Welcome to the Fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

June 27, 2018: Repair 25
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adyon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think of it as similar to how recently it was shown illegal selling of marijuana in Colorado was still going on. Because people are bypassing taxes.

No matter what, even with things legal, there's likely going to be a reason to want the "illegal" side of it. You can never fully curve that. But hopefully you can make it easier for the people who want to engage in whatever it is legally to do so more safely.
HKVeteran

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leohan wrote:
How did those conversations with TinT go again...

- I believe that men and women should be free to legally exercise sex work as a profession if they so choose.

- So I guess you don't care about the trafficking of women and girls

- What? No! Just the opposite, sex work should be regulated in order to avoid the creation of markets based on human trafficking, by both promoting respect towards sex workers and letting the authorities focus in the worst components of sex work, namely pimping and trafficking.

- I just told you the opposite! There's a historical context in which harmful markets and traffic flourishes when certain services are unavailable and sex work is no different. As a matter of fact, here are some articles and peer reviewed essays with statistical data explaining how in countries with legal sex work human trafficking diminishes.

- SO I GUESS YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT THE TRAFFICKING OF WOMEN AND GIRLS

I am reminded of this video and the catchphrase "Short, quippy, and WRONG."
Caimsen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leohan wrote:
Caimsen wrote:
Leohan wrote:

- What? No! Just the opposite, sex work should be regulated in order to avoid the creation of markets based on human trafficking, by both promoting respect towards sex workers and letting the authorities focus in the worst components of sex work, namely pimping and trafficking.

We have that here in Austria and it doesnt fix the Problem once and for all. There are still illegal Prostetutes. Even some underage from time to time.

I won't claim it to be an absolute solution. I'm not smart enough to come up with a way to completely eliminate illegal, exploitative sex work. Still, I think having the alternative be legal might help. And the statistics in a lot of the studies posted here seem to agree.

I think to make it legal, would in deed fix many things. It is the best Option what we have, since they would be insured and could go regularly to a Doctor. Of course it wont fix all the Problems, but it would made things much easier.
Sam

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leohan wrote:
How did those conversations with TinT go again...

- I believe that men and women should be free to legally exercise sex work as a profession if they so choose.

- I just told you the opposite! There's a historical context in which harmful markets and traffic flourishes when certain services are unavailable and sex work is no different. As a matter of fact, here are some articles and peer reviewed essays with statistical data explaining how in countries with legal sex work human trafficking diminishes.

- SO I GUESS YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT THE TRAFFICKING OF WOMEN AND GIRLS

like, if you want a really significantly clear template into why terf and swerf ideologies are so readily ostracized and rejected from modern feminism and has become clearly labeled as anti-intersectional, you can just consult those prior conversations.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: