Welcome to the Fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

January 16, 2018: MMXVIII 8
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chronometry

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:46 am    Post subject: January 16, 2018: MMXVIII 8 Reply with quote

Can you really call it a trophy if you didn't go out and get it yourself, Hekate?

Because really all you did is the magical equivalent of putting a request up on the local bulletin board.

This poster is a white cismale heterosexual. Feel free to ignore him if he starts speaking nonsense.
Draculaura

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

issa metaphor

anyway you don't take down all the tree decorations until at least valentine's, poncho. jeez.

Tengo que ir a la tienda a comprar mantequilla y queso.
Caimsen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draculaura wrote:
issa metaphor

anyway you don't take down all the tree decorations until at least valentine's, poncho. jeez.

Normaly we put it down at the 6th of Jannuar.
OlympianSoul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possible scenario

Poncho bot: Ma'am, there's some guy with winged sandals turning the robot head into a tree fort.

Hekate: Dang it Hermes, you know I called dibs

Hermes, in the head: There is no Hermes only Zule.

I don't know why I thought of this. I just know that I am running on very little sleep.
Vixine

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 to "Lady you were barely involved in this situation whatsoever, that ain't your trophy".
d5xtgr

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm reminded of this comic from a year ago, where Violet purported to claim the Uncle-Sam robot kill (accidentally set to self-destruct by a bomfed MMXVI) for the Sisterhood, who had basically zero to do with the situation.

kagalei

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it is on her property and I doubt D-man is going to demand it back... Though, that can't be good for the tree.
OlympianSoul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

d5xtgr wrote:
I'm reminded of this comic from a year ago, where Violet purported to claim the Uncle-Sam robot kill (accidentally set to self-destruct by a bomfed MMXVI) for the Sisterhood, who had basically zero to do with the situation.

Well look on bright side. Unlike these two Hekate isn't a future serial killer, and doesn't have a personality that can be compared to cardboard Very Happy
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tess has never done anything wrong in her life, how dare you
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also lil sis is literally only an overzealous child who wants to be on the same level as her older peers while understanding complex issues and nuance less than them because she's, get this, a child ... which is just how all children are; so really not liking the insinuation that just because she's an aggressive overzealous child means that she MUST be a future serial killer cuz honestly thats just fuckin stupit
OlympianSoul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
also lil sis is literally only an overzealous child who wants to be on the same level as her older peers while understanding complex issues and nuance less than them because she's, get this, a child ... which is just how all children are; so really not liking the insinuation that just because she's an aggressive overzealous child means that she MUST be a future serial killer cuz honestly thats just fuckin stupit

And that excuses her from being violent, and bratty?
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

obviously not. i never said it did. but again, she's a child? children are not static monolithic creatures that stay the same their whole lives. what, you think a child is going to be a paragon of goodness and nuanced understanding of complex issues theyre only just now starting to learn about???? or that being a child aware of these issues and naturally frustrated with them and wanting to do something, anything, to help her older peers combat them, despite not having a complex understanding of them, means obviously she's a future serial killer??? get a grip, man. she's a child. what an ass-backwards and fucking stupit assertion to make.

and in either case, she's one of the few characters consistently treated like a joke. and if you really wanna act like her behavior actually matters, lets keep in mind that she's the Well-Intentioned Extremist(tm) who wants do what she thinks is right, based on a childs understanding of complex issues, often held back by her older peers. and like... she's being trained personally by nana, one of the kindest and sweetest characters in the comic? you really think that a) its impossible for her to, well, MATURE as she grows older??? or b) that nana would ever let her become someone like that?

god.
Caimsen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Hekate is a Titan, who joined the greek Gods. Since they where not really nice i guess she has one or two kills on her Scoreboard too.

Lil Sis may be a Child, but bit that attetude, i dont want to know what happens whe she becomes a Teenager. Maybe she will calm down, but i wouldnt bet on it.
Guess she would have to fall on her Nose, otherwise she wouldnt change. People just change when its needed. Or something big happens to them. But we will see. Beside, we have allready more then enough Plots and shouldnt force Tat to make more Story, when the old ones are so far away from being finished.
OlympianSoul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
obviously not. i never said it did. but again, she's a child? children are not static monolithic creatures that stay the same their whole lives. what, you think a child is going to be a paragon of goodness and nuanced understanding of complex issues theyre only just now starting to learn about???? or that being a child aware of these issues and naturally frustrated with them and wanting to do something, anything, to help her older peers combat them, despite not having a complex understanding of them, means obviously she's a future serial killer??? get a grip, man. she's a child. what an ass-backwards and fucking stupit assertion to make.

and in either case, she's one of the few characters consistently treated like a joke. and if you really wanna act like her behavior actually matters, lets keep in mind that she's the Well-Intentioned Extremist(tm) who wants do what she thinks is right, based on a childs understanding of complex issues, often held back by her older peers. and like... she's being trained personally by nana, one of the kindest and sweetest characters in the comic? you really think that a) its impossible for her to, well, MATURE as she grows older??? or b) that nana would ever let her become someone like that?

god.

Look, you clearly like the character, and that's fine. We both have our own opinions, and we both feel differently about this character.
No, I don't really think she'll grow up to be a future serial killer, I was joking when I posted that, but I do think her personality, and violent attitude should be called out on
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saying i like her is honestly an overstatement cuz really, i don't really give a shit about her as a character and the characters i actually like right now are Not That Many. but ive been tired of folks waltzing in and making dumbass assertions about the sisterhood or making wild, unfounded assumptions about what they'll do or be in the future for dumbass arbitrary reasons for 5 yrs now - and your comment was stupid as hell.

also it makes me mad as hell when people are being obtuse dumbfucks about kids, whether they're fictional or not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: