Welcome to the Fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

July 5, 2018: Political 3
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AngelLilly

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:32 pm    Post subject: July 5, 2018: Political 3 Reply with quote

Mr Zero

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Lesbian teasing that will never pay off), nothing. She was talking to the chair. After a long enough day on your feet, so would you.
DB Cooper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the little berry in her hand in frame 3?
Greyman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DB Cooper wrote:
What is the little berry in her hand in frame 3?
Tomato. Remenants of a critical hit being plucked off.
Cesario Rose

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Zero wrote:
(Lesbian teasing that will never pay off), nothing. She was talking to the chair. After a long enough day on your feet, so would you.

wat.jpg?
What is Lesbian teasing that will never pay off?

And I have never heard the term "talking to the chair." What does this mean?

Confused
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet the Force.
Argus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cesario Rose wrote:

She had a rough day. Because she was on her feet the whole time. So the chair is her love. And the day gets better when she sits on it. Very Happy

Last edited by Argus on Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Caimsen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is rather normal for her, since she know that the audience isnt really allways pleased with her.
But if i really dont like somebody, i just dont come to the Show and stay away. It would be a waist of Time.

On the other Side it can be good to have somebody around you, who has a opposite opinion from you. At least till a certain Point. If you allways have just the same ideas around you, you never question yourself or your ideas.

I still wonder how Abby became a Devil Girl. I mean, she is very nice and i can hardly imagine that she would do something awefull. Or she just got boomfed by the Devil? We will never know. No Tat, please dont take this a hint to make her Backgroundstory. At least not for now.
Chuck The Jester

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of payoff you looking for there, Zero?

Obvious question is obvious, of course. Still: an odd turn of phrase.
Sam the Eagle

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caimsen wrote:
It is rather normal for her, since she know that the audience isnt really allways pleased with her.
But if i really dont like somebody, i just dont come to the Show and stay away. It would be a waist of Time.

Do I need to point out that the last three comics were not meant for the general audience but for us forumites?

Having Nique left unscratched would have raised accusations of Mary Sueism, which this comic as it is currently is still very close to imho, maybe this is Tat's way of asking us to step back and cool down too.
Mr Zero

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cesario Rose wrote:

Are you expecting everything I say to be made of terms and phrases that you've already heard? Argus is right. And you need to gain some reading comprehension.

Quote:

Monique's entire lesbianism, specifically her love-eyes at Abby.
Chuck The Jester

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam the Eagle wrote:

Do I need to point out that the last three comics were not meant for the general audience but for us forumites?

This would make Tat's tagline quite the curiosity.
Mr Zero

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Mr Zero"]
Cesario Rose wrote:

Are you expecting everything I say to be made of terms and phrases that you've already heard? Argus is right. And you need to gain some reading comprehension.

Quote:

Monique's entire lesbianism, specifically her love-eyes at Abby.

Quote:

A) A Monique-Abby wedding, with no sudden deaths or debompfings. And Tat giving Slick a new girlfriend, just to ensure no loose ends.
B) Monique and Abby consummating their relationship instead of the magnificent artist using them to practice drawing expressive looks.
C) Monique comes home to find Abby screwing the toaster, and leaves her to go back to being Slick's bombshell adventure-girl and girlfriend.
D) I just don't see anything wrong with sacrificing shock value in the name of story. So Monique and Abby are in love. In the big picture, so what? Remove the "girls and girls! Oh, my gosh!", and what have they got? Abby's a little interchangeable, after all.

Last edited by Mr Zero on Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Taemon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Zero wrote:
Quote:

A) A Monique-Abby wedding, with no sudden deaths or debompfings. And Tat giving Slick a new girlfriend, just to ensure no loose ends.
B) Monique and Abby consummating their relationship instead of the magnificent artist using them to practice drawing expressive looks.
C) Monique comes home to find Abby screwing the toaster, and leaves her to go back to being Slick's bombshell adventure-girl and girlfriend.
D) I just don't see anything wrong with sacrificing shock value in the name of story. So Monique and Abby are in love. In the big picture, so what? Remove the "girls and girls! Oh, my gosh!", and what have they got? Abby's a little interchangeable, after all.

They already had sex and you shut your mouth. Abby is adorable.
Argus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taemon wrote:
Abby is adorable.

OK, I'm just gonna spit it out here... What Mr Zero said is pretty much the thing that bugs me about Abby's role in the comic. Sure, at the time I saw her first get introduced I was on an epic archive binge from the very beginning of the comic, so it's possible I missed something. Smile But I just can't shake the feeling that the only reason Abby was included in the comic was to become Monique's girlfriend, and no other reason. By this point, she got basically no character development since her first introduction, and it feels like she just goes along with whatever anyone tells her.

Well, there was this one time she gave Slick the benefit of doubt when talking to Monique after crossing paths with him when he was in full-on Sleaze mode, which was really surprisingly nice, and it actually felt that she is a nice character, instead of someone just going along with whatever.

Just saying, if there's a "devil girl romance plot", it gets inevitable comparison to the previous Fuchsia-Criminy plot, which was not simply cute, but actually a coherent story which pretty much focused on Fuchsia's character development, with Criminy also getting some development of his own along the way.

So that's what I'd hope to see here as well. Right now I feel like it's just portraying a relationship for the sake of relationship (which is fine IRL, but this is a comic, after all, it's supposed to have a plot), while I'm hoping for character development. Wink Which was hinted at when Monique and Abby were discussing Slick, as mentioned earlier. I actually really liked the strips around that time - about the same time when Squig told Slick to bro-hug his dark side, while Monique had to appease a dark side of her own while feeling nostalgic surfing social networks. Those comics seemed like incoming character development for everyone. Smile
CopperRose

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Is this a Heavy Metal reference? Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: