Welcome to the Fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

March 16, 2018: Power of Imagination 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pedro_Martini

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KALXAK wrote:
As I said earlier, at least where I live, drug dealers sell weed as the "entry drug", mostly to middle class to rich white people, that re-sell them on unis and so on.

Not making up for the other problems you mentioned, but I seen weed used as an exit drug as well, both from recovering abusers and an escape from the type of lifestyle you later described (a way up and out, not a distraction). It can really go both ways for people in terms of health and the community surrounding it.
Sam

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

0z79 wrote:
I am so very, very glad to live in Washington State. Completely legal here, you actually see billboards for the biggest dispensaries in the area. "Royal's Cannabis: For Your Highness".

yeah and every time i visit colorado i get to see how much of a total lawless drug-fueled anarchy it has become, all rife with crime and degeneracy

o wait no it was actually that crime took a nosedive and there's less incentive to have for profit prisons and there's a billions more dollars for schools
mouse

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh sam - there you go again, ruining a perfectly good story with your silly 'facts'.
KALXAK

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pedro_Martini wrote:
KALXAK wrote:
As I said earlier, at least where I live, drug dealers sell weed as the "entry drug", mostly to middle class to rich white people, that re-sell them on unis and so on.

Not making up for the other problems you mentioned, but I seen weed used as an exit drug as well, both from recovering abusers and an escape from the type of lifestyle you later described (a way up and out, not a distraction). It can really go both ways for people in terms of health and the community surrounding it.

Hm, I never heard of that... interesting! Do you have any articles saying more about how that works and in which places/communities/countries? Just as a starter. I might look about how that happens (if happens) where I live. I believe it, thought. Marijuana is even better than cigarretes, healthwise. And some people like to say it doesn't cause dependency but... that ain't exactly true. I think it's just not as bad as other drugs, but that would depend on the mixture it's selled to you - unless you plant it yourself - cause some dealers do mix pot with other stuff that's cheaper to make more profit. I did heard tho that it's just not legal in most places (yet) because it helps you to relax, not to work... which, well, goes against our capitalist, profit-addicted, consume-driven society. But I digress. Anyways, thanks for the add up.
Pedro_Martini

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KALXAK wrote:
Hm, I never heard of that... interesting! Do you have any articles saying more about how that works and in which places/communities/countries? Just as a starter. I might look about how that happens (if happens) where I live. I believe it, thought. Marijuana is even better than cigarretes, healthwise. And some people like to say it doesn't cause dependency but... that ain't exactly true. I think it's just not as bad as other drugs, but that would depend on the mixture it's selled to you - unless you plant it yourself - cause some dealers do mix pot with other stuff that's cheaper to make more profit. I did heard tho that it's just not legal in most places (yet) because it helps you to relax, not to work... which, well, goes against our capitalist, profit-addicted, consume-driven society. But I digress. Anyways, thanks for the add up.

There are numerous articles on the subject via google search, and a few papers on cannabis' use as a substitution for harder drugs or to self-medicate withdrawals such as this one. As for escaping from the lifestyle, I only have what I've seen in front of me, but a few people I know have made it a kind of step1 for getting out of the communities surrounding other drugs trades. Can't speak for anywhere else, but where I live people who deal/use more potent drugs like coke and MDMA tend to be more violent and dangerous then regular stoners. Add to that weed's less intense effects and lower cost; cannabis is the lesser of two evils for a lot of the people who live around me.

Also "cutting" (mixing with cheaper/addictive stuff) is often spoke of and spat at. Anyone who gets accused of it tends to go out of favor pretty quick, or even out of business. Of course they all could be doing it behind backs, but I think because of the stigma a lot of dealers believe it's safer not to try their luck. At least with weed, where the lower price means it hardly makes a difference.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: