Welcome to the Fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

May 29, 2018: Better Programming 29

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nobody Important

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 1:10 am    Post subject: May 29, 2018: Better Programming 29 Reply with quote

Auric

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wonders of technology. Laughing

I have become pure water.
dcole87

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is #NordicModel referring to? I'm seeing a lot of anti Nordic Model posts in my search, especially relating to (surprise) prostitution.
Not sure what Tat's gettin' at.
Greyman

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcole87 wrote:
What is #NordicModel referring to? I'm seeing a lot of anti Nordic Model posts in my search, especially relating to (surprise) prostitution.
Nordic Model refers to the economic and social practices common to Nordic countries, but here it is specifically a reference to the legal practice where provision of sexual services is legally permitted but purchasing them is still a prosecutable offense. The Nordic Model of Prostitution Law

This is favoured by certain radicalised feminists under their theory that all sex workers are victims of their clients (even those that don't think so).
dcole87

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greyman wrote:
dcole87 wrote:
Nordic Model refers to the economic and social practices common to Nordic countries, but here it is specifically a reference to the legal practice where provision of sexual services is legally permitted but purchasing them is still a prosecutable offense. The Nordic Model of Prostitution Law

This is favoured by certain radicalised feminists under their theory that all sex workers are victims of their clients (even those that don't think so).

So Tat’s probably referencing the latter, as it lines up with the views expressed in Sinfest thus far, rather than coming out in favor of the Nordic approach to prostitution regulation.
Valerie

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcole87 wrote:
Greyman wrote:
dcole87 wrote:

So Tat’s probably referencing the latter, as it lines up with the views expressed in Sinfest thus far, rather than coming out in favor of the Nordic approach to prostitution regulation.

I took it as him supporting the Nordic model for basically the reasons Grayman said. Tat's very anti-prostitution, but he doesn't seem to be of the opinion that the prostitutes should be punished, only the pimps and clients. The Nordic model would probably suit his views very well.
Vixine

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valerie wrote:
dcole87 wrote:
Greyman wrote:
dcole87 wrote:

I took it as him supporting the Nordic model for basically the reasons Grayman said. Tat's very anti-prostitution, but he doesn't seem to be of the opinion that the prostitutes should be punished, only the pimps and clients. The Nordic model would probably suit his views very well.

Never mind the fact that in actual practice such laws very much punish prostitutes anyways; Tat operates in magical christmas land where everything works as you intend it to work (and all the men are made of straw)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: