- there is a new devil called Vainglorious who does... Something

He seems to have some sort of agenda but most of the time he's just goes around being his cute sexy self.

Zhuinden wrote:
- the patriarchy and men are evil, the sisterhood is great

Tat is probably trying to send the message that men are brainwashed into being aggressive assholes and how dangerous that is for women in particular. At times he's too heavy handed with the message and it come's off as man-hating so you're not completely wrong unfortunately.

Last edited by Nobody Important on Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:57 am; edited 2 times in total
OlympianSoul

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Nobody Important"]Pretty much what Zhuinden said except for a few things.

Zhuinden wrote:

I think it's more likely that she's bi/pansexual actually. Society doesn't seem to acknowledge our existence most of the time.

To be honest, I allways saw it as Abby being gay, and Nique being bi
d5xtgr

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zhuinden wrote:
the patriarchy and men are evil, the sisterhood is great

Nobody Important wrote:
At times he's too heavy handed with the message and it come's off as man-hating so you're not completely wrong unfortunately.

Are you so sure the man-hating isn't actually the message? There's been quite a few strips this past year that point that way: recent years' incarnations of Father Time have been "male" because they leave a mess, Kate's mansion is a haven because "naturally, there are no men here", this year's incarnation of Father Time is a woman because it was a good year, "the future is female," etc.

At what point does somebody just acknowledge, okay - turns out Sinfest's worldview isn't actually any more complex than "men bad, women good" - but I don't read webcomics for philosophy lessons, so Tat can write it that way and I'll still read it. There's no need to pretend it's a profound and nuanced view which we just misunderstand due to a heavy-handed approach.
Chuck The Jester

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I just wish he would talk to us.

I'd love to see The Resistance make a comeback. It would be timely.
starkruzr

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's kind of telling that the only good straight (?) male I can immediately think of in this strip is The Cartoonist.

ETA: five minutes later I remembered Crim, but we haven't seen him in what feels like years? Also he might be ace, so idk.
OlympianSoul

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

starkruzr wrote:
It's kind of telling that the only good straight (?) male I can immediately think of in this strip is The Cartoonist.

ETA: five minutes later I remembered Crim, but we haven't seen him in what feels like years? Also he might be ace, so idk.

To be honest, it feels like Crims been relegated to nothing more then Fuchsias boyfriend, and the occasional Mr.fanservice
Argus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, people have summed it up pretty neatly. Smile A few more points:

- In addition to what was said about Lil'E and Tange, they have been generally walking around causing chaos, shoplifting and breaking people out of jail, due to their unique amnesiac "perspective" on life (oblivious, mostly). They've met the Devil at his fancy party and caused more chaos. The Devil seems to like them.
In short, wherever they go, hilarity ensues.

- There's a witch named Kate with a fancy cottage in the forest. She and Lilith AND Nana all went to school together.

- Slick and Squigley got a job. As cogs in the machine at one of the Devil's factories. Squig is taking every opportunity to fool around at work. AND he suggests that the way for Slick to get rid of Sleaze is to Bro-Hug-His-Dark-Side. As of now, Sleaze is still in the lead.

- Miko (Monique's fangirl) and Theo (The Cartoonist's fanboy) are good buddies. Theo has rejected The Pimp.

- The slaver-pimp-bot was just blown up. Yay.

- Uncle Sam is a colossal raging dangerous manchild.

- The Eastern Dragon periodically topples over the Devil's factories. With frightening efficiency.

- Xanthe (the Sisterhood's Face) likes pumpkin spice lattes. And generally behaves goofy, when not fighting the Patriarchy (which she thinks is never). Nana sees through it, and is amused.

- The Sisterhood actually wasn't focused on much lately. Except for the Youngest Sister getting a hoverboard from Tess.

- Monique has shown that she kinda misses her friendship with Slick and Squig. Once. A little bit. When browsing social networks in the solitude and safety of her computer. She even used that feeling to appease her own Dark Side, which was starting to rage over Internet comments.

Quote:
fuchsia cannot get into the reality zone

She's training for it, though. With some success.
Pedro_Martini

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

starkruzr wrote:

I thought he was saving himself for marriage.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: