welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scary Movies
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Willem

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mizike wrote:
No movie has ever scared me more than It. When I was in kindergarten, my dad taped It when it was shown on TV since he's a big Stephen (Steven?) King fan. Well, one day my babysitter decided that that would be a great thing to watch one day despites my protests. "You can just hide under the blanket if it gets too scary and I'll tell you when it's safe." It seemed reasonable enough.

But the blanket was an afghan, and when I hid I could still see through the holes.

I finally became so upset that my babysitter decided to turn it off, but I couldn't stop thinking about the movie. Every time I took a bath, I imagined blood coming out. And every time I closed my eyes I just knew that a clow was hovering above me. It got so bad that my mom sent me too the school counsellor. It wasn't until 2 or 3 weeks after I saw the movie that I could sleep normally again.

Yeah, that film is fucking evil when you're a kid. *shivers*
cixelsyD

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt see that post earlier, but I agree with both of you. When i was little I thought i felt the bed shaking and that clown laughing under my bed. Fuck I hate that movie.
trustedfaith

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was another movie that I saw when I was really young that I can't remember the name of. It was some movie with people in a mental institution that didn't need to be there and were undergoing treatment they didn't need. This one chick hung herself, it was freaky. But this was a movie that was done in the 70's, I've never found it since. It used to give me nightmares too.

And the blob, I was scared to go in lakes by myself for ages after I saw that movie. Haha.
Teh Digital Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trustedfaith wrote:
There was another movie that I saw when I was really young that I can't remember the name of. It was some movie with people in a mental institution that didn't need to be there and were undergoing treatment they didn't need. This one chick hung herself, it was freaky. But this was a movie that was done in the 70's, I've never found it since. It used to give me nightmares too.

Do you mean One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest?
mouse

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't remember any hangings in that one - in fact, i think nurse ratchett was the only female.
Teh Digital Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know but childhood memories can be a bit...fuzzy
mouse

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's because you were hiding under your teddy bear during the movie.
trustedfaith

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teh Digital Dragon wrote:
trustedfaith wrote:

Do you mean One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest?

No, it wasn't One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest. Good movie though, however it didn't scare me.
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:49 am    Post subject: By good, I mean well.. like a bad horror movie. Reply with quote

http://www.headinjurytheater.com/deathtoll.htm

Seen em.

I'm the asshole that laughs at horror movies. Because they are ridiculously funny or predictable.

I think a good anime one is Higurashi.
Teh Digital Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only remember one movie that really scared me, actually it was one scene from a movie.

I think it was a horror/comedy, the general gist of which was a family moves into a possessed house that starts messing with their perceptions (and eventually skeletons come out through the swimming pool).

There was this one scene where a guy is looking in the bathroom mirror and notices a little cut or blemish, so he picks at it, and it gets bigger and bigger, until suddenly he realises he's torn his face away. Scream, blink, everything's back to normal.

I saw that when I was about eight or nine, stayed with me for years.
Xilonen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i was 10 or so i caught my first episode of X-Files. it was Darkness Falls, which happens to take place in western Oregon and involved strange glowy bugs which couldn't go in the light, but in the dark they swarmed and wrapped people up in silky stuff like spiders do, so of course Mulder and Scully get themselves stuck up in the middle of nowhere with no gas and a failing generator while the people they were with got picked off one by one. i don't recall any nightmares, but it made me a bit squirmy to watch and think about it, especially since it was so near where i lived.

more recently, The Ring scared the shit out of me. i couldn't even go to bed because it required moving out of my little circle of light to get to the next light switch, and i couldn't bear to do that. and of course, every time i closed my eyes i saw that damn girl in the damn closet and her damn creepy face. UGH.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
donut3point5

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: By good, I mean well.. like a bad horror movie. Reply with quote

Thy Brilliance wrote:

Seen em.

I'm the asshole that laughs at horror movies. Because they are ridiculously funny or predictable.

Yeah... I'm gonna have to say the exorcist was one of the funniest movies I've ever seen.
--donut3.5--
Krazy Stixx

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Parents".

Because I watched it on acid, and cannibalism is funny.
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: By good, I mean well.. like a bad horror movie. Reply with quote

donut3point5 wrote:
Thy Brilliance wrote:

Seen em.

Yeah... I'm gonna have to say the exorcist was one of the funniest movies I've ever seen.
--donut3.5--

Better than SNL nowadays.
Willem

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xilonen wrote:
more recently, The Ring scared the shit out of me. i couldn't even go to bed because it required moving out of my little circle of light to get to the next light switch, and i couldn't bear to do that. and of course, every time i closed my eyes i saw that damn girl in the damn closet and her damn creepy face. UGH.

Yes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: