Welcome to the Fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

July 8, 2018: Political 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caimsen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leohan wrote:
Zilla wrote:
I do worry a little about the idea that the US was better in the past. We had so many damn atrocities in our time, there really wasn't a time when freedom was ever in everyone's hands. It was just a lot quieter of a problem until revolts and protests brought it to our attention.

I'm thinking about the past, actually, and I realized something: For America, the 21th Century is the revival of Manifest Destiny! And now I cannot believe that I didn't see that before.

What America was back then, though, was idealistic and full of promise. Few people actually believe in Manifest Destiny today, and it's seen as the piss-poor excuse to keep the war machine going and gain a lot of money in the process. Which, let's be fair, it absolutely is.

Thats how i see it too. About 15 Years ago, the Usa was still a Country what you could count on. That it would try to put things right. To reach for the Stars. A Country that would give you hope.
But now? It really doesnt look like such a promesing place anymore.
ChastMastr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caimsen wrote:
Thats how i see it too. About 15 Years ago, the Usa was still a Country what you could count on. That it would try to put things right. To reach for the Stars. A Country that would give you hope.

I'd go back further than 15 years; alas, this would be 2003, which was literally when this was happening:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Ghraib_torture_and_prisoner_abuse
Caimsen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChastMastr wrote:
Caimsen wrote:

I'd go back further than 15 years; alas, this would be 2003, which was literally when this was happening:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Ghraib_torture_and_prisoner_abuse

Ok, in that Case lets make it 2000. That was a rather fine Year.
Nobody Important

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caimsen wrote:

Don't you know? Tribalism and hate are more important than anything else. Doing horrible things to people we hate, that's what makes ruining our country worth it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: