Welcome to the Fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hate.. on the rise.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tewnn

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 11:33 pm    Post subject: Hate.. on the rise. Reply with quote

It just seems like everyone on this site just posts to stir up more hate.

You are all just becomming what you seem to hate the most.

Than there are the trolls too.

"We must be cautious.."
Obi-Wan Kenobi

/You are all just trolling trolls trolling.
Eiden

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can speak for yourself, honestly. It should be absolutely zero percent unexpected, exciting, or different when a webcomic's immediately relevant foray into overtly political endorsement and propagandistic messaging, of a very controversial set of principles largely rejected by the progressive community, results in contentious posting on the associated forum.

Let's take a look at specific samples of the people who are part of your "everyone" who seems to "just post to stir up more hate":

- Draculara: Are they posting "Just to stir up more hate" - no. Draculara is making unapologetic and unreserved political commentary in response to the webcomic's increasingly politicized standpoint.

- Nobody Important: Are they posting "Just to stir up more hate" - no. They have stood up very straightforwardly in response to the attempted presentation of bigoted gendercritical views that have a direct and measured impact on their life.

- Leohan: Are they posting "Just to stir up more hate" - no. I have seen very few people ever give as much of a benefit of the doubt to people who one-issue extremely critical gender essentialist views. They have most certainly 'heard the other side out' and offered much in the way of offering room for explanation.

- Taemon: Are they posting "Just to stir up more hate" - no. Taemon has a very clear and articulated position which goes out of its way to explain why it thinks certain positions are toxic.

- Professor_Frink: Are they posting "Just to stir up more hate" - no. They have a strong and coherent position against cruelty to trans identified individuals and others impacted by messages in the comic.

- Sam: Are they posting "Just to stir up more hate" - no. That's not what you call it when making dramatic effortpost to discuss and elucidate the impact of terfiness and swerfiness in second wave and question whether the related comic media can be evidenced. Must just be trolling. I could kick him awake and ask?

- enchantedsleeper: Are they posting "Just to stir up more hate" - no, see entries above,

- mouse: Are they posting "Just to stir up more hate" - no, see entries above,

- Chronometry: no, see entries above,

- cleocatra: no, see entries above,

- Vixine: no, see entries above,

- 0z79: no, see entries above,

- Samsally: no, blah blah, do you get it yet? This list could be 30 entries long!
cleocatra

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eiden wrote:
You can speak for yourself, honestly. It should be absolutely zero percent unexpected, exciting, or different when a webcomic's immediately relevant foray into overtly political endorsement and propagandistic messaging, of a very controversial set of principles largely rejected by the progressive community, results in contentious posting on the associated forum.

Let's take a look at specific samples of the people who are part of your "everyone" who seems to "just post to stir up more hate":

- Draculara: Are they posting "Just to stir up more hate" - no. Draculara is making unapologetic and unreserved political commentary in response to the webcomic's increasingly politicized standpoint.

- Nobody Important: Are they posting "Just to stir up more hate" - no. They have stood up very straightforwardly in response to the attempted presentation of bigoted gendercritical views that have a direct and measured impact on their life.

- Leohan: Are they posting "Just to stir up more hate" - no. I have seen very few people ever give as much of a benefit of the doubt to people who one-issue extremely critical gender essentialist views. They have most certainly 'heard the other side out' and offered much in the way of offering room for explanation.

- Taemon: Are they posting "Just to stir up more hate" - no. Taemon has a very clear and articulated position which goes out of its way to explain why it thinks certain positions are toxic.

- Professor_Frink: Are they posting "Just to stir up more hate" - no. They have a strong and coherent position against cruelty to trans identified individuals and others impacted by messages in the comic.

- Sam: Are they posting "Just to stir up more hate" - no. That's not what you call it when making dramatic effortpost to discuss and elucidate the impact of terfiness and swerfiness in second wave and question whether the related comic media can be evidenced. Must just be trolling. I could kick him awake and ask?

- enchantedsleeper: Are they posting "Just to stir up more hate" - no, see entries above,

- mouse: Are they posting "Just to stir up more hate" - no, see entries above,

- Chronometry: no, see entries above,

- cleocatra: no, see entries above,

- Vixine: no, see entries above,

- 0z79: no, see entries above,

- Samsally: no, blah blah, do you get it yet? This list could be 30 entries long!

<3
Odemon

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: Hate.. on the rise. Reply with quote

Tewnn wrote:

"We must be cautious.."
Obi-Wan Kenobi

I mostly lurk here, but I have yet to see any actual hate, the one possible exception being kalxak, there-s a lot of arguments, sure. and opposing points of view, sure. but those are everywhere.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Draculaura

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OP

lol

Just lol

Tengo que ir a la tienda a comprar mantequilla y queso.
Sam

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's not a phase mom. i'm a sithposter now.
Caimsen

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Hate.. on the rise. Reply with quote

Tewnn wrote:

"We must be cautious.."
Obi-Wan Kenobi

Hm....
Cant tell. Some People just have probably enough of the same fight every few Days, just with a bit different Topic. I mean, how often had we a discussion about the Fembots and what they should represent and the entire Sectrum?
Beside that, i think most People are fine.
mouse

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, hate....i'm really not seeing it. some people certainly hate the positions other people hold, but that's not exactly the same as hating on other people.

we have some pretty strong opinions and will argue them forcefully, and i will admit i have seen some arguments devolve into sort of communal catfights (complete with screeching and clumps of hair flying around), but i really haven't seen that in this discussion. which is interesting, given that terfism (e.g.) has a serious real-life impact on some of the people here. they have every right to be passionate, and yet they have remained civil, even under provocation.
Nobody Important

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eiden wrote:

Thanks, I'm trying my best.

Eiden wrote:

Sam also posts to make people pee their pants laughing. Shadowcell too but they've been gone for a while come back I miss you
0z79

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
yeah, hate....i'm really not seeing it. some people certainly hate the positions other people hold, but that's not exactly the same as hating on other people.

we have some pretty strong opinions and will argue them forcefully, and i will admit i have seen some arguments devolve into sort of communal catfights (complete with screeching and clumps of hair flying around), but i really haven't seen that in this discussion. which is interesting, given that terfism (e.g.) has a serious real-life impact on some of the people here. they have every right to be passionate, and yet they have remained civil, even under provocation.

Well.. I ended up going off on some local yokels yesterday evening. They were saying the most stereotypical stuff like "Does your sister know yer wearin' her clothes?" and the like.. not to me, but to each other.

Well, it was like hitting the big red button.. before I knew it, I'd said "don't think I can't kick your ass, boy." ....'cause see, I'm a redneck, too. Native Texan, to be precise.. my early childhood back yard (rural El Paso area) was more dangerous than when those fuckers go hunting.. I ain't dealing with bullshit.

We didn't fight, but when I got off the bus I let them know that they make every other redneck look bad, I'm ashamed to call them Americans and finished with calling them "Yankee doodle dandy motherfuckers."

So yeah, when I come here I'm kinda getting AWAY from that? No need to stir the pot here, except maybe occasionally playing devil's advocate.

...and honestly, I'm very nice, polite and soft-spoken most of the time. I just don't like being pushed.

EDIT: OP, tell me: does this count as a troll, in your eyes? Not being smart, I'm genuinely curious.
Draculaura

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool anecdote, dogg

Tengo que ir a la tienda a comprar mantequilla y queso.
0z79

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draculaura wrote:
cool anecdote, dogg

Honestly, I think I was as surprised as they were. But, y'know, I'd said it.. no time to show the "Oh, FUCK!!" going on inside... remind myself that 9 times out of 10, their bark is worse than their bite.

"Outrage" is closer than "anger", in this case. It's probably one of the stupidest things I've ever blurted out, but.. I dunno. I know there was a much more civil, humorous way to handle it but I'd just biked across town to that bus.

Nothing happened afterwards, BTW.. because once again, they were full of shit and just spewing it out.
Yorick

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aw, I didn't make the list
0z79

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yorick wrote:
aw, I didn't make the list

I will NOT make a Shakespear joke... I will NOT make a Shakespear joke...
Sam

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The past tense of William Shakespeare is Wouldiwas Shookspeared
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: