Welcome to the Fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

June 8, 2018: Repair 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Argus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:05 pm    Post subject: June 8, 2018: Repair 6 Reply with quote

Chronometry

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait

Are you telling me that Pimp used to be a decent person?

Or was he always bad and just much better at acting when he was younger?

(Personally I prefer option 1 because it lets us see how the Patriarchy can corrupt even those who honestly want to help others)

This poster is a white cismale heterosexual. Feel free to ignore him if he starts speaking nonsense.
KALXAK

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chronometry wrote:
he [was] always bad and just much better at acting when he was younger

or maybe that's how he looks to women that still don't know the real him.
Mr Zero

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KALXAK wrote:

Yes, magic is the only sensible explanation. Except no: This is a case of the writer forgot two character's established backstories. The Pimp was supposed to be well established by the time he caught the vulnerable normal girl who's name I don't remember- was she ever given a name? ... She was probably given a stage name. She was one of the human glass booth girls, right? Because apparently any woman doing anything is "oppressed" and if they aren't oppressed all the back stories all run together anyway, or in any fast-and-loose way Tat needs them to be to make them look like they're all treated just horribly. Confused
This guy looks more like the teenaged son of Pimp. Perhaps an attempt to retell the same story that's been popping up in New Beautiful Sinfest for the last few years. Devil and Angel, Sam and Liberty, owners and the girlbots to an extent.
Argus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KALXAK wrote:

I believe that's the case.

Chronometry wrote:
Are you telling me that Pimp used to be a decent person?

Aaand now I'm reminded of the South Park episode in which Butters (the sweet and naive kid) accidentally became a successful pimp. Very Happy (he quit at the end because he didn't think he did anything to be entitled to a cut of the money.)
kagalei

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Zero wrote:
KALXAK wrote:

Yes, magic is the only sensible explanation.

Who said anything about magic? It's just image. Take Granny for example. She looks like a sweet, old lady who runs a bakery but she's a kick-ass street-fighter who helps fund the Resistance and was a hippie in Magic school. She's also friends with THE HEAD WITCH HECATE. Not something you would think of if you were just looking at her.
netsplit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah it's pretty clear what's going on. It's pretty clear from previous comics he likes to take advantage of women in bad situations with false promises they'll be taken care of. This is no different. Kalxak seems to be the most correct, but it's definitely not magic. It's clear this is a dream sequence from the first frame. Her subconscious is thinking about what he seemed to be when she was in desperate need of help, with what he turned out to be.

He might have been in full on pimp gear surrounded by Jonbies when he met her, but if want something bad enough, such as a helping hand, you'll see it even it don't exist. So in really simple terms. She wanted a nice person to help her, so hope made him look like something he wasn't to her.
netsplit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And further the promise of "hope" is a cruel trap used against sex trafficking victims by pimps. As noted in Repair 4

The best way to fight it is to have a society that gives out real hope with a social safety net, a compassionate refugee system, and going full on sisterhood style combat against the traffickers.
Caimsen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Question is, is it just a Dream or she dreams about her past how it really happend.

I mean, she looks a bit younger, but the Pimp (did Tat gave him a Name yet?) loks like he is just in his early 20's and now he looks like he is in is late 40's.
Hm, i wonder if he is just somebody who tooked the wrong path at the beginning or if he was evil right from the start.
mouse

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm no expert, but as i understand it, pimps often recruit women by putting on an appearance of being kind and helpful and loving; then once the woman believes she's in a real relationship with him, he compels her into prostitution. and then, of course, he can look like whatever he wants, because she's already stuck with him. so both images could be/probably are correct....just at different times in the relationship.
Vixine

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't even remember which review I'm thinking of, I think it may be a Tony Goldmark one, all I can hear in my head is a sarcastic "Treat those around you with suspicion and hate."
AngelLilly

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: