Welcome to the Fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

January 12, 2018: MMXVIII 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... also it would mean that fuchsia, referred to as a lesbian in multiple strips, didnt leave her girlfriend for a man... because criminy would also be a girl...

also: literally JUST mentioned li'l e and francis, and criminy isnt more of an ally than they are
Nobody Important

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
... also it would mean that fuchsia, referred to as a lesbian in multiple strips, didnt leave her girlfriend for a man... because criminy would also be a girl...

also: literally JUST mentioned li'l e and francis, and criminy isnt more of an ally than they are

Oh sorry, didn't notice the last sentence of your paragraph there with that gigantic bass-boosted call for Criminy to be trans.

Anyway I wish there was a male ally character who was more explicit about their allyness.

Edit: Made words bigger.

Last edited by Nobody Important on Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love the fact that you described it as bass-boosted ... its not literally bass-boosted but if it were verbal i really wish itd be bass-boosted

also i agree. the closest we got was slick, but we uh, we saw how that kind of turned out? i want someone who is GENUINE and vocal about their opinions would be good. crim, li'l e, and francis are all genuine ... but none of them are really vocal about the issues at hand. francis comes the closest to being vocal about it, but he's still sort of short. hhhrhrghgh tat please ur killin me here
OlympianSoul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
i love the fact that you described it as bass-boosted ... its not literally bass-boosted but if it were verbal i really wish itd be bass-boosted

also i agree. the closest we got was slick, but we uh, we saw how that kind of turned out? i want someone who is GENUINE and vocal about their opinions would be good. crim, li'l e, and francis are all genuine ... but none of them are really vocal about the issues at hand. francis comes the closest to being vocal about it, but he's still sort of short. hhhrhrghgh tat please ur killin me here

To be honest, I think it would be better for Crim to be sort of in the middle. You know, like a person who ways the pros and cons of both sides, and allows for a mature, and effective ddialogue to be formed that doesn't end with one side demonizing the other
Nobody Important

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:

I do love bass-boosted memery.

Miss Magenta wrote:

This exactly. I keep forgetting about the male allies in sinfest (besides Criminy) because they're so painfully non-vocal and unpresent.
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OlympianSoul wrote:
Miss Magenta wrote:

To be honest, I think it would be better for Crim to be sort of in the middle. You know, like a person who ways the pros and cons of both sides, and allows for a mature, and effective ddialogue to be formed that doesn't end with one side demonizing the other

... HOW IS THAT AT ALL DIFFERENT FROM WHAT WE'RE SUGGESTING LOL
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMPLYING BEING A FEMINIST OR A MALE ALLY MEANS YOU CAN'T DO ANY OF THOSE THINGS??????????????????????????????????????????
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyways crim is a trans lesbian, li'l e and francis are gay male allies, and if slick ever gets sleaze taken care of he could become the straight male ally he wants to be
Caimsen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
anyways crim is a trans lesbian

Pardon but, what?! O_o
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have eyes and can read. the rest of this thread is like... right there
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but like just to recap real quick

Miss Magenta wrote:
pretty interesting how it's only a character established as being a lesbian for years developing romantic feelings for a man suddenly makes her contemplate good, freedom, and often times forgetting about and ignoring her female lover and best friend - pretty interesting how fuchsia - again, a character established as a lesbian for years until this point [...]

Miss Magenta wrote:
    - blue and fuchsia's relationship was flawed because tat was homophobic and lesbophobic, as he has admitted before in-comic.
    - nique and abby's relationship being portrayed as flawless is likely an attempt to atone for his mistakes and trying not to repeat them.
    - also its my lesbian opinion either it was compulsory heterosexuality and therefore fuchsia and criminy's romantic relationship is doomed for failure, or criminy's a closeted trans girl.

Miss Magenta wrote:
pretty interesting how tat never used (or uses) those terms in reference to fuchsia or any other character it could reasonably be applied to? even after he's started educating himself more on these kinds of issues? and what kinds of issues do you think this lack of clarification loops back into? and why do you think a lesbian would be upset that a character is ONLY referred to as a lesbian - not as being bi, not as being pan, not as being het, specifically referred to as being a lesbian multiple times - only for that character to fall in love with another that is canonically a man? what implications do you think there is in the concept of a character that is explicitly referred to a lesbian, and nothing else, finding a happier life in a heterosexual relationship versus her old lesbian relationship? what implications does this have on the artists view of lesbians? or better yet, the implications of the entire dynamic between blue and fuchsia - and their servitude towards the devil - before criminy's intervention?

yes, fuchsia could be bi or pan. but has she ever been referred to as such, versus all the times she's been referred to as a lesbian? and if it happened, would this suddenly fix everything wrong with how tat handled her character or her relationships in his ignorance? and will that suddenly fix all the hurt ive personally felt because of the way tat has handled lesbian characters and lesbian relationships? nique and abby being portrayed as flawless isn't going to make those problems or grievances go away! suddenly revealing that fuchsia is bi or pan isn't suddenly going to fix everything either! hell, i doubt breaking up crim and fyoosh and revealing it was compulsory heterosexuality would fix anything.

although revealing crim is a trans girl would make me personally feel a whole lot better about the whole mess.

Miss Magenta wrote:
ANYWAYS TRANS GIRL CRIMINY ARC NOW

Nobody Important wrote:
[...] it'd feel good to have some representation and confirmation that Tat doesn't dislike trans folk. [...]

Miss Magenta wrote:

crim is detached from masculinity and shows no interest in it, but is interested in fuchsia. fuchsia knows that crim is detached from masculinity, hence her painting today.

option one: criminy is agender. possible, but that's not what im talking about here.

or option two: criminy is a trans lesbian.

in that case, either crim is a closeted trans woman and lesbian ... and has been the entire time but fuchsia is the only one who knows currently ... or he's currently an egg (slang for someone who doesn't yet realize they are a trans woman, or hasn't transitioned yet) and tat could do an entire arc about how crim is detached from masculinity, that culminates in him coming out as a woman. (hence my "trans girl crim arc now" comment)

so there you go. recap and explanation on that comment and why i said it
Nobody Important

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
crim is detached from masculinity and shows no interest in it, but is interested in fuchsia. fuchsia knows that crim is detached from masculinity, hence her painting today.

option one: criminy is agender. possible, but that's not what im talking about here.

or option two: criminy is a trans lesbian.

in that case, either crim is a closeted trans woman and lesbian ... and has been the entire time but fuchsia is the only one who knows currently ... or he's currently an egg (slang for someone who doesn't yet realize they are a trans woman, or hasn't transitioned yet) and tat could do an entire arc about how crim is detached from masculinity, that culminates in him coming out as a woman. (hence my "trans girl crim arc now" comment)

I'm not sure if Criminy's trans or not (there are gender non-conforming men out there and also Fuchsia could be bi/pan and representation there would be nice as well) but the more I think about it the more I'd like it to be true. It'd be interesting if he turned out to be non-binary or agender if not trans. Also it's coincidental that I just learned about the egg slang days ago and then I see it here.
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i mean, there definitely are non-conforming men! so thats totally possible. but it is also interesting is fuchsia depicting him leading that group of men to a "gender-free paradise" ... which could indicate that hes agender, or otherwise NB

but my lesbian ass really wants him to be a lesbian - whether it be as an openly he/him soft butch lesbian, or a closeted lesbian who just hasn't started publicly going by her preferred pronouns, or just an egg who hasn't started transitioning yet. i only thought of it a while ago while really upset with the crim/fyoosh arc and now im just so attached that i really want it to be true
OlympianSoul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
IMPLYING BEING A FEMINIST OR A MALE ALLY MEANS YOU CAN'T DO ANY OF THOSE THINGS??????????????????????????????????????????

In terms of the comic, it kinda does.
To me it kinda feels like sinfests version of feminism is very "either your with us or against us", and doesn't leave much room for debate. Take for example the fact that a majority of the women the sisterhood come into contact with tend to area with them without question, and that everyone who identifies as a feminist share the same idea of what feminism is about when in real life that's far from the case.
I just think the comic would benefit greatly if it had a character who didn't agree with either side, but, at the same time, took into account both sides opinion in order to develop their own idea on the matter at hand.
I'm probably being more confusing then I mean to. Sorry, I'm not very good at getting my thoughts out to others
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OlympianSoul wrote:
In terms of the comic, it kinda does.

no, no it does not.

OlympianSoul wrote:
I just think the comic would benefit greatly if it had a character who didn't agree with either side,

you do realize that the feminist characters goals AND beliefs are "women and men should be equal and treated equal" and "men should not treat women in an unjust manner"

(aside from li'l sis, Who Is A Child, and an angry one - and demonique/nique's inner rage, who she has gotten into disagreements about this with before)

so you do realize what "not agreeing with" that means, right

um, lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: