May 8, 2019: Level Up 37

Talk about the comic
October

May 8, 2019: Level Up 37

Post by October »

Yeah, they are...
"Because as we all know... there is nothing stronger than a broken woman who has rebuilt herself!" -Hannah Gadsby
Luxshine

Post by Luxshine »

I'm a bit confused about the message of this strip. I thought the gender binary was understood as bad (Seen by the pill pusher in previous strips) but here with the "31 flavors" and the "you're not you when you're binary" slogans, it is as if any gender identity outside male/female is seen as wrong BY those against the patriarchy.

Also, hi, I think this is my first post here.
LarsM

Post by LarsM »

Is Tatsuya going full TERF I wonder? I can recommend watching ContraPoints in that case.
October

Post by October »

Luxshine wrote:...it is as if any gender identity outside male/female is seen as wrong
It's even simpler, honestly: Gender is bad for you. You can't have gender without stereotypes/gender roles. Adding more genders is not an effective solution to the problems that gender causes both sexes.
"Because as we all know... there is nothing stronger than a broken woman who has rebuilt herself!" -Hannah Gadsby
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

about the strip:

October wrote:
Luxshine wrote:...it is as if any gender identity outside male/female is seen as wrong
It's even simpler, honestly: Gender is bad for you. You can't have gender without stereotypes/gender roles. Adding more genders is not an effective solution to the problems that gender causes both sexes.
October is right, as always \o. Some people here are just the same haters from before by another name, lol. Let's remember to not feed the trolls ^^

Carry on, tat.
Call me Celina. This forum still have a long way to go until it gets filled with its intended public. And I'll do my best to help us reach that goal. I'm a battleaxe, and when you hear my voice it'll be as loud as a thunder and as clear as a blue sky.
RikkiTikkiTavi

Post by RikkiTikkiTavi »

Yes. Let's hear it for letting people be people. These strips are really on point with how I feel about all the little exclusive 'groups' that are being established just to lock us into what someone else says we should be.

And the pronoun thing... as if it isn't already hard not to offend some people. I just want to be polite - I really don't have time to figure you out - I am already bad at math, let's not make me bad at simple human interactions.
Luxshine

Post by Luxshine »

Z6IIAB wrote:about the strip:

October wrote:
October is right, as always \o. Some people here are just the same haters from before by another name, lol. Let's remember to not feed the trolls ^^

Carry on, tat.
Uhm... not a troll. Just someone who was a bit confused, and now that October clarified it for me, I understand Tat's idea better. I used to lurk in the old forum, but never commented.

And just to be clear, I agree that gender roles are wrong. I'm not sure I agree with the no gender solution, but it's one I am very willing to listen to to understand better.
MazingerZ

Re: May 8, 2019: Level Up 37

Post by MazingerZ »

October wrote:Image

Yeah, they are...
Well to be fair, some of them taste good.