Welcome to the Fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

May 9, 2018: Better Programming 9
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bogy

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strix Varia wrote:
Many people here point out that it is easy to buy a gun. And if you have a clean police record, I agree with that. But buying a gun is NOT the same as using it. Buying a gun does not give you the right to be Rambo. If you get caught threatening a person with a gun or shooting it in city limits, you WILL be explaining it to the police. Probably you will be explaining it in a very uncomfortable police station right before you get fined and loose your gun.
I know it is not convenient for you but I addressed this. You picked up on how fertilizer can be tracked, but ignored what I said concerning my ability to shoot someone, and the consequences. I am a white man. I live in a state with a Stand Your Ground law. I bring up my complexion and gender, because if I were darker, or female, and I shot a man, and especially a white man, I might have more difficulty. I'd be OK if I were a white woman, and shot a black man, because the only qualifier is that I feel "threatened", and certainly there would be no doubt that if a black man was anywhere in my vicinity, I could claim to feel threatened. But as a white man, I might have to answer a few questions, possibly go to the station and make a statement, and then I could go about my affairs.

On the other hand, If I ran over someone with my car, and killed that person, if I was at all negligent, I could find myself in a great deal of trouble. It's true that legislation in several states in my region has been proposed that would indemnify and hold harmless someone running over a protester, however I am not aware that it actually passed in any of those states.
Taemon

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strix Varia wrote:
If you get caught threatening a person with a gun or shooting it in city limits, you WILL be explaining it to the police. Probably you will be explaining it in a very uncomfortable police station right before you get fined and loose your gun.

That wholly depends on your skin colour and sex.

Strix Varia wrote:
You will ignore how many more people die from car accidents because so many more people own cars that the comparison isn't "fair" but then ask why the USA has so many more gun deaths than in countries a fraction of it's size.

Wow, you're mixing up me and Sam? Oh wait, you're only pretending to mix up me and Sam, maybe in the vague hope that no one understands that we're talking relative numbers, not population numbers. Because that would be stupid.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: