June 14, 2019: Threats 2

Talk about the comic
Z6IIAB

June 14, 2019: Threats 2

Post by Z6IIAB »

It'll be a bumpy ride.
Call me Celina. This forum still have a long way to go until it gets filled with its intended public. And I'll do my best to help us reach that goal. I'm a battleaxe, and when you hear my voice it'll be as loud as a thunder and as clear as a blue sky.
gyrfox

Re: June 14, 2019: Threats 2

Post by gyrfox »

It's been pretty obvious to me that once Tats started touching on gender topics, this site has been peppered by DDOS attacks.

Then yesterday we saw what looked like someone bringing down the forum by exploiting a security vulnerability in the forum software version. Hence the upgrade to the latest forum, I'd guess.

This comic takes on a new light after that :/
Z6IIAB

Post by Z6IIAB »

yes and no. Tat has been meddling with the website to get the code better. I sent him an email and he briefly explained the situation. So that's why the sit has been up and down. Which is not to say the site wouldn't be attacked by people trying to shut it down for voicing a radfem perspective on gender issues. Which wouldnt be the first time lol. But I guess Tat should be the one to clarify if the website has received attacks of the sort or not.
Call me Celina. This forum still have a long way to go until it gets filled with its intended public. And I'll do my best to help us reach that goal. I'm a battleaxe, and when you hear my voice it'll be as loud as a thunder and as clear as a blue sky.
gyrfox

Post by gyrfox »

Oh, heh, well, fair enough.

I doubt the DDOS-esque performance before that was caused by Tats, but I suppose it could be awkwardly-timed bad weather for his webhost. That's for him to disclose if it ever happens.