welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scary Movies
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mizike

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No movie has ever scared me more than It. When I was in kindergarten, my dad taped It when it was shown on TV since he's a big Stephen (Steven?) King fan. Well, one day my babysitter decided that that would be a great thing to watch one day despites my protests. "You can just hide under the blanket if it gets too scary and I'll tell you when it's safe." It seemed reasonable enough.

But the blanket was an afghan, and when I hid I could still see through the holes.

I finally became so upset that my babysitter decided to turn it off, but I couldn't stop thinking about the movie. Every time I took a bath, I imagined blood coming out. And every time I closed my eyes I just knew that a clow was hovering above me. It got so bad that my mom sent me too the school counsellor. It wasn't until 2 or 3 weeks after I saw the movie that I could sleep normally again.

No movie has ever scared me that much since, but the movie that has freaked me out the most (chills in the spine sort of way) was the original The Omen. Mind you,, I was raised Catholic so religious symbolism has always affected me strongly.
Mr_Moustache

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it isn't a movie, but once i got really sacred by..... A buffy the vampire show. Its not funny Crying or Very sad

I was like 9 or something, and i was sick (flu). So i watched some tv, and buffy was just on. The buffy show was about sick kids with flu getting sat on to death by some very disturbing looking guy. I've had some bad dreams about that.

I've never liked horror though. When i watch a movie i actually have need of something like... you know... a story . Shocked That and i'm still scared really easy Smile
Valp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Froggums wrote:
I thought ET was really scary when I was little.

Seconded.

Oh and The Land Before Time. It's fucking traumatic being six years old and see the main characters mom get killed by a scary fucking T-Rex in the opening
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH! Cabin Fever. I actually had nightmares about that one. And The Devil's Rejects. It isn't a horror movie but it made me feel sick.
Valp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jared Leto's infected arm in Requiem for a Dream gotta count as horror too. That movie is the only movie that made me break into a cold sweat.

But a "real" horror-movie? Dunno. That scene where Damien is making a late-night sandwich in the Omen Remake creeped me out for some reason.
crossbow

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halen wrote:
Watership Down

that still makes me feel sick, like, 12 years later. i still have dreams about it.

and i love devil's rejects. i'm not about to watch it alone, but it's a funny movie.
kame

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my first memories as a child was watching some horror movie (can't remember the name of it, guy moves into house, house haunted, get's chased by knives). I had nightmares about it for a long time.

It scared the bejesus out of me too, I had every light in the god damn house on, then again I was about 11 years old at the time.

Which is why I'd never let a kid watch a horror movie until they can seperate reality from fiction. Smile
timmccloud

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phase IV - I have hated ants ever since this movie. I saw it one saturday as a child, and spent the entire afternoon with a can of hairspray and a lighter on our driveway in LA.

Phantasm - First scary movie I ever saw in a theater, and it did the trick. Jumped out of my seat at least three times.
cixelsyD

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

event horizon scared the shit out of me when I was 11.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mommy, where are you? I can't find you. I can't. I'm afraid of the Light, mommy. I'm afraid of the Light.

Light and wind were never so terrifying Embarassed Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cixelsyD wrote:
event horizon scared the shit out of me when I was 11.

Just before seeing this movie I had read an article in Discover magazine discussing about how in the future we might be able artificially induce black holes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mouse

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, just so you know what a complete horror-movie wimp i am, when i was a child and the wizard of oz was on tv, i absolutely had to leave the room whenever the wicked witch of the west was on.

i think i managed to avoid horror movies until a friend persuaded me to see "the shining" (the jack nicholson version)...i'm still suspicious of bathtubs.

since then, i think i've managed to pretty completely avoid horror movies. (although i did kinda get hooked on hbo's carnivale, but that was different, somehow.)

(i also can't handle any amusement park rides beyond a ferris wheel).
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched Clown House when I was about seven and that gave me the heebyjeebies. I refused to sleep near the window in case a mental patient dressed as a clown smashed through the window and tried to kill me.

There was another one I watched when I was very young that I barely remember. I remember a scene of a guys mole getting really big and some sort of monster coming out of it. Some sort of Satan character appearing and being really pissed off. Lots of blood. Any ideas?
Varst Kolcimb

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought The Dark Crystal was really scary when I was little... Embarassed
Celaeno

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't allowed to watch scary movies as a kid. That would probably explain why I can't bring myself to watch them now.

I did, however, catch Watership Down. My parents had it on the tape after The Muppets Take Manhattan. One day they weren't watching, and the tape kept going. It was fucking terrifying.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: