Welcome to the Fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

June 28, 2018: Repair 26
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
AngelLilly



Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 408
Location: Parallel Universe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:39 pm    Post subject: June 28, 2018: Repair 26 Reply with quote

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Argus



Joined: 17 Mar 2017
Posts: 164

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well ain't this a surprise.
_________________
Dainty dainty dainty. Tee hee. Giggle. Oh, you. Head tilt.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chronometry



Joined: 02 Mar 2016
Posts: 767
Location: Middle of Nowhere, England

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THEY DON'T CHOOSE THIS YOU IGNORANT COCKWAFFLE ARGHHH

Here's the thing about issues like this; you can't express your opinion on them in the course of 4 panels a day without reducing it severely.

Yes, some sex workers choose to do sex work, but guess what? They can also choose not to do it, a choice that unfortunately many of their peers do not have. In the ideal sex industry, the choice is there for everyone to either do sex work or not do sex work. No pimps coercing you, no human trafficking forcing you into the situation in the first place.

But that's too complicated for 4 panels so we get this instead.
_________________
Is there anything that's worth
More than peace and love on the planet Earth?


This poster is a white cismale heterosexual. Feel free to ignore him if he starts speaking nonsense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Leohan



Joined: 26 Mar 2007
Posts: 1881

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, Tat, for being so deadset to mock your own audience you suspiciously seem to miss the fact that most of the forum regulars are women. Having trouble representing that? Fitting it into your narrative?
_________________
Welcome to Sinfest, the only place with a 46 pages long thread about sentient toasters

Now featuring around 40 pages about non-sentient toasters
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vancore



Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 138

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnification has begun!

In the narrative world that Tat has made it's not a choice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Strix Varia



Joined: 07 Feb 2016
Posts: 236
Location: State of confusion

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A: It isn't as black and white as you are suggesting.
B: Stop saying everything is purple!
A: Huh? I'm just saying that if you only look at the worst extremes ...
B: By preaching that everything is purple, you are only showing your ignorance!
A: I'm not saying anything like that. Just consider that there are more options than ...
B: I have 10 billion facts that prove that your purple fetish is stupid!
A: Ok .. maybe the whole color analogy was a mistake. Lets try looking at ..
B: BlaaBlaaBlaa! Look at me! I'm a stupid purple person that that only thinks stupid purple things!
A: *face palms* I give up.
B: Haha! I win the debate because my logic is irrefutable!

Congratulations Tat. You win. Your logic is irrefutable.
_________________
Being a bit pervy isn't always a bad thing. Chiverally isn't always sexist. Being a little devious isn't always evil. Mankind includes all genders. Be safe, put a safety on that trigger.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nobody Important



Joined: 18 Jan 2016
Posts: 843

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leohan wrote:
So, Tat, for being so deadset to mock your own audience you suspiciously seem to miss the fact that most of the forum regulars are women. Having trouble representing that? Fitting it into your narrative?


Actually the demographics of this forum definitely lean male. Though that doesn't invalidate your point.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Foolish



Joined: 17 Aug 2014
Posts: 96

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno, I seem to think he is saying its WRONG, and the walking Johns are saying the mantra that the devil wants them to say to continue the perpetuation of the cycle. Tat is NOT endorsing this
_________________
when you let go of that which holds you back while reaching for your dreams is when you learn to fly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sam the Eagle



Joined: 01 Oct 2006
Posts: 2685
Location: 192.168.0.1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote


_________________
我的氣墊船裝滿了鱔魚
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Leohan



Joined: 26 Mar 2007
Posts: 1881

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody Important wrote:
Leohan wrote:
So, Tat, for being so deadset to mock your own audience you suspiciously seem to miss the fact that most of the forum regulars are women. Having trouble representing that? Fitting it into your narrative?


Actually the demographics of this forum definitely lean male. Though that doesn't invalidate your point.

Seriously? ...Well, I guess a lot of the female members did stop coming, perhaps I'm just stuck in the times. But still, yeah. This comic doesn't seem to contemplate the idea that a woman might think that women should have the agency to become sex workers if they so choose.

Johnbies wrote:
They like it

That's quite the assumption. I mean, it could be, depending from person to person, but even if (big if) someone chooses a job it doesn't necessarily mean that they like exercising it. I don't like the idea of working in data entry, but I have to pay the bills. Which doesn't, of course, make data entry an inherently amoral job.
_________________
Welcome to Sinfest, the only place with a 46 pages long thread about sentient toasters

Now featuring around 40 pages about non-sentient toasters
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cesario Rose



Joined: 31 Jan 2013
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It also doesn't take into consideration of a conceptualization of Madams.

I'll concede a point that the majority of illegal trafficking (of not just women or young girls, but young boys and men as well as those in transition or who have already transitioned) is probably a male dominated profession. But I am certain there are brothels run solely by women. I am not defending illegal trafficking - my point is merely that is not quite as black and white that only men illegally traffic and force women and girls into the sex trade. It's a human experience - one transcended by gender or sex.
_________________
Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet the Force.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vixine



Joined: 12 Jan 2016
Posts: 368

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 to the chorus of "Choice in sex work inherently means that pimps are not involved. Stop trying to shove everyone who isn't SWERF into the same box as supporting both voluntary and involuntary sex work."

Can't wait for KAPSLOK and TinT to chime in with something short, quippy and wrong. (Thanks HKVeteran from the last thread, this deserves more linking.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vancore



Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 138

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody Important wrote:
Leohan wrote:
So, Tat, for being so deadset to mock your own audience you suspiciously seem to miss the fact that most of the forum regulars are women. Having trouble representing that? Fitting it into your narrative?


Actually the demographics of this forum definitely lean male. Though that doesn't invalidate your point.


I'm not sure how you can tell, we're all just online people that can play as whatever we want. Tat could just think the majority of people in the forums are really men just playing as woman and who can really tell.

Anyway, Tat seems to be having a lot of fun with the whole John zombie idea. It's actually pretty cute, but the contraversy isn't.

In a world where the devil roams Earth and God talks in hand puppets the thought that all sex trade is dominated by pimps and it turns men into johnbies is too much?

Meh, probably, it's a bit trollish of him to keep bringing it up even if it's a fun narrative device.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nobody Important



Joined: 18 Jan 2016
Posts: 843

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vancore wrote:
Nobody Important wrote:
Leohan wrote:
So, Tat, for being so deadset to mock your own audience you suspiciously seem to miss the fact that most of the forum regulars are women. Having trouble representing that? Fitting it into your narrative?


Actually the demographics of this forum definitely lean male. Though that doesn't invalidate your point.


I'm not sure how you can tell, we're all just online people that can play as whatever we want. Tat could just think the majority of people in the forums are really men just playing as woman and who can really tell.


I was actually counting the number of frequent (or used to be frequent) users on here yesterday because of what Leohan said. The results point towards male majority.

Edit: Removed the list because it was stupid and pointless.


Last edited by Nobody Important on Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:08 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Taemon



Joined: 08 Aug 2013
Posts: 2184
Location: Europe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a cis woman (no, I'm not angry, it's an easy mistake to make).
_________________
Common sense is the enemy of science
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group